Forum › Good-Bye Dystopia discussion

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Thanks for uploading this here! I read this back on mangadex but while it was down I’ve kinda come to prefer dynasty. Mangadex is a mess right now anyways.

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

I wonder if they’ll progress past the point of just being two strangers near each other

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Was very excited to see the folks at Gouma-Den pick this up, very appreciative for their work and my apologies for our delay in getting it here!

I wonder if they’ll progress past the point of just being two strangers near each other

Same. There's an interesting line in their relationship, it's hard to tell where they're headed.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

I loved it!

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

I really love the atmosphere of this!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

I'm surprised that torri is even broken down,for there is the famous image of one that survived both an atomic bomb and the '63(?) earthquake.

Being the simple structure that it is,it's fairly sturdy.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Subtext in my Yuri Hime? Is this tag confirmed?

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

I really like the atsmophere this manga gives, ty for bring this to us!!!

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

Really atmospheric and interesting. Looking forward to seeing how this goes!

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Wow, this is really interesting! Shame that it's apparently pretty short: MAL lists it as complete at 14 chapters.

Still, I can't wait to see the rest. Will we learn more about thse girls' lives, or will they remain mysteries even to each other for the whole time? There's something compelling about them just traveling together without even knowing each other's real names.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

This one lands in an awkward in-between for me. It sort of demands to be read as a yuri story (that's really the only frame in which "Azumi" being amused by "Mizuki" not recognizing a love hotel), but it's also trying to be a cryptic and atmospheric meditation on… loss? loneliness? Having both main characters be complete ciphers makes it tough to get too invested. It ends up feeling ungrounded to me, without the surrealism of something like Shimeji Simulation to fill in the gaps.

In any case, it feels very Yuri Hime to me. I can't imagine anywhere else this particular story could have run.

Cornonthekopp
joined Jul 6, 2020

Does this count an an age gap? I can’t tell their ages but motorcycle gal seems significantly older than our teenage runaway

joined Jun 5, 2018

So, how much time did pass between 1st and 7th chapter? Mizuki at least completely changed her attire, and considering the travels, it might have been over a week. But where were they resting? And wheres the money coming from? (Something Mizuki wondered herself.) They should have to go at least to inns, to keep appereances up as depicted in this manga.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

So, how much time did pass between 1st and 7th chapter? Mizuki at least completely changed her attire, and considering the travels, it might have been over a week. But where were they resting? And wheres the money coming from? (Something Mizuki wondered herself.) They should have to go at least to inns, to keep appereances up as depicted in this manga.

I reread this since it flows much better if read in a single continuous sitting rather than in piecemeal and from what I can tell there are few time skips before the end of chapter 6 and those time skips measure just mere hours. The one place there seems to have been a larger time skip is between chapters 6 and 7, but before that jump, I don't think they've spent more than 3 or 4 days together.

last edited at Jul 29, 2021 4:49AM

joined Jul 6, 2020

Oop, time to pawn off the kid I guess. I’m assuming this mystery lady is her former travel partner and potentially a former ex

joined Jun 5, 2018

Huh, so the author actually visits the places in this book himself, rather than just going off their mind or googling scenery. Thats really cool.

Btw, whats up with a 16-18 year old girl being worried about her age? (Like when she mentioned how that other girl was still in middle school or something, who cares even XD)

And I still dont understand why this is tagged philosophical and drama, is the 3rd volume gonna do that justice or have I been blind all along? I feel like this is just a nice travelogue of two people doing stuff.

And Lastly, arent the thinking boxes at the first page of the chapter 9 with: "So this is Azami's friend..." the thoughts of that new woman? If she really did know Azami's real name, why think of her as Azami? Is the lie here, that Azami is in fact her real name?

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

Btw, whats up with a 16-18 year old girl being worried about her age? (Like when she mentioned how that other girl was still in middle school or something, who cares even XD)

I think it is the size. She is smaller than a younger girl

joined Jun 5, 2018

I think it is the size. She is smaller than a younger girl

Ah, yes, of course. Although the artstyle kinda makes everyone look natural, so I didnt even realize the difference. (In manga its normally pretty extreme with bust sizes.) Stil, are people really that worried about bust size...

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

It feels like there's a lot of stuff going on under the surface where we can't see.

joined Jun 5, 2018

ch. 10 page 29: a long way(s) to go. An 's' is too much. Or you could say long ways to go with an 'a'.

Either way, I guess for someone as simple minded as me, the author really has to spell everything out for me, huh? So something something about a perhaps dead travel partner. Or maybe dead not in the biological sense? But rather as dead as all the other things theyve visited, basically, its served its use. Considering its been five years since the house burnt down, was her death related to that? But unless her death happend after the burn down, did Azami actually travel 5 years basically alone (maybe with one or two temporary travel companions)? Thats hardly conceivable, especially since she's still seemingly visiting new places close by.

And Mizuki is even weirder. She left her place for good. What could possibly lead to that, since otherwise she seems to be perfectly fine. At the beginning there were some flashbacks about a girl leaving her behind after graduation, but that would be one wack reason to actually run away from everything.

Well, maybe there'll be more plot next time around. This chapter was already quite a dump of new information and it broke the 'tradition' of visiting new places each chapter. Maybe its fine if we never get to know all the reasons behind their current life style. I think it takes the romanticism (as in: the literary style) away.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Okay, so I know this is almost certainly not the case, but what if Azami was trans? That would explain the few fond memories and the “I cannot tell you, not won’t but can’t” line as well.

It would be cool if she was though

joined Jun 5, 2018

Okay, so I know this is almost certainly not the case, but what if Azami was trans? That would explain the few fond memories and the “I cannot tell you, not won’t but can’t” line as well.

It would be cool if she was though

So this is me being probably illiterate, but in japanese, is it possible to deduce ones gender by name only? If anything it would be the family name, and even the first name seems to only be preferred for a gender, but is normally free for both.

last edited at Aug 8, 2021 1:44AM

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

ooh... so that's Azami-san's twin (I guess) ...
And I knew it... Mizuki was probably a famous singer who appeared on TV for serveral times before her runaway

joined Jun 5, 2018

More Plot! Maybe today is the day I die, because asumi, the tiles i cannot cut and dystopia all uploaded at once!

And now I see, where the dramas gonna come from. I think I know what happened. Her little sister died or changed drastically to be practically dead (as in, no more the same), so her parents tried to make Mizuki the same way her sister used to be. So she became another replacement. Now she faces the same problem again: Another replacement for another person she really is not.

And I guess the person above me actually had another sound theory. Well, lets see what the author has in store for us.
The little sister could be metaphorical for her past self, too. Then, what she means is, that her past self is the complete opposite of her current self, and her past self was only a replacement for something else.

Btw, the title of ch. 11 reawakenend my ptsd of Advent cirnos last chapter 'Break time'. Oof. But at least this is already completed haha

last edited at Aug 12, 2021 2:45PM

joined Jul 6, 2020

I’m not sure if she is trying to use Mizuki as a replacement though, didn’t she have a whole monologue about how she doesn’t need a replacement for her sister anymore?

To reply you must either login or sign up.