Forum › My Roommate Found Out That I Drew Her in a Yuri Manhua! discussion

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

not baseless to assume the Chinese government would do so

It is baseless to assert that they will or have done so.

They've done it before and they'll do it again.

joined Dec 28, 2016

not baseless to assume the Chinese government would do so

It is baseless to assert that they will or have done so.

They've done it before and they'll do it again.

Agreed. It's weird how people try and deny something having happened.

joined Apr 6, 2019

I would appreciate if a Westerner could, just one time, realise the incredible irony of criticising Chinese for being indoctrinated by propaganda, when you are so deep into your own country's propaganda that you disregard reality and are content with lies being spread as long as they conform to your biases. I said no word in defense of the CCP, only in defense of truthful information. Telling that you chose to interpret advocating against misinformation as a negative thing, because the truth doesn't agree with you.

The brainwashing in Western countries is indeed terrifying. People are bombarded with propaganda pretty much since they are old enough to sit in front of a tv screen (and that usually happens before they even articulate their first word). It's like living in the Matrix, except that nobody will kindly offer you a red pill. You need to think hard by yourself and do a lot of searching to realize that in the world there are red ideas, red countries, red truths that the Western governments and the Western media desperately try to block out with a steady bombardment of blue pills.

These days, I only check the stuff the comes from Western news agencies to shake my head in disgust at the constant distortion of evidences and the blatant lies. Sadly most people don't know better. You talk to them about any subject, it's always the same inability to process facts. The Covid pandemic, say. You tell them: China has six times the population of the USA. China was completely unprepared when the pandemic hit, while the USA had more than a year to prepare. China: about 100,000 cases and 5,000 deaths. USA: about 50,000,000 cases and nearly a million deaths. Which country has the better government? They just gape at you and don't know what to say.

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 11:01PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I do believe the relevance of global governmental ideologies to this particular story has been well-nigh exhausted by now.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Folks all I wanted to do was translate a cute story.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Folks all I wanted to do was translate a cute story.

There's so much "Sir this is a Wendy's" energy in this comment.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

awww man I wish this was a series

joined Sep 7, 2021

Will there be more?

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

I imagined the author was drawing that black and white comic, and this scenario actually happened... Then they can make a hyper realistic comic of them drawing this comic. After, they can have an anime made of them reflecting on it was there "friendlier" "roommate".

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 4:50PM

joined Jan 28, 2019

There's always someone who will bend over backwards to defend the CCP lmao, someone who takes a criticism of China and turns it into, "well obviously you just consume western propaganda and love your gov't unconditionally"

Anyways, bless the scanlators, cute oneshot.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

There's always someone who will bend over backwards to defend the CCP lmao, someone who takes a criticism of China and turns it into, "well obviously you just consume western propaganda and love your gov't unconditionally"

Anyways, bless the scanlators, cute oneshot.

it's odd because they could say the same for themselves

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

love the parallels between the manhua panels and the expressions on the characters faces

To reply you must either login or sign up.