Forum › Good-Bye Dystopia discussion

joined Jun 5, 2018

I’m not sure if she is trying to use Mizuki as a replacement though, didn’t she have a whole monologue about how she doesn’t need a replacement for her sister anymore?

Well, azami technically never said that mizuki ís supposed to be a replacement. It was her sister who imposed such an idea and through the power of freindship, coincidentally mizuki overheared this, assuming the sister was right.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Looks like the boundary between them is starting to break apart. I’m very glad this conflict was solved in a way that feels very accurate to their character dynamic. No longer are they just two strangers traveling together, I think they’ve both tentatively reached out to each other because neither really wants to separate anymore.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Boy do I hate it, when people take pictures of me without my consent. Ill literally rip their phones/cameras out of their hand to delete it, if I have to. Mizuki should really be more assertive, although I guess with someone who actually does not have wifi, it doesnt matter that much.

joined Mar 26, 2021

I guess on the phone she was talking to her friend. The words she said "just wait for me" i imagine it as her friend confessed to her but she couldn't reply so she ask for time and took this trip nd now she is where she is

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ominous.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Unless chapter 14 is not the last one like someone else said or it is a lot longer than the prior ones, I guess a lot of things will be left up to interpretation. Well, I dont mind, I really enjoy the travelling around. ´adventure´ tag really is just here.

joined Jul 6, 2020

Wait the blonde is over 40 years old, possibly 50+? I couldn’t tell at all from the art style

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 3:40PM

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Wait the blonde is over 40 years old, possibly 50+? I couldn’t tell at all from the art style

I don't think so. The style of school is 40 years old, but there isn't really any indication that she was around when it was in use. She just has a general nostalgia for old things.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Mmmm...subtexty

joined Jun 5, 2018

Im not dissapointed. For me, this was a nice travelogue, with some meaning stuffed behind it, although secondary. The afterword practically said it all: 2 girls and ruins. We can still only guess what happened, but i think its pretty clear that they moved on, or maybe will confront the issue directly in the near future together.

joined Jul 6, 2020

How open ended and introspective of them to just end like that

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

How open ended and introspective of them to just end like that

Yeah. This reminds me of one of those quasi-autobiographical indie comics from the 90s. The afterword said it was about girls and ruins, so fair play to the mangaka, it definitely delivered both of those. But not much more than that.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Neat.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Well I wasn't expecting something more between them since it's just subtext, but manga itself was good imo

last edited at Sep 1, 2021 8:57AM

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Just wanted to give my thanks to Gouma-Den for working on this, never thought I would get to read it completely, you guys are awesome <3

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Hmm... I guess that's a form of ending. Didn't resolve their issues, but perhaps they didn't need to. They'll just keep going, and see where their paths lead them.

To reply you must either login or sign up.