Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

FoxPaw posted:

Question: are all manhwa going to be listened under the "long strip" tag for convenience?

Uhh...if they're long strip, yes.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

We'll soon be adding some more new tags, suggestions are open once again for the next ~48 hours. Repeats of old suggestions are fine too.

Foe yay

There are definitely a few Kantai Collection images which would qualify, and a few more I've run across here and there as well.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Vankomycin posted:

We'll soon be adding some more new tags, suggestions are open once again for the next ~48 hours. Repeats of old suggestions are fine too.

Foe yay

There are definitely a few Kantai Collection images which would qualify, and a few more I've run across here and there as well.

Technically I think this already exists as Rivals? Perhaps it needs a bit of a rebranding such that it casts a wider net.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016
LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Hi! Not sure if this is the place to ask but where do I submit a takedown request for two of our chaps? Realized they had some errors in it HAHA,,

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hi! Not sure if this is the place to ask but where do I submit a takedown request for two of our chaps? Realized they had some errors in it HAHA,,

Here is fine, or you can dm me on Discord, Orange Pekoe#0863

last edited at Oct 8, 2021 8:48AM

joined Jun 5, 2018

This has been bugging me for quite a while, but I used to get notifications on subscribed series, but now I dont. Is there some reeason for that? The cross is still on receive (manage profile tab) so it should work right?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This has been bugging me for quite a while, but I used to get notifications on subscribed series, but now I dont. Is there some reeason for that? The cross is still on receive (manage profile tab) so it should work right?

That’s definitely not expected behaviour. Can you provide me some further information? A screenshot of your subscriptions or any plaintext examples of failed notifications are both fine.

joined Jun 5, 2018

That’s definitely not expected behaviour. Can you provide me some further information? A screenshot of your subscriptions or any plaintext examples of failed notifications are both fine.

Actually, im just stupid. Its somehow in my spam. Oof, sorry.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

Mmhm! I'd like to take down the lastest two chaps of hide your tears, you Crybaby. Basically "things to pay attention to", both parts 1 and 2. Thank you >.<

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

bubuu posted:

Actually, im just stupid. Its somehow in my spam. Oof, sorry.

Ohh, that's good! Didn't even think of that.

LunaaSnow posted:

Mmhm! I'd like to take down the lastest two chaps of hide your tears, you Crybaby. Basically "things to pay attention to", both parts 1 and 2. Thank you >.<

Done! Thanks for getting in touch.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

FoxPaw posted:

Question: are all manhwa going to be listed under the "long strip" tag for convenience?

Uhh...if they're long strip, yes.

Apologies for the stupid 2AM question.
I had just noticed that more manhwa was being uploaded and I didn't see a manhwa tag to search for them specifically and was wondering if one was going to be made. That said, I don't think I've ever seen a manwha that wasn't in long strip form so my mind immediately just typed out the question above instead of explaining. Sorry.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

FoxPaw posted:

Apologies for the stupid 2AM question.
I had just noticed that more manhwa was being uploaded and I didn't see a manhwa tag to search for them specifically and was wondering if one was going to be made. That said, I don't think I've ever seen a manwha that wasn't in long strip form so my mind immediately just typed out the question above instead of explaining. Sorry.

Oh! That makes sense. If it weren't waking hours for me too then I imagine I'd have been able to deduce that myself.

For now we won't be adding manhua/manhwa tags. I'm hopeful when some fundamental design choices are made in the next few months we'll have the freedom - if we so choose - to classify stories by their country of origin in a way that is distinct from the tagging system altogether. Whether that actually happens I can't say, but it's in mind. It's safe to assume that Long strip generally covers these stories, but it's definitely not an absolute rule at all, so we'll revisit this as necessary in the future.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Greetings,
my problem is connected to one of my posts being labeled as spam in the Tsuki to Koi wa Michireba Kakeru discussion thread. I may not be aware of some filtered words that are not allowed on this site or perhaps excessive repetition of the same words is considered an offense? I assure you that I was not trying to spam, I was only sharing my analyses of the manga. I may have been too wordy which caused the repetition, though.

EDIT: I rephrased it a bit and tried again and now it works. Apologies if I wasted anyone's time. I cannot even say which change caused it to work, so I have no advice for others in the same boat. Sorry.

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 4:04AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Licentious Lantern posted:

Greetings,
my problem is connected to one of my posts being labeled as spam in the Tsuki to Koi wa Michireba Kakeru discussion thread. I may not be aware of some filtered words that are not allowed on this site or perhaps excessive repetition of the same words is considered an offense? I assure you that I was not trying to spam, I was only sharing my analyses of the manga. I may have been too wordy which caused the repetition, though.

EDIT: I rephrased it a bit and tried again and now it works. Apologies if I wasted anyone's time. I cannot even say which change caused it to work, so I have no advice for others in the same boat. Sorry.

Hi, sorry for my delay in response. You were given a spam filter exception so this won't happen again. It's a bit overaggressive sometimes. You didn't do anything wrong at all and thank you for your report! Take care.

