Forum › Posts by Calamity2007

joined Feb 4, 2015

Aya was really unprofessional as a journalist: she already had biases against the Myouren Temple before writing her newspaper and really scary as a youkai. Well, that's Aya being Aya.

Isn't the Bunbunmaru basically a rag?

That said, Aya's reporter getup is a special kind of cool. I want more manga with girls in suits and cabbie caps.

Makes you wonder if Aya knows any knowledge of outside world fashion. Or is it just a coincidence.

last edited at Jun 27, 2021 9:24PM

joined Feb 4, 2015

...So it seems Yukari is messing around again lol .

With every new Touhou work, Reimu becomes a bit more stupid.

In the case of this work, it's even true that Reimu is made more stupid as the work progresses.

I find it really annoying.

I agree. As much as I love the slice of life take of most of the (recent) Touhou mangas, it seems Reimu is made more clueless as time passes, so she can't use all the knowledge she get from her previous adventures to solve incidents with less trouble.

This makes me kind of miss the Reimu who was practicing in Silent Sinner in Blue, and who was described as someone with pretty good intuition.

I guess that is kind of how you balance conflict with a protagonist who can instantly solve the problem if she knew exactly what to do. It isn't a good solution but it is the solution manga writers are left with. Then again I always feel Reimu is secondary in these mangas.

And to be fair this time she is dealing with something that gives alcohol drinkers like her brain damage.

last edited at Jun 27, 2021 9:23PM