Forum › Did Qi Fei Take Flight Today? discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is the most yaoi yuri I've ever read, I think. Pretty interesting, really need more Sports yuri.

Someone else please make the sports joke, I used up all my joking vibes.

Edit: Oh yeah and to the requestor, you can find all the tags on the site here, cheers.

last edited at Aug 1, 2021 12:55AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

This seems fun. I like the detail that the mom also has animal ears.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

There’s no rule in the book that says someone can’t walk onto the court from out of fucking nowhere and start playing in the middle of a game

last edited at Aug 1, 2021 4:42AM

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

Oh this is good tho dang

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

One translation note: The sound of a jump shot going through the net isn't "SLAM!"--it's "SWISH!"

joined Jul 14, 2021

Lol that’s actually the author’s avatar! They inserted a tonnnn of Easter eggs—anything you see that says ‘Quanzi-san’ or ‘Gou-san’ is a joke by the author. (Also, look carefully at the chalkboards during ch 1!) They also stuffed this series chock-full of Chinese memes, some of which I probably missed during the tl process lmao.

joined Jul 14, 2021

One translation note: The sound of a jump shot going through the net isn't "SLAM!"--it's "SWISH!"

Ahhh, I’ll keep that in mind, thank you!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ahhh, I’ll keep that in mind, thank you!

And thank you for the translation--this is very fun.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Hmm... I like this so far. Their interactions are interesting and fun. Qi Fei is kind of a pain to deal with, isn't she? But I'd say she's cute.
Actually, aren't they both a pain...?

Chapter 2:
Ge Qu: Don't bother me for meaningless—
Ah, crap, did I go too far? Let me fix that
Don't talk to me.
...Nice one girl

Now, why the hell could she play at the level (or even higher) of the other players? Even though she hadn't had any practice for like, more than a year...? It's not like I didn't expect it, I just kinda felt bad for the girls that had probably been working their asses off during that time.... XD

It was funny how other people thought the protagonist was a guy, cause I thought she looked a lot like a guy as well. Actually... and this is probably a liiiittle bit weird.. here, at the panel where she says "Were you about to use that excuse to blow me off?", she kind of reminded me of an uncle of mine (whom I haven't seen in years btw).... And unfortunately I kept thinking about it later on, when we saw her from a profile view o.O

I actually went and found pictures of that uncle just to prove to myself that she didn't look like him lol. Needless to say, she did not, in fact, look anything like my uncle...
(Oh, and just to be clear, my uncle does not have blue hair or golden eyes –like, in case someone got that impression)

(Edit: crap, I got the protagonist's name wrong!)

last edited at Aug 4, 2021 7:50AM

joined Feb 21, 2019

This is the best

joined Aug 21, 2017

Lol that’s actually the author’s avatar! They inserted a tonnnn of Easter eggs—anything you see that says ‘Quanzi-san’ or ‘Gou-san’ is a joke by the author. (Also, look carefully at the chalkboards during ch 1!) They also stuffed this series chock-full of Chinese memes, some of which I probably missed during the tl process lmao.

That's neat. Now that you mention it, I am seeing a lot of those Easter eggs pop up. Thank you for the information.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Aw, Lian Zi's smile at the end of chapter 12 is so cute.

Qi Fei is kind of a pain to deal with, isn't she? But I'd say she's cute.
Actually, aren't they both a pain...?

I think the sum of their relationship thus far is sort've, "they're both a pain" lol

joined Jun 6, 2021

The color of her pupils is basically black. The colored area, surronding the pupil, is the iris.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Ow my heart ow owwwowow

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

This is the most yaoi yuri I've ever read, I think. Pretty interesting, really need more Sports yuri.

Despite never having read yaoi, I think I get what you mean. They sure do grab and restrain each other a lot. It's cute tho.

Anyone know any badminton yuri lol? I wanna read about a sport I actually know the rules to so I can tell if random people in the audience can really just join mid-game.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Qi Fei is meant to be a real cat girl, I think. Emphasis on the cat. I think she suffered for two years and now doesn't trust her qiánbèi not to break her little hòubèi's heart again if she becomes vulnerable.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I'd love a good sports yuri, but for some reason I find this one to be just somewhat boring. MC is fine, but I'm really not feeling the senpai at all, her going back and forth between caring and distant and cold in the beginning was just annoying, feels like the story leans into the "cool but conflicted senpai" trope way too much.

Probably still gonna read it though, I just need more sports stories in my life T_T

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

So, completely non-plussed when glasses girl emerges from the shrubbery.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Waterlemon posted:

Anyone know any badminton yuri lol? I wanna read about a sport I actually know the rules to so I can tell if random people in the audience can really just join mid-game.

I wish! She wouldn't be allowed to play cos teams have to declare their eligible players before each game, but it wouldn't be that strange for her to play well if she some exception was made. High school level has vast skill gaps between players, and the lack of women playing it just extends the gaps on that end. If she's naturally skilled and staying in good shape, she should do relatively well with minimal preparation.

ChikyuuNeko posted:

I'd love a good sports yuri, but for some reason I find this one to be just somewhat boring. MC is fine, but I'm really not feeling the senpai at all, her going back and forth between caring and distant and cold in the beginning was just annoying, feels like the story leans into the "cool but conflicted senpai" trope way too much.

I can't say I'm in love with it, but I did notice the last few chapters were feeling better to me. Maybe the attachment will be gradual? In any case I'm sticking till the end, cos I'm desperate for sports yuri, and I do love basketball too (even if it's basically inconsequential to this series).

last edited at Aug 4, 2021 1:42PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Someone else please make the sports joke, I used up all my joking vibes.

Edit: Oh yeah and to the requestor, you can find all the tags on the site here, cheers.

What, even more than Love DNA XXX?

Bbg
joined Dec 19, 2014

I like how Qi Fei turns into a cat whenever she enters tsun mode

joined Feb 21, 2019

Lain Zi: accidentally grabs Bai Guo’s Arm

Bai Guo: “Target acquired”

But I’m glad they’re giving this variation of the wingwoman best friend a girl of her own here <3

last edited at Aug 4, 2021 5:54PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Imagine accidentally grabbing somebody's arm, then when you go to the bathroom they RUN after you, pin you against the wall, tell you they like your eyes, tell you they're gay, then exchange numbers with you.

bruh

joined Feb 21, 2019

Imagine accidentally grabbing somebody's arm, then when you go to the bathroom they RUN after you, pin you against the wall, tell you they like your eyes, tell you they're gay, then exchange numbers with you.

bruh

Wish it was me

joined Jul 14, 2021

bruh

Bai Guo's just too smooth smh

To reply you must either login or sign up.