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

The new series listed under zephyr scans wasn't posted by us, please help remove it TT The name is "Master and a day off"

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

LunaaSnow posted:

The new series listed under zephyr scans wasn't posted by us, please help remove it TT The name is "Master and a day off"

Thank you, sorry. I have no idea what happened there, but it appears to have been fixed now.

last edited at Oct 11, 2021 11:43AM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Maybe the time has finally come to add that "Dynasty isn't a yuri reader" in the rules. In all caps and as a header. Maybe with a link to your in-depth reply, OP. This way we might avoid people having a meltdown in every het upload thread.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Maybe the time has finally come to add that "Dynasty isn't a yuri reader" in the rules. In all caps and as a header. Maybe with a link to your in-depth reply, OP. This way we might avoid people having a meltdown in every het upload thread.

I would use the term "not yuri-exclusive" rather than just yuri. That said, I do not think it will help much, just look at the accounts which did all that complaining (granted, most of those comments have been removed by staff now). Half of those people have been on the site for years but have never clued into the fact Dynasty uploads het sometimes. (And even yaoi.)

However, a public statement in a visible place would not be a bad idea on its own. Because that thread also demonstrated a common problem with the public perception here. One user wrote a bunch of nonsense trying to excuse bad behaviour that people really were not in the position to be excused for, but amongst other things wrote extensively how Dynasty "promotes" and "advertises" itself as a "yuri focused" site (which they meant as yuri-exclusive, otherwise it makes no sense that a single het upload (or any het upload) would cause this reaction).

Dynasty never "promoted" itself as anything, it is a manga reader site that started with a single scanlation group which simply did a lot of yuri (but not only yuri). The "promoting" and this entire nebulous "community" stuff that sprang around it is entirely done by the fans, an organic process once enough people were visiting the place.

That said, in the long run this is one of those issues that will never go away completely. It has been here since forever and will simply remain so. The staff is on-point every time, though. Probably the best take on the issue:

text

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Considering staggering amount of people who don't read rules and/or are unaware of sticky threads, I'm not sure how much it'd really solve the issue.

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

However, a public statement in a visible place would not be a bad idea on its own. Because that thread also demonstrated a common problem with the public perception here. One user wrote a bunch of nonsense trying to excuse bad behaviour that people really were not in the position to be excused for,

Hi. This sounds like my post. If a mod could revive that post for clarity's sake, I'd appreciate it.

I did not excuse anything. I said I understood and expected it. I empathized with it. There is a difference.

but amongst other things wrote extensively how Dynasty "promotes" and "advertises" itself as a "yuri focused" site (which they meant as yuri-exclusive, otherwise it makes no sense that a single het upload (or any het upload) would cause this reaction).

I did not mean "yuri-exclusive," because that would imply that everything is supposed to be yuri, and there is plenty of stuff that is subtext or simple CGDCT. I would call that sort of content more "yuri-aligned."

Dynasty never "promoted" itself as anything, it is a manga reader site that started with a single scanlation group which simply did a lot of yuri (but not only yuri). The "promoting" and this entire nebulous "community" stuff that sprang around it is entirely done by the fans, an organic process once enough people were visiting the place.

And this is where the meat comes in.

Dynasty absolutely promotes itself as a yuri site. Dynasty is a yuri site. Have you read the rules yourself? I'm copy-pasting here:
First, and above all, remember that everyone is here to have fun and enjoy yuri together. This is the literal first line in the rules post.
We encourage the promotion of yuri works or projects by members of the community and do not consider such promotion to be spam.
Insulting scanlators is unacceptable, and will result in your comment and possibly you being removed from the forum. They work hard to bring us the yuri we love, and they don’t need abuse for it.

These rules were posted by the same staff member who was in that thread deleting posts and removing posting privileges.

I know what the staff will say, "We're not a yuri site, we just upload what we want," etc. I've been on the site long enough to have read the fine print; this isn't news to me. But these are just excuses to deflect responsibility. Actions speak louder than words, and Dynasty's actions are not saying the same thing their words are. It doesn't matter what it started as, it matters what it is and has been for at least the past few years.

Every week, dozens of images are uploaded to the site, 98% with the "yuri" tag, the rest subtext or with characters common in yuri groups. 99% of chapter uploads fit this same description. Most of the rest of that 1% is other general LGBTQ+ stuff which, while not perceived as the main focus, is generally accepted because it's understood that yuri fans may also be interested in these things. They also post the occasional yuri-related news.

A community doesn't form for no reason. It forms because of a common interest, and the common interest here is clear (and it's not "whatever Dynasty feels like adding"). This is the flock Dynasty has bred. Saying Dynasty isn't a yuri site is like saying a baseball stadium shouldn't be called a baseball stadium because it can be used for things other than baseball.

I want to believe that Dynasty staff has heard all of this before and anticipated the shitstorm that arose, but like I said, actions speak louder than words, and their actions - or inaction in this case - says the opposite, because that chapter discussion had no warning of any sort of what kind of posts wouldn't be tolerated and where people could read relevant information until well after the shitstorm arrived. No one can honestly believe that most users actually go into the general forum area and read everything instead of just commenting wherever they happen to be. That doesn't excuse those posts or make them acceptable, but if your rules are buried in a place most users aren't going to see them, maybe you ought to accept some of the blame.

