Forum › 14 Manga Staging Blueprints discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This was great. And yuri.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

ah, my background's turning rainy. it saddens me to think there ain't be a story with those cute chars (

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Cute and awesome

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Very interesting.. I wonder to what extent a mangaka knows specific named staging and other techniques and plans them, or if it just comes naturally with experience and they dont even think about it.

last edited at Nov 15, 2021 12:34PM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

The hallucination one felt bad.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Love me some educational yuri

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

There is a weird charm to educational pieces whose practical examples have just enough continuity for the readers' brains to start connecting the dots, but not enough to actually form a complete story. It gives us the touchstones and then let us image our favorite story around them, one that no actual, written-down story can ever match in emotional impact.

last edited at Nov 15, 2021 2:25PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Very interesting.. I wonder to what extent a mangaka knows specific named staging and other techniques and plans them, or if it just comes naturally with experience and they dont even think about it.

Probably varies. I wouldn't be surprised if the terms come out more when talking to editors.

joined Jan 7, 2020

This is actually pretty useful. Will take it into account when I make my webtoon

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

This is actually pretty interesting. Wish all my courses included examples with yuri :(

joined Aug 1, 2017

Nice, they even managed to properly illustrate how the colored version hair colors never match what you expect them to be, dammit

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 7:00AM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Nice, they even managed to properly illustrate how the colored version hair colors never match what you expect them to be, dammit

Lol so true
I think my main problem with this is that I never actually imagine any unnatural colours. Like, I've pictured them with a beautiful brown shade and then they suddenly have blue hair or green or whatever

Oh, and also when authors leave light brown hair white, like they did here.
Um... No...? this is for blonde...? (is what I think XD)

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 7:37AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yup leaving brown hair as uncoloured super annoys me lol. Even worse when its a character who normally DOES have their hair lightly shaded, but in like 20% of their panels are just left looking blonde- especially if there ARE blonde characters- can be hard to know who is who.

last edited at Nov 16, 2021 8:05AM

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Write that down! Write that down!

To reply you must either login or sign up.