Forum › SHY discussion

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Nice break.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Quite like it, the snapshots of their off time!

Say when are they releasing the book in English?

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

"I'm exhausted" Someone in danger "NOT THAT EXHAUSTED"

I dunno I just really like that kinda thing

Adrenaline is a heck of a drug.

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

Wholesome heroes heal my heart.

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

What it means to be a hero.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Quite like it, the snapshots of their off time!

"Off time" might be bit of a stretch when several of them are called on to do their costume capers while in the middle of their muggle day jobs...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Isekai averted.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Just another wholesome filler chapter. :-) I hope the mood whiplash when the next long arc starts won't be too harsh...

Isekai averted.

OK, that's the final straw. I am starting to compile a list of chapters featuring Truck-kun and will suggest the tag once I have 5-10 examples.

joined Jun 19, 2021

Say when are they releasing the book in English?

Champion series never seem to get picked up for licensing aside from the rare one like YowaPeda and Beastars. Even Iruma-kun has yet to be licensed despite having a multi-season anime and a popular scanlation.

last edited at Sep 30, 2021 12:16PM

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

What it means to be a hero.

439fd417db3b8250e628d9360cc82281
joined Jun 2, 2019

Truth be told, I get the impression that there's a tug of war going on between the author and editor over what the series is. It feels like the author would rather do mahou shoujo in shounen superhero dressing with SoL chapters and a huge focus on emotion over action which is basically what it was prior to the ninja arc and makes sense given that the author clearly likes mahou shoujo. Even the fight with Sveta and Kfufu wasn't all that long, certainly nothing like the Hollow arc which is literally half of the series' chapter count.

The editor/publiser, meanwhile, probably wants it to be "more shounen" and as a result we get... the Hollow arc. Which had lots of good stuff but was also dragged out interminably with a larger focus on action over emotion even though most of the best parts of that arc (Spirits and Kfufu, Meng Long and Thumping and their masculinity debate, Mai breaking free of her guilt, the ending) were the ones focused around emotion, not action. Spirits sitting down next to Kfufu is a way more powerful and memorable moment than all the stuff Shy did in her fight with Mai. The best of the action was probably Lady Black going berserk on Prayer but admittedly Pilse's my favorite character so I'm kind of biased on that front.

Also the result of this shift to being more action-oriented means the series is starting to suffer from the same problems every shounen action series does: the MC randomly pulling out new powers and techniques as needed and lower powered/non-powered characters getting their screentime dramatically cut since there's nothing they can do in long, epic battles. Obviously this has affected Iko the worst who's gone from main character and Teru's best friend to only getting a handful of cameo appearances in the last few dozen chapter but it's not just her, Unnie hasn't really been relevant since everyone went to the dome either.

Ehh, I think you are reading too much into it. This is the author first manga, it's very common for a writer's first work to suffer from pacing issues. Like, the Hollow arc wasn't even that action oriented, 80% of the "fights" is just people standing around and talking.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Ah how amusing how her new waifu's the enemy!

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Author: You wanted yuri? HERE YA GO.

Uh oh....

joined Jul 26, 2016

this town has some pretty wild random encounter tables

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Will she make it out alive? Probably, but only after a threesome.

joined Jun 6, 2021

Left her converter bracelets at home? This devices manages to be even more stupid than Captain Marvel jr turning back into Freddy Freeman and Mary Marvel turning back into Mary Bromfield.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Wow, yuri levels really did shoot up about 3,000% this chapter.

this town has some pretty wild random encounter tables

So this is what it's like to be on the other side of my campaigns. Fascinating.

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

enemies to lovers pipeline lets go!

439fd417db3b8250e628d9360cc82281
joined Jun 2, 2019

It's okay Teru, just seduce both into a threesome and you will survive.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

based author

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Oh course, she need to her own Toga
BNH reader will understand this reference

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

And today's joke in the chapter is:.....Lesbian U-Haul joke¡

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Teru already has a wife. Even if she hasn't gotten much screentime lately

Also why would you ever leave your transformation item at home????

last edited at Oct 24, 2021 7:17PM

joined Jun 6, 2021

Also why would you ever leave your transformation item at home????

Because the editor and publisher, lacking respect for the readers, did not tell the mangaka that the series would swiftly be axed if Gilligan's Island story-telling were used.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

shy getting a harem

To reply you must either login or sign up.