For the record, I'm not trying to tell Dynasty what to do, I'm just giving perspective. If they want to keep uploading het every 1 in 1,000 uploads, that's their choice, but every action causes a reaction. If you want the perception of the site to reflect your own and for the reactions to be appropriate, that's something you must take action for.

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 10:57AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Dynasty absolutely promotes itself as a yuri site. Dynasty is a yuri site. Have you read the rules yourself? I'm copy-pasting here:
First, and above all, remember that everyone is here to have fun and enjoy yuri together. This is the literal first line in the rules post.
We encourage the promotion of yuri works or projects by members of the community and do not consider such promotion to be spam.
Insulting scanlators is unacceptable, and will result in your comment and possibly you being removed from the forum. They work hard to bring us the yuri we love, and they don’t need abuse for it.

And i raise the second rule for upload request
You may suggest het if the story is good or the comedy is good.

I know it's on the upload request page but it's there. Also there is a blacklist feature that can hide Het tag.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't think there's much for me to say or address here, really. So I'll just respond to the little bit that does. I have no problem with others continuing this conversation as they see fit, but all the usual rules apply. Please be kind.

Hauteclere posted:

Hi. This sounds like my post. If a mod could revive that post for clarity's sake, I'd appreciate it.

sorryifitsblurry

Dynasty absolutely promotes itself as a yuri site. Dynasty is a yuri site.

I know what the staff will say, "We're not a yuri site, we just upload what we want," etc. I've been on the site long enough to have read the fine print; this isn't news to me. But these are just excuses to deflect responsibility.

If you are able to quote me saying that Dynasty is "not a yuri site" or shouldn't be considered LGBT friendly or anything like that, please do so, and I'll take a look at it. My primary contention with these arguments that pop up on occasion are the choice to claim that we "promote" or "market" ourselves as anything. To my knowledge, we don't do any promotion or marketing whatsoever, and the people who find us find us through other platforms by word-of-mouth. In private, I've rarely given a specific and unconditional label to the site's contents.

I want to believe that Dynasty staff has heard all of this before and anticipated the shitstorm that arose, but like I said, actions speak louder than words, and their actions - or inaction in this case - says the opposite, because that chapter discussion had no warning of any sort of what kind of posts wouldn't be tolerated and where people could read relevant information until well after the shitstorm arrived. No one can honestly believe that most users actually go into the general forum area and read everything instead of just commenting wherever they happen to be. That doesn't excuse those posts or make them acceptable, but if your rules are buried in a place most users aren't going to see them, maybe you ought to accept some of the blame.

You may take issue with the location of the rules if you'd like, there's nothing I can do about that, so it is how it is. You seem to be wrong on some things though, and I'm not really sure why.

From the first post I didn't like, I posted the relevant rule and redirected users to the rules thread. When the situation grew worse, I posted a final, general warning and again redirected users to the rules thread. When someone chose to ignore those prior warnings and continue, I banned them immediately, and directed them to the prior warnings. Everyone else who continued had their post removed and was banned for a day.

I haven't the time to review every post removed or every user banned, but at least half of them had read enough prior comments to have an opinion on the general direction of the thread. They had seen the warnings, they simply didn't care enough to not have their voices heard in that thread. That's fine, I respect their calculation. For those who did not, I hope what transpired will be a reminder of what is expected of them in the future. Thanks.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Lilliwyt posted:

I know it's on the upload request page but it's there. Also there is a blacklist feature that can hide Het tag.

Thanks Lilli, really did mean to post that. I'll add it to the rules and FAQ later, if it's not already somewhere in there.

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 2:15PM

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

If you are able to quote me saying that Dynasty is "not a yuri site" or shouldn't be considered LGBT friendly or anything like that, please do so, and I'll take a look at it. My primary contention with these arguments that pop up on occasion are the choice to claim that we "promote" or "market" ourselves as anything. To my knowledge, we don't do any promotion or marketing whatsoever, and the people who find us find us through other platforms by word-of-mouth. In private, I've rarely given a specific and unconditional label to the site's contents.

"Promote" may not have been the right word. The site presents itself as a yuri site, and not without intention.

From the first post I didn't like, I posted the relevant rule and redirected users to the rules thread. When the situation grew worse, I posted a final, general warning and again redirected users to the rules thread. When someone chose to ignore those prior warnings and continue, I banned them immediately, and directed them to the prior warnings. Everyone else who continued had their post removed and was banned for a day.

The problem here is the first few words: "From the first post I didn't like." Why did you wait until a post like that was made? I, at least, thought it was obvious that there would be complaints, and in such a situation, the natural procedure would be for a staff member to post before anyone else to say that complaint posts wouldn't be tolerated and to link to the rules. This is what I was saying in that paragraph you quoted, not that you didn't post anything at all.

For the record, I, personally, don't care if you continue to upload het. If you care to notice, my original post made no complaints about the existence of het, I was only commenting on the reactions to it. All I'm saying is that this was inevitable and should've been anticipated.

To reply you must either login or sign up.