Forum › To Meet You Again discussion

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

well thats fucked

last edited at Jul 14, 2021 7:20AM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Thanks, I hate it!

She's just going to keep hurting her, until one of them is dead.

joined Aug 29, 2019

I support this reaction

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

this is sadly realistic. met people with the same situation and even i experienced it myself.

joined May 11, 2015

wtf huuu

joined Aug 8, 2020

This hits hard. I’m a survivor of this kind of relationship.

This is so realistic that I was certain the domestic violence hotline number would be posted at the end. It’s crazy to think that people are like this in real life.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

consummate bruh

Future Hokagae
Images%20(31)
joined Sep 25, 2020

Ouch :[

joined Jul 10, 2021

Can you really blame her, though? Kanon is hot as hell.

Kawaii_yuri_lover
Img_20210622_185500
joined Jul 13, 2017

WTF!?!?

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Geeeet out of there , what? Noooo, such no.

joined Apr 27, 2014

Hotness < mental stability for me, but yeah some people have different priorities ;P

joined Sep 22, 2015

The author did a great job as shown in this thread; everyone got such heated reactions. I personally wished this was longer. Did they make it through? Did she really change for the better? Or was this a terrible end? Ugh.

I hope someone could pick up some of this mangaka’s works. Too good to pass up! And the credits! I hope you guys are okay!

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

NO LEAVE THAT BITCH

Non%20face%20prunus%20girl%20ch%2010%20pg%206
joined Jul 3, 2018

This was really good. I hate it. I'm going to share it with all my friends.

Fb_img_1599741472071
joined Aug 15, 2020
DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

That's how they lure you in

joined Jun 25, 2021

ehh?

joined Mar 15, 2015

While there's no real way to make the concept of going back to an abusive girlfriend work, it might have been a little more palatable if the story had taken the time to show that Serina did, in fact, miss Kanon (apart from the crying after running away, which could be interpreted any number of ways), such as by showing her talking with "Aoi" about Kanon and actually talking about happier times. As it stands now, Kanon's just the woman who threw the remote control at her girlfriend for no reason, and nothing in the story helps with that extremely negative first impression.

KatzeDerNacht
joined Apr 27, 2014

The author did a great job as shown in this thread; everyone got such heated reactions. I personally wished this was longer. Did they make it through? Did she really change for the better? Or was this a terrible end? Ugh.

I hope someone could pick up some of this mangaka’s works. Too good to pass up! And the credits! I hope you guys are okay!

You do have an excellent point here!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

While there's no real way to make the concept of going back to an abusive girlfriend work, it might have been a little more palatable if the story had taken the time to show that Serina did, in fact, miss Kanon (apart from the crying after running away, which could be interpreted any number of ways), such as by showing her talking with "Aoi" about Kanon and actually talking about happier times. As it stands now, Kanon's just the woman who threw the remote control at her girlfriend for no reason, and nothing in the story helps with that extremely negative first impression.

It works the way it works. I don’t think of this as a great story, but it is a rather different story, and the difference is that we’re habituated to stories with this particular setup being either “growth” stories, where the protagonist has learned to stand up for themselves and move beyond the loved but abusive partner, or “redemption” stories, where the partner shows that they’ve sincerely changed and will be different in the future.

This offers us neither option, and it’s a bit of a gut-punch at the end to realize that the protagonist is going back into a relationship where nothing fundamental has changed, and, furthermore, that this is probably the real-life outcome of many if not most such real-life stories.

That being said, as a general rule I don’t think of “that’s how it is in real life” as being a compelling excuse for stories that are uninteresting or that fail to adequately resolve their narrative conflicts. In this case, though, the relative rarity of stories with this kind of outcome at least sets it apart a bit. I personally don’t need lots more like it, however.

last edited at Jul 14, 2021 2:29PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Look at the way Kanon changed herself to get back with Serena and then look at the actual problems Serena had. The two don't line up at all. Instead, she changed herself to look like the idol Serena initial commented on, because she focused on Serene paying attention to that idol instead of her. Similarly, at the end she's talking about how Serena is the only one in her life, while focusing on the attention she gets paid, but Serena was just lamenting her inability to hang out with friends or go to events because Kanon wanted her to solely focus on her.

Put another way, Kanon made drastic changes to herself to regain Serena's attention, but made no effort to improve the parts problems that Serena actually cared about, despite spending plenty of time discussing the grief she caused.

I like to believe people can change and improve, but this is an example of someone very energetically remaining the same.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I know I might catch crap for saying this, but I like stories like this. That relationship is horrible, and Serina should run for the hills. However the story shows a dark side of lesbian relationships that yuri ALMOST never shows. It's a refreshing reminded that the world of yuri isn't all tender kisses, and blushing school girls,

joined Oct 27, 2018

I don't think this story was supposed to be palatable. We are supposed to have a negative impression of Kanon, she's a terrible person, an abuser who won't stop until Serina escapes or one of them dies.

To reply you must either login or sign up.