Forum › Friends at the End discussion

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, Mythbusters did a episode where they created a solar still. Problem is it takes a LONG time to make much usable water.

joined Aug 29, 2019

First thought upon reading the chapter title: Ah, the pee chapter!

joined Apr 6, 2019

Watersports

Hahaha she was really determined to make Chio drink distilled piss, wasn't she?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Japan has 95 boys to 100 girls, so if you are down to two Japanese, you have a 26% chance of two girls, a 24.9% chance of two boys, and a 49% chance of opposite sexes. Therefore, Japanese girls should always be prepared for a yuri apocalypse.

Fb_img_1506323085663
joined Apr 2, 2017

I see Knight Heron is a well known teacher by now

NamelessSentinel
Unnamed
joined Aug 26, 2021

Crazy crack-theory time: Kia is really a hyper yandere for Chio and caused this apocalypse somehow in order to be all alone with her and grow closer, while she studied up on all kinds of survivalist knowledge beforehand in preparation.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Crazy crack-theory time: Kia is really a hyper yandere for Chio and caused this apocalypse somehow in order to be all alone with her

Then she isn't just hyper yandere, she is fucking god almighty.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm personally curious as to the specific reason why Kia knows all this survival knowledge despite not doing well in school. Assuming she didn't cause the apocalypse for whatever reason, it's possible that she has an interest in this sort of thing, but I'd like to know what the origin of that interest is.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Well this one postapo yuri manga is not bad

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I really appreciate the beleaguered tone of the typesetter's notes. Hang in there, royal nobody-san! You can do it!

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I enjoy how it's like Kia is a character in after-school educational programming for like Girl Guides and Chio is a character from some mashup of Citrus and a post-credits scene from End of Eva. Just completely different worlds.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wow

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

I'm personally curious as to the specific reason why Kia knows all this survival knowledge despite not doing well in school. Assuming she didn't cause the apocalypse for whatever reason, it's possible that she has an interest in this sort of thing, but I'd like to know what the origin of that interest is.

While the survival aspect is a bit on the nose, the knowledge for general high school is often limited to things you need for a job. Kia obviously has a passion for nature stuff, and the sciences around it, but before college/university that passion doesn't help with test scores where she obviously has trouble either due to trouble learning or lack of interest.

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

So, apparently, the apocalypse has destroyed every single supermarket on the planet, but the clocks are still running for them to track time this accurately. If the author cares about setting consistency this little, why didn't they just go for a "two girls on a botched field trip" story instead of post-apocalypse?

Well the story falls on more the kind of "what if" scenario that does not have much idea as to how it would actually come about. Kind of like Sounan Desu Ka? where it is a bit iffy about what kind of world the story is based in. Honestly it would be better to forget about the consistency of this story's setting and treat it as a fun educational trip.

Or maybe as @NamelessSentinel stated just take the theory approach as to how this world ended up as what it is. As of now though I have to agree with the theory proposed by @NamelessSentinel since I can't think of how everyone in the world is gone except those two. The only thing I can make out of this is that Aoi and Kia has somehow passed away in some freak accident and now they're both in this world that kinda resembles the after life. Something like Alice in Borderland, minus the violent death games.

Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

God I love these TL notes

To reply you must either login or sign up.