Forum › Posts by Starle-O

joined Jun 29, 2021

Ignorance is a soft pillow indeed. It's just weird for people knowing the old Reimu to watch her be clueless, is all.

I wanted to note something positive as a counterbalance; but yes, it is as you say. Comparing Reimu from now to then, coupled with her persistent ignorance of certain issues, places her in an notoriously akward position. Conversely however… this is all completely normal for her character to be that way; to be “weird”. Without going into details, the same complaints that were used just recently against her, can be also applied to many points in CoLA and the Bougetsushou series. Bearing that in mind, I’m not so much reminded of how different she has become appart from the past rather… how much she is still ultimately herself. I expect she will only continue be just as she were in the foreseeable future and will be fine regardless.

Speaking of this chapter. I really like that Marisa’s personal flaws of being an avid theif/collector is limelighted. Makes one wonder if any of those buried books will ever opened by her again.

last edited at Aug 1, 2021 10:39AM

joined Jun 29, 2021

A lot of people like to complain about Reimu's cluelessness. It seems bad at first but, isn't it also a good thing for her that she is free from the anxieties and the weight of maintaining her role as shrine maiden? Assuming that Gensokyo and it's denizens are out of harm's way? Even as of now(chapter 19). She didn't need to do a thing, and everything just resolved itself. Why care about her troubles of thinking sharp as long as she has something of benefit to receive from it?

last edited at Jul 8, 2021 8:45AM