Forum › The Amazing Magic Only You Possess discussion

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

Well I cried. So there's that

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It was wierd, cute, and sweet. However it wasn't "wholesome". I wish people would stop putting Wholesome on stories with sex in them. My 9yr old niece is intersted in yuri manga. I was thinking I could let her read stories with Wholesome, but that will clearly not work out.

Sex does not disqualify something from being wholesome, ya prude. Just do the smart thing and actually confirm the content of whatever you're recommending to a child in the first place.

Okay you got me. I was trolling a bit. I've always equated the word wholesome with rated G, and thought that they put Wholesome on this story to be funny. Which annoyed me. I realised the flaws in my plan, to bookmark the Wholesome page for my niece, almost immediately and scrapped it weeks ago. I brought the plan up here, in bad faith, to give my complaint garitas.

While I have NO problem with this story, or ANY of it's contents, I still don't agree with the Wholesome tag. However as long as people really see this story as wholesome and not just listed as Wholesome for a joke, I concede the point. I learned a long time ago, it's pointless to argue over the meanings of words, on the message boards.

last edited at Aug 16, 2021 3:46PM

joined Jan 3, 2020

Wholesome and Angst seem like they should be incompatible tags at least.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Awwwww what the fuck man D:

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Love conquers all

Exactly what I was going to type haha

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Tbh, that both got a good laugh from me because of the sheer absurdity of being in love with a sentient plush doll but also made me find it wholesome so nice one sono

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

One of the thoughts I had after reading this was "The mangaka is definitely a fan of PreCure" specifically Yes! 5 and Yes! 5 GOGO. But instead of a male fairy that can transform, it's a female(?????) plushie that doesn't have a human form.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Oop, we got ourselves a plushie-sexual here. You usually see those in ABDL stories/oneshots... Dynasty you just keep blowing my mind year after year!

last edited at Aug 17, 2021 10:26AM

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I am so sorry for the link I'm about to share. (NSFW)
https://www.reddit.com/r/hmmm/comments/p5qt8v/hmmm/

joined Sep 13, 2018

It... Was kinda cute, but also odd? I kinda wish for a follow up where Lappi gets a human body and they can like, actually be together though.

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

If they want to have sex she could dry humping her, just like a pillow lol

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I don't usually like blogposting, but I wanted to share this - mostly because it transformed my opinion of this story from "This is fun and quirky story, not bad" to "This story has left me a sobbing mess, someone help me."

I read it a few days ago mind you, but only today, after saying something out loud that was practically line-by-line right out of the story, did I realize how similar my feelings are to Lappi's. Not as a plush of course, but being ace and in a relationship with someone for a very long time now but never feeling adequate or worthy enough to be their partner. I realized that even the witch at the start - telling Megu that her love is nothing but self deception - echoes the same doubts that have plagued my mind for a decade now.

I don't wanna start spilling my own guts all over the place, but I encourage anyone who's grappled with feelings like that to read it through those lens, because it really is something special to me now.

last edited at Aug 18, 2021 6:44AM

C1147d3190ae4c0815cc862bce35952975d3857e072e7b6bef6e34b56d95dd83
joined Nov 12, 2017

soul-possessed plush-bunny girls make do

Omen
joined Sep 7, 2017

i didnt expect objectophilia to ever reach dynasty scans but love finds a way :) instant favorite

joined Jan 24, 2020

I've never read anything quite like this manga before, and it's amazing that it works as well as it does. It takes a bizarre premise that sounds like it should be satirical (or possibly something one might find in the more... niche sort of hentai), but then plays it straight and treats it as a serious, poignant drama, and it completely pulls it off.

I actually liked this a lot. Adorable.

Could be viewed as a metaphor for... hell, many things. Disabilities is a big one.

Yeah, I think this manga is probably metaphorical in some way, but I'm not totally sure what the metaphor is. As you say, it could be lots of things, and disability seems like one of the more likely possibilities, but I get the sense that it might be something more abstract and existential than that. Maybe something to the effect of not letting go of what's precious to you even if it's hard to make that work with a normal life, and what that means. There's such a deep atmosphere of sadness that hangs over the whole story that I feel like it's probably coming from a pretty personal place.

Gay
joined Jun 13, 2016

what is this im dead afhwbehwb

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

johnb posted:

Okay you got me. I was trolling a bit. I've always equated the word wholesome with rated G, and thought that they put Wholesome on this story to be funny. Which annoyed me. I realised the flaws in my plan, to bookmark the Wholesome page for my niece, almost immediately and scrapped it weeks ago. I brought the plan up here, in bad faith, to give my complaint garitas.

While I have NO problem with this story, or ANY of it's contents, I still don't agree with the Wholesome tag. However as long as people really see this story as wholesome and not just listed as Wholesome for a joke, I concede the point. I learned a long time ago, it's pointless to argue over the meanings of words, on the message boards.

While we do definitely have meme tags and tags that are used in a silly manner, I hope you won't see any completely misleading tag uses like that since it kinda defeats the point. (I didn't tag this one, but I can see why it's tagged the way it is and definitely don't think it was a joke.)

Minalinsky posted:

I don't usually like blogposting, but I wanted to share this - mostly because it transformed my opinion of this story from "This is fun and quirky story, not bad" to "This story has left me a sobbing mess, someone help me."

I read it a few days ago mind you, but only today, after saying something out loud that was practically line-by-line right out of the story, did I realize how similar my feelings are to Lappi's. Not as a plush of course, but being ace and in a relationship with someone for a very long time now but never feeling adequate or worthy enough to be their partner. I realized that even the witch at the start - telling Megu that her love is nothing but self deception - echoes the same doubts that have plagued my mind for a decade now.

I don't wanna start spilling my own guts all over the place, but I encourage anyone who's grappled with feelings like that to read it through those lens, because it really is something special to me now.

Kinda hurt, but good blog. I'm glad you wrote it.

last edited at Aug 21, 2021 10:15AM

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Now that’s true love right there. Almost got tears in my eyes at the end but I understand the direction the story went through.

Also Minalinsky’s comment is pretty close to home to what I had in mind.

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 8:47AM

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

ok ok so I can't believe how emotionally invested I got into this pls I'm about to cry

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Lol ;-;

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

This story reminded me of Nanachi and Mitty from Made In Abyss :((

joined Aug 8, 2020

Wtf am I reading tag and wholesome tag might be the rarest combination on this site.

Shinta
joined Feb 25, 2014

Shit, I'm crying.... :'(

joined Sep 23, 2021

Toys

Literally

Images%20(1)
joined Jun 11, 2020

Idk if this is supposed to be cute and wholesome or hilariously weird

To reply you must either login or sign up.