Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Can anyone tell me what's up with Utena on the first page?

Is she recovering from being accidentally torched, or depressed because of Kiwi? She was certainly turned to charcoal in the previous chapter.

Just kinda spacing out, bored, not giving Korisu any attention hence why Korisu was sulking was my interpretation.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Is she recovering from being accidentally torched, or depressed because of Kiwi? She was certainly turned to charcoal in the previous chapter.

Just kinda spacing out, bored, not giving Korisu any attention hence why Korisu was sulking was my interpretation.

Pretty sure she's still ruminating the whole Kiwi issue hence rather distracted. Guessing Kiwi's equally preoccupied chasing her own tail over that business, ergo, Korisu's getting kind of neglected by her surrogate family ATM and duly unhappy and irritated, precocious enough to recognise they have some Emotionally Significant Shit going on though she may be.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

I can't believe the story is actually good and has me totally invested, artstyle also has me in love, but WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE EM 14 I FEEL GROSS FOR LIKING THIS.

joined Feb 21, 2021

Just as I was complaining about wanting more development for Magenta, we finally got a chapter focused on her yay! But man I totally didn't expect the story to pair her up with Alice. Kinda bummed and it's honestly kinda weird with the ages, but I'm interested to see where it goes. I do hope it stays non-sexual between them though because Alice is barely out of diapers herself my god.

Somehow the beach chapter really pointed out who is being paired with who like it was showed that haruka and korisu is being hinted on.. at first i thought they just had randomly put together for interaction at the beach for the sake of having a partner because each girls had one... not saying it would be sexual just maybe it will be the paired for the last battle or whatever it is that is happening...

joined Jul 26, 2016

I can't believe the story is actually good and has me totally invested, artstyle also has me in love, but WHY DID THEY HAVE TO MAKE EM 14 I FEEL GROSS FOR LIKING THIS.

P sure middle school is more or less the genre default protagonist age. I fully expect the author cackles a fair bit while running with it.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Author just had to go for 14, could have been 17 and everything would still make sense and not feel as sus, but NOOOOOO, 14!!

14 is the default age for magical girls. It's never really made sense, but it's tradition at this point

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

I just ignore the 14 stuff. It's impossible to imagine girls who are 14 having 20 year-old bodies, so the absurdity just carries everything with it.

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

Some wholesome onee-loli pair we have, eh

joined Dec 26, 2017

Pretty sure she's still ruminating the whole Kiwi issue hence rather distracted. Guessing Kiwi's equally preoccupied chasing her own tail over that business, ergo, Korisu's getting kind of neglected by her surrogate family ATM and duly unhappy and irritated, precocious enough to recognise they have some Emotionally Significant Shit going on though she may be.

Korisu's glance over at the robot toy while Utena is zoned out is a strong hint. That is the model kit that Kiwi made a while back, and usually uses when she plays dolls with Korisu.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Question which publisher releasing this series in English? I missed the red license announcement on the front page.

last edited at Jun 21, 2021 2:31AM

joined Mar 13, 2020

As some other people have already said/alluded to, age and physical/mental development is often wildly disparate in anime and manga, I barely think of it lol. And in this series there interacting with others the same age.

Happy to see all characters get spotlight!

Akari
joined Jun 12, 2021

Question which publisher releasing this series in English? I missed the red license announcement on the front page.

Coolmic, I assume it will only have digital release.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Just as I was complaining about wanting more development for Magenta, we finally got a chapter focused on her yay! But man I totally didn't expect the story to pair her up with Alice. Kinda bummed and it's honestly kinda weird with the ages, but I'm interested to see where it goes. I do hope it stays non-sexual between them though because Alice is barely out of diapers herself my god.

Somehow the beach chapter really pointed out who is being paired with who like it was showed that haruka and korisu is being hinted on.. at first i thought they just had randomly put together for interaction at the beach for the sake of having a partner because each girls had one... not saying it would be sexual just maybe it will be the paired for the last battle or whatever it is that is happening...

Yeah when the beach chapter first came out I was like oh magenta is playing with alice and had an inkling that they were already "pairing" people up, but i didn't expect it to actually be their endgame lol. Like you i just thought they were just tossed together as the left over characters (which they kinda are right now :/

But it is kinda cool that the basis for their friendship remains the same as the beach ch: Magenta being the one to reach out to Alice when no one else wants to play with her.

As some other people have already said/alluded to, age and physical/mental development is often wildly disparate in anime and manga, I barely think of it lol. And in this series there interacting with others the same age.

Everyone except Alice!!!!

....Which is why I hope Magenta and Alice's relationship stays in the wholesome, non-sexual thing they got going on right now. I really, really hope that this doesn't open up any kinks for Magenta that she'll look to Alice to fulfill ×_×

joined Oct 14, 2012

We had bondage and now I guess ABDL, well ABL so far. What's next?

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

Some wholesome onee-loli pair we have, eh

Itou Hachi would be so proud.

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

Utena walking around in oversized clothes is my favorite thing. She’s so adorable that we sorta forget she’s this BDSM-crazed Evil Magical Girl-Lord & Leader of a band full of (perverted) villains.

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

Seriously, I don't think it's a romantic pairing. I think it's more like someone who can't give enough love forming a bond with someone who can't get enough love.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Utena walking around in oversized clothes is my favorite thing. She’s so adorable that we sorta forget she’s this BDSM-crazed Evil Magical Girl-Lord & Leader of a band full of (perverted) villains.

I mean the contrast and internal tension between Utena the Insecure Nerdy Teenager and Magia Baiser, Her Id Let Loose, is kind of one of the major plot threads of the narrative as far as I can see...

Ltjidvbbiqp71
joined Jul 22, 2018

I mean the contrast and internal tension between Utena the Insecure Nerdy Teenager and Magia Baiser, Her Id Let Loose, is kind of one of the major plot threads of the narrative as far as I can see...

Definitely, the determining one.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

You know what? This is fine too.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The fact that this series was exclusively licensