Forum › Touhou Drunken Butterfly Flower ~ Lotus Eaters' Sobering discussion

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Well that last page was not at all terrifying.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It was not one moment later that Suika realized she fucked up

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Aya was really unprofessional as a journalist: she already had biases against the Myouren Temple before writing her newspaper and really scary as a youkai. Well, that's Aya being Aya.

Isn't the Bunbunmaru basically a rag?

That said, Aya's reporter getup is a special kind of cool. I want more manga with girls in suits and cabbie caps.

Koishi_perf2_low
joined Jul 1, 2020

Now that was a badass looking Suika at the end. I'm really curious to know if the manga is getting to some type of climax, or if it's all gonna be resolved as some kind o f misunderstand with some divine spirit or something like that.

Reimu also isn't in her brightest days in this manga, but I guess by next chapter, she's finally gonna discover about the late-hours youkai bar. I'm curious to the how will she react to that, can't wait for it!

joined Jun 6, 2021

With every new Touhou work, Reimu becomes a bit more stupid.

In the case of this work, it's even true that Reimu is made more stupid as the work progresses.

I find it really annoying.

Koishi_perf2_low
joined Jul 1, 2020

...So it seems Yukari is messing around again lol .

In the case of this work, it's even true that Reimu is made more stupid as the work progresses.

I agree. As much as I love the slice of life take of most of the (recent) Touhou mangas, it seems Reimu is made more clueless as time passes, so she can't use all the knowledge she get from her previous adventures to solve incidents with less trouble.

This makes me kind of miss the Reimu who was practicing in Silent Sinner in Blue, and who was described as someone with pretty good intuition.

joined Feb 4, 2015

...So it seems Yukari is messing around again lol .

I agree. As much as I love the slice of life take of most of the (recent) Touhou mangas, it seems Reimu is made more clueless as time passes, so she can't use all the knowledge she get from her previous adventures to solve incidents with less trouble.

This makes me kind of miss the Reimu who was practicing in Silent Sinner in Blue, and who was described as someone with pretty good intuition.

I guess that is kind of how you balance conflict with a protagonist who can instantly solve the problem if she knew exactly what to do. It isn't a good solution but it is the solution manga writers are left with. Then again I always feel Reimu is secondary in these mangas.

And to be fair this time she is dealing with something that gives alcohol drinkers like her brain damage.

last edited at Jun 27, 2021 9:23PM

joined Feb 4, 2015

Aya was really unprofessional as a journalist: she already had biases against the Myouren Temple before writing her newspaper and really scary as a youkai. Well, that's Aya being Aya.

Isn't the Bunbunmaru basically a rag?

That said, Aya's reporter getup is a special kind of cool. I want more manga with girls in suits and cabbie caps.

Makes you wonder if Aya knows any knowledge of outside world fashion. Or is it just a coincidence.

last edited at Jun 27, 2021 9:24PM

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

You know since Suika is one of the key characters in the manga, I wonder if we might stumble across the 4th and final oni that lead Youkai Mountain before they went away.

Also as usual, Yukari does a little trolling

47571239_1082868645220236_4572154478010040320_n
joined Oct 19, 2018

The forbidden template, Yukari messing up again

joined Jun 29, 2021

A lot of people like to complain about Reimu's cluelessness. It seems bad at first but, isn't it also a good thing for her that she is free from the anxieties and the weight of maintaining her role as shrine maiden? Assuming that Gensokyo and it's denizens are out of harm's way? Even as of now(chapter 19). She didn't need to do a thing, and everything just resolved itself. Why care about her troubles of thinking sharp as long as she has something of benefit to receive from it?

last edited at Jul 8, 2021 8:45AM

joined Jun 5, 2018

A lot of people like to complain about Reimu's cluelessness. It seems bad at first but, isn't it also a good thing for her that she is free from the anxieties and the weight of maintaining her role as shrine maiden? Assuming that Gensokyo and it's denizens are out of harm's way? Even as of now(chapter 19). She didn't need to do a thing, and everything just resolved itself. Why care about her troubles of thinking sharp as long as she has something of benefit to receive from it?

Ignorance is a soft pillow indeed. It's just weird for people knowing the old Reimu to watch her be clueless, is all.

Btw, Miyoi is the reason Mystia went bankrupt, change my mind!

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Frog?

Is it Suwako time? Did Suwako decide to check out Miyoi since they made Kanako's dreams screwed up?

Dizzy
joined Mar 12, 2021

Miyoi hop is great.

joined Jun 29, 2021

Ignorance is a soft pillow indeed. It's just weird for people knowing the old Reimu to watch her be clueless, is all.

I wanted to note something positive as a counterbalance; but yes, it is as you say. Comparing Reimu from now to then, coupled with her persistent ignorance of certain issues, places her in an notoriously akward position. Conversely however… this is all completely normal for her character to be that way; to be “weird”. Without going into details, the same complaints that were used just recently against her, can be also applied to many points in CoLA and the Bougetsushou series. Bearing that in mind, I’m not so much reminded of how different she has become appart from the past rather… how much she is still ultimately herself. I expect she will only continue be just as she were in the foreseeable future and will be fine regardless.

Speaking of this chapter. I really like that Marisa’s personal flaws of being an avid theif/collector is limelighted. Makes one wonder if any of those buried books will ever opened by her again.

last edited at Aug 1, 2021 10:39AM

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Kadokawa seems to be translating this now. Unfortunately, Clarste announced they won't be translating this anymore :(
https://clarste.tumblr.com/post/658141051945615360/book-walker-globalthe-lotus-eaters-drunk-and

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your service, Clarste! An amazing run.

joined Jul 28, 2021

Man the newest chapter was just on thursday 26, who's gonna translate it now? I wanna continue reading the story so much

joined Jul 9, 2017

Wait a moment, how's reimu being dumb?

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

I'm guessing not everyone here knows but someone named Kamyu is translating this. They've just translated chapter 23 yesterday.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks kamyu. Long time no see.

joined Jun 5, 2018

I guess I shouldnt have expected a ZUN manga to go to realistic and dramatic routes. But for those, who want to see actual implications of floods, theres a really great one called rainfall here on dynasty, people should check it out! It goes along the same premise, but is a lot more devastating.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Glad this is updating again

joined Jul 24, 2018

Wasn't suika playing the oni for setsubun in WaHH? This seems like a sudden change in opinion

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

Wasn't suika playing the oni for setsubun in WaHH? This seems like a sudden change in opinion

Yep and she was really disappointed when there were no beans thrown at her while Kasen hated beans. So Meh, I'll guess continuity is not big in Touhou anyway

To reply you must either login or sign up.