Forum › At The Bottom Of The Stairway To Adulthood discussion

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

wow
that's just......... one sadder way of reading the story.
But imagine when little sister in high school or older brings home her girlfriend to be similar to Kuga in certain ways though /♥ gosh the heartthrob.

last edited at Jan 17, 2014 2:22PM

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

I hope we get to read another oneshot of Natsu being in highschool.

joined May 28, 2013

Dam, this story has given me mixed motions. I don't know what to feel. I feel happy and angsty at the same time inner scream

Sleeping%20yukari
joined Nov 15, 2011

the last four pages... I didn't see it coming O_o
I feel bad for her

joined Aug 24, 2013

This was good!

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

aahhaha, wow...totally unexpected...but I like it...actually want more from it :v

I274kwh
joined Sep 14, 2013

I looooove all the one shots of Hirari. They release the best one shots for me. This one is not an exemption as well. Im getting the vibe that the eldest has a thing for the new girl and I was right <3

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Am I the only person that expected that ending from a certain point? Maybe I just like it when sisters fight over a girl. Is that weird?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Really cute but that was a depressing ending...

last edited at Feb 25, 2014 3:52PM

Bee6_n
joined Jul 10, 2012

I prefer the story as it is.

The ending wasn't as unexpected for me, but was no less enjoyable.

This

Lol that older sister was SUCH a tsundere! She's so cute pretending she's doing it for herself when she's being nice to her baby sister. The story made her seem like she was just going to be some bitch, but she turned out to be really adorable in the end. Very cute.
And I'm really liking this mangaka; she's quickly become a favorite.

and this

Yeah, definitely liked this ending better than what (usually) wouldve happened :O nice change of pace I guess.

summed up my feelings.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Looking at it a bit later, it really wasn't a depressing ending at all. If you ignore the bait-and-switch of making it look like the younger sister was romantically attracted to the older girl, it ended up good for all concerned. After all, what younger sister wanted was a friend and for her sister to be nicer to her and she got both. Plus, both the others got a loving relationship out of it, so that's a good thing too.

Beyond that, the younger sister also got a wider perspective which opened her eyes to a lot of good things and I can't really call that a bad thing.

Prprcharlotte_8
joined Apr 1, 2013

What a good ending! I definitely prefer it that way.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Re-reading, this is actually very sweet and cute.

I found myself staring at the last panel on page 16 for a while...
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/at_the_bottom_of_the_stairway_to_adulthood#16

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

My heart doesn't know what to feel. I think the artist did that purposely by putting the POV of Natsu

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

I don't like the big sister Aki. =n=

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't like the big sister Aki. =n=

I think Aki cares a lot for her sister, but has a bad habit of doing something for a good reason but not telling anyone the thought process to lead her there. Like in the flashback, she does things with her sister's benefit in mind, but leaves out the "why" so it looks kind of like being mean.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I can't believe I have never read this. It was cute in a totally unexpected way. I mean I can see that there might be a sisters fight but I didn't think the sis would be tsundere to the MC. I can relate to the MC since I have a big sister and she gets what she wants even now.

last edited at Sep 15, 2014 5:38AM

joined Sep 15, 2014

yes that tsundere sis, awesome!

34fyvmg
joined Jun 17, 2013

I wish the author would do another version, this time with the older sister and how she and kuga-san got together

joined Apr 13, 2012

so i was rereading this and i'm wondering... it was Kuga Yukiko or Kaga Yukiko? they both seem to appear in the story so...

joined Sep 15, 2014

Looking at it a bit later, it really wasn't a depressing ending at all. If you ignore the bait-and-switch of making it look like the younger sister was romantically attracted to the older girl, it ended up good for all concerned. After all, what younger sister wanted was a friend and for her sister to be nicer to her and she got both. Plus, both the others got a loving relationship out of it, so that's a good thing too.

Beyond that, the younger sister also got a wider perspective which opened her eyes to a lot of good things and I can't really call that a bad thing.

I'm wondering what kind of people would call this story sad, depressing, and angsty? seriously they must have very little tolerance. lil sis here got her first heart broken so? that's not sad that sweet! :D

last edited at Sep 17, 2014 8:08PM

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Big sis is definitely a tsundere! XD

joined Jul 26, 2014

"Now that I think about it, in the end, Onee-chan always shared a little bit with me..." So it's something like, you can fuck her on Tuesdays but I get her the rest of the week?

I
joined May 21, 2014

"Now that I think about it, in the end, Onee-chan always shared a little bit with me..." So it's something like, you can fuck her on Tuesdays but I get her the rest of the week?

She just let her little sister be friend her girlfriend :D I think it just to show that onee-chan is actually nice.

last edited at Dec 25, 2014 8:40PM

joined Jul 26, 2014

She just let her little sister be friend her girlfriend :D I think it just to show that onee-chan is actually nice.

I feel like there was a missed opportunity for NTR somewhere..

To reply you must either login or sign up.