Forum › Ienai Himitsu No Aishikata discussion

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Interesting... and great art too, more

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Excellent start. I doubt anything she may imagine happened yet, though, seeing how they're still in their underwear.

You yuri pigs! :D

[EDIT]: Given manga's long history of sex fakeouts, there will probably be a weird, but totaly innocent explanation. Like Nao is super weak to alcohol, and she ended up accidently eating some rum candy, and got totaly smashed. Haraka had to help her home. Then Nao either threw up, or spilled something on both their clothes, Haraka naturally had to strip them both, to wash the clothes. Then with no clothes to wear Haraka obviously had to stay the night.

I expect Nao drinking too much to be true, yes, based on her headache, but as for the rest, seeing how Haruka had already packed her bags earlier to leave home, she likely needed a place to stay in any case and either used the chance or was offered the help by Nao. Probably did have to help Nao home, yes, but I expect she simply helped her to bed, no need to have thrown up or spilled anything. Well, predictions are just that, we'll see what's true the next time...

I was more setting a rediculious scenario, to poke a little fun at manga tropes than making a prediction. Lol

last edited at May 19, 2021 11:59AM

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Are they relationship, legal?
Recently i been having complex about this.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Excellent start. I doubt anything she may imagine happened yet, though, seeing how they're still in their underwear.

[EDIT]: Given manga's long history of sex fakeouts, there will probably be a weird, but totaly innocent explanation. Like Nao is super weak to alcohol, and she ended up accidently eating some rum candy, and got totaly smashed. Haraka had to help her home. Then Nao either threw up, or spilled something on both their clothes, Haraka naturally had to strip them both, to wash the clothes. Then with no clothes to wear Haraka obviously had to stay the night.

I expect Nao drinking too much to be true, yes, based on her headache, but as for the rest, seeing how Haruka had already packed her bags earlier to leave home, she likely needed a place to stay in any case and either used the chance or was offered the help by Nao. Probably did have to help Nao home, yes, but I expect she simply helped her to bed, no need to have thrown up or spilled anything. Well, predictions are just that, we'll see what's true the next time...

I was more setting a rediculious scenario, to poke a little fun at manga tropes than making a prediction. Lol

Ah to me it also sounded more like a predication than poking fun. In part because while I previously mentioned a theoretical scenario where they had sex, I think it's REALLY obvious they didn't actually have sex.

It's pretty standard writing. Take horror movies, the same type of thing very commonly applies. If you think the killer is dead after falling off a roof, but you don't see a body anywhere, they're not dead. In the same manner here where you get a "cliffhanger" in which two people in their underwear are in a bed together, but no sex was shown, they very likely didn't have sex. Maybe my logic sounds like a bit of a stretch to some, but to me it makes sense haha

last edited at May 19, 2021 1:47PM

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

I'm always down for more cute student/teacher yuri! Though to clarify, she's the child of the dad's mistress, yeah? Which is why the mother and elder daughter are so cold towards her. Younger sister seems nice though

And I think, just a theory, that I too might be... a Yurijoshi. So I'm gonna be following this partly because I simply relate to the teacher lol

joined Aug 29, 2019

Also curious how much of a double meaning was intended to Haruka's "Help me!", because I'm not entirely sure she was just referring to helping her sell Manga...

It all seems rather predictable, but that's fine, I'm game anyway. [edit: Maybe "well foreshadowed" rather than "predictable"?]

last edited at May 19, 2021 4:40PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Also curious how much of a double meaning was intended to Haruka's "Help me!", because I'm not entirely sure she was just referring to helping her sell Manga...

It all seems rather predictable, but that's fine, I'm game anyway. [edit: Maybe "well foreshadowed" rather than "predictable"?]

I hope it doesn't go too deep into the double meaning of "Help me!" I dont want it to turn out that Haraka's home life has turned her into an emotional mess that Nao has to fix by being a surrogate mother figure, while fighting off Haraka's misguided sexual advances. Like that one series, The Rain and the Other Side of You. The story doesn't have aDrama tag and I want it to stay that way. I'm looking forward to a lighthearted yuri comedy about a student and a teacher having a romantic relationship on the DL.

[EDIT]: Oh no it's totally going be about Nao becoming a suuogate mother figure for Haraka while fighting off Haraka's misguided sexual advances isn't it.

last edited at May 19, 2021 5:39PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

[EDIT]: Oh no it's totally going be about Nao becoming a suuogate mother figure for Haraka while fighting off Haraka's misguided sexual advances isn't it.

I don't think we need to go quite so far, but I have a strong feeling that there will be some drama to resolve with the family (art and plot strongly hint at it) and I don't see Nao successfully fending off Haruka's advances.

I mean, if you're gonna play the drama buildup card this hard in the first chapter, you gotta follow through with it and make it a relevent point of plot and character development at least. I haven't read the original release but my guess would be: Haruka convinces/blackmails Nao into letting her stay as a runaway from home, comedy ensues as their living habits clash and they struggle to maintain their elder-junior-relationship while slowly (?) falling in love with one another. Ultimately they'll be a good influence on each other and whether they end up together or go their separate ways after growing as persons is entirely up to the author.

[Edit: doesn't have to be a really big plot point, though. A bit of initial drama about her running away, her "family" finding out and settling for her living with a "responsible person" (teacher) instead would do for a while. One less mouth to feed, and the personal conflicts of that dynamic can flare up occasionally.]

last edited at May 19, 2021 5:50PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

I don't think we need to go quite so far, but I have a strong feeling that there will be some drama to resolve with the family (art and plot strongly hint at it) and I don't see Nao successfully fending off Haruka's advances.

I mean, if you're gonna play the drama buildup card this hard in the first chapter, you gotta follow through with it and make it a relevent point of plot and character development at least. I haven't read the original release but my guess would be: Haruka convinces/blackmails Nao into letting her stay as a runaway from home, comedy ensues as their living habits clash and they struggle to maintain their elder-junior-relationship while slowly (?) falling in love with one another. Ultimately they'll be a good influence on each other and whether they end up together or go their separate ways after growing as persons is entirely up to the author.

[Edit: doesn't have to be a really big plot point, though. A bit of initial drama about her running away, her "family" finding out and settling for her living with a "responsible person" (teacher) instead would do for a while. One less mouth to feed, and the personal conflicts of that dynamic can flare up occasionally.]

Honestly I'll be happy if the story keeps the drama down and doesn't rely on Nao trying to avoid the temptation of Haraka's advances for comedy. I'm pretty tired of the sexually naive adult flustered by the precocious teen trope.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Honestly I'll be happy if the story keeps the drama down and doesn't rely on Nao trying to avoid the temptation of Haraka's advances for comedy. I'm pretty tired of the sexually naive adult flustered by the precocious teen trope.

I don't mind drama (Warikan and YagaKimi are kinda my favourite Manga ever, after all), but I'm 100% down with avoiding the "sexually naive adult flustered by the precocious teen trope", although I expect at least some of it, at least initially, and Haruka being more horny than Nao can sometimes handle would also be a fine starter for comedy in my book, as long as Haruka's horny wins more often than not.

last edited at May 19, 2021 6:48PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Instant meme.

Sensei's inner discourse is especially amusing. The panel you posted comes with the comment: "I'm sure she must be a wonderful person... LIKE THIS!!!"

Haha, if that's her definition of wonderful, sensei must have another secret: she's a bit M on the side.

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

I definitely read this before in mangadex

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

HolyShiz posted:

I definitely read this before in mangadex

And if you had read the first comment by the scanlator, you'd know it's normal.

I checked the "original" release and compared to it, here they translated all the sfx and small text. Def better.

As for the story itself, if the first 6 chapters are anything to go by, there's no hint of romance yet. It just started and in 1 volume, nothing much happened. I hope the author has some more things planned, notably with the younger sister.

last edited at May 20, 2021 2:39AM

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

nice i want more

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

There were at least a dozen other ways to arrange a "student lives with teacher" setting without the student first knowingly getting the teacher drunk and, when that didn't work out, just forcefully taking a picture to potentially implicate her in a way that could cause her massive problems.

I like age gap stuff, but this just feels shitty and convoluted. The end does not justify the means, etc etc.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This girls sure can be manipulative when she wants to. Yet as it looks like, also too proud to admit her problems at home, preferring to take other measures to ensure the teacher plays along.

Poor Sensei really got taken advantage of here, although apart from the situation being legally questionable, it's not that bad a deal for her. :D

joined Sep 27, 2017

There were at least a dozen other ways to arrange a "student lives with teacher" setting without the student first knowingly getting the teacher drunk and, when that didn't work out, just forcefully taking a picture to potentially implicate her in a way that could cause her massive problems.

I like age gap stuff, but this just feels shitty and convoluted. The end does not justify the means, etc etc.

Yeah I was really hoping that her actions wouldn't be so shitty, and that the end of the first chapter would just be a misunderstanding. This comment section is going to get...interesting to say the least heh

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah I was really hoping that her actions wouldn't be so shitty, and that the end of the first chapter would just be a misunderstanding. This comment section is going to get...interesting to say the least heh

One the other hand, though, we've seen enough of the fluffy versions, so it would be interesting to see a story starting out like this as well.

I do hope they manage to talk things properly through once things have calmed down, though. Haruka clearly was pretty desperate to find a place to live, so while the methods she used were rather underhanded, they should get along better once she actually explains her side properly.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Now that I think, one thing I don't quite understand is how do anime characters not taste the difference between their smooth tea and bitter, hard taste of alcohol, that shit is NOT subtle even in mixed drinks, especially for people who never drink. Even if you're a lightweight, after the 1st sip you'd be like bruh. Not drink more until you pass out lol

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 1:34PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now that I think, one thing I don't quite understand is how do anime characters not taste the difference between their smooth tea and bitter, hard taste of alcohol, that shit is NOT subtle even in mixed drinks, especially for people who never drink. Even if you're a lightweight, after the 1st sip you'd be like bruh. Not drink more until you pass out lol

I guess it may depend on the person. I used to have no real problem with the taste of alcohol myself until the one time I truly got drunk, after which it's been exactly as you described, I can feel the bitterness so strongly I hardly ever drink anymore. A lot of people I've talked to can't even understand what I mean by that bitter taste, though, thinking I just exaggerate.

Okay quick question how many chapters are out because it feels like this Series has been out for a while now?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Shawn posted:

Okay quick question how many chapters are out because it feels like this Series has been out for a while now?

7 chapters are out. They are on MD.

This here, is the tankoubon version, by the same scanlator.

joined Sep 27, 2017

One the other hand, though, we've seen enough of the fluffy versions, so it would be interesting to see a story starting out like this as well.

I do hope they manage to talk things properly through once things have calmed down, though. Haruka clearly was pretty desperate to find a place to live, so while the methods she used were rather underhanded, they should get along better once she actually explains her side properly.

Yeah that's entirely fair. As you said I hope there's proper communication as things progress, and their relationship isn't built purely off blackmail.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Reading chapter 1 again, while Haruka may not be the good girl she plays at school, she doesn't really seem to be as bad as she presents herself here either. Judging by the scene with her mother's photo (as well as the rare moments we see her alone in either chapter), she really is just lost and desperate to escape the abusive environment created by her stepmother and older half-sister.

To reply you must either login or sign up.