Forum › Come Rain or Shine discussion

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

Hmm.. have a feeling that Tsubaki is gonna end up getting exposed

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

Wait, who is that long hair girl at the end? Did I miss something?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Based on the sign, probably Nekozaki's sister; definitely someone related to her, though. And also the person Fujishiro was talking to here. Which also explains why she corrected the investigation subject's name from Nekozaki to Ren, since she was talking to a Nekozaki as well.

last edited at Aug 28, 2021 3:40PM

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

Based on the sign, probably Nekozaki's sister; definitely someone related to her, though. And also the person Fujishiro was talking to here. Which also explains why she corrected the investigation subject's name from Nekozaki to Ren, since she was talking to a Nekozaki as well.

The story's moving at the speed of sound. It felt as though it was just yesterday we were pointing and laughing at Bakazaki's romantic ineptitude, while watching Mikoto struggling to figure out the true nature of her and Nekozaki's relationship. Now we're suddenly face to face with a (possible) antagonist?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The story's moving at the speed of sound. It felt as though it was just yesterday we were pointing and laughing at Bakazaki's romantic ineptitude, while watching Mikoto struggling to figure out the true nature of her and Nekozaki's relationship. Now we're suddenly face to face with a (possible) antagonist?

You say that, but that first time we met her through that phone call was more than half the current length of the series ago.

So we’re circling back to the murder mystery, I’m kinda interested to see where it goes. But at the same time it doesn’t really fit in the current setting/theme of the manga.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So we’re circling back to the murder mystery, I’m kinda interested to see where it goes. But at the same time it doesn’t really fit in the current setting/theme of the manga.

Quite the opposite, in my opinion. Since we're likely about to see Ren finally talk about everything with Mikoto once she wakes up, this is exactly the time to see the thread progress on the other end in parallel as well.

Quite the opposite, in my opinion. Since we're likely about to see Ren finally talk about everything with Mikoto once she wakes up, this is exactly the time to see the thread progress on the other end in parallel as well.

Yeah I see what you mean, however I was anticipating Mikoto and Nekozaki finally discussing how they feel and how to move forward. Can’t say I was particular excited about the whole murder mystery involving Nekozaki’s father. In my opinion it just hasn’t been built up enough.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah I see what you mean, however I was anticipating Mikoto and Nekozaki finally discussing how they feel and how to move forward. Can’t say I was particular excited about the whole murder mystery involving Nekozaki’s father. In my opinion it just hasn’t been built up enough.

The two are very much intertwined, though, the mystery being the reason Nekozaki has been avoiding anything to do with love.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

With this series comparisons to its more comedic older sibling seem nearly inevitable. I was quite fond of that manga, even if it was rather directionless. This rewrite has actually far better pacing and momentum behind it. After all, in the same amount of chapters we have reached 3 actually established relationships with proper development and execution as well as one that is currently pending to be resolved. In that sense the mystery around the death of Nekozakl's father both creates a real endgame as well as a stark differentiation to the first iteration which allows the resolution to change just enough that it won't feel repetitive.

That being said, I have strong doubts that Nekozaki and Mikoto can reach the same rapport and emotional resolution that the final chapters in Todo no Tsumari no Uchouten did (even though we were given the promised kiss much earlier), exactly because of this more outward force causing the conflict. The fireworks chapter is still ingrained in my memory as an emotional high point. What sweet agony to have two alternate versions to the same relationship.

Side-note: I appreciate how the relationship between Tsubaki and Fujishiro is a fair give and take. So often there is a power imbalance when it comes to age gap couples, especially a teacher and a student. But Tsubaki's maturity has completely prevented any drama that could have been born from the current plot and supposed "betrayal". It's very contrary to most melodramatic takes of love across the series. If it is not too much to ask I would love for Arata Iri to delve a little deeper into their romance.

last edited at Oct 5, 2021 1:25PM

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
YOU DID IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

joined Jan 14, 2020

Well, abrupt revelation and resolution is abrupt.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

alright it's great to see these two get together again in this alternate universe but also what a shit dad, dude just skipped out on his wife and daughter causing such a massive rift between the two who actually loved eachother fuck that guy honestly.

Also Nekozaki's mom you sure have a bad case on not talking to people don't you, like ultimately I get it she's scared of being rejected probably even more scared now after her husband dipped on her. But not talking has sure caused those two to believe the other one hates them, when they want nothing but to care for eachother and to feel that care be returned. Pretty good stuff honestly and fuck Nekozaki's dad what an asshole.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

What a trainwreck. Feels like everything is kinda rushed but not really at the same time. Idk what's going on anymore but at least there's a confession

I had a feeling the “big reveal” was going to be a big misunderstanding. Well either way I’m glad everything is cleared up with Mikoto and Nekozaki.

joined Jun 6, 2021

“lil' ” → “li'l”

An apostrophe stands where a letter or letters that might otherwise be sounded has or have been silenced.

joined Sep 11, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/come_rain_or_shine_ch16#23 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SHE NAME DROPPED THE TITLE

Resolution came as fast as it was introduced unlike its foreshadowing.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Anyone think "killed her father" added anything good to this story?

last edited at Dec 5, 2021 9:38PM

joined May 29, 2021

Come Rain or Shrine.

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

"Hit me up. We can hang out."
- Friend's Single Mom

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

Dang what a turd of a dad :/

joined Dec 13, 2018

I really want to know what Arata was thinking with this one.

Well, it happened, now we can move past it.

last edited at Dec 5, 2021 11:21PM

joined Aug 29, 2016

I would’ve been mad at Nekozaki too with the way she clammed up before and seemingly trampled over her feelings. But also I get how loving someone is so strong that they can’t bring themselves to hate the other person. Even Tsubaki figured her gf/Ms. Shiro was being used and easily forgave her for being wiretapped. Interesting that Mikoto and Tsubaki learned about this stuff at the same time. And for Tsubaki to even open up to Mikoto afterwards. We got 2 MC kisses and that’s 2 more kisses than we ever got in the original version that this series adapted. Well also some kisses from side characters and more developed relationships and confessions. Idk I do like this series a lot. But Nekozaki took way too long, running from love even if there was childhood trauma.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I really want to know what Arata was thinking with this one.

Well, it happened, now we can move past it.

i don´t know if there´s much left to explore honestly, i feel like the manga is gonna end pretty soon , every major couple has been explored and resolved at this point and since the manga left the comedy aside in order to set the tone for this "twist" i don´t see it becoming a slice of life romcom

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Whew, I was getting "last chapter" vibes for a second there, so glad it is still going.

To reply you must either login or sign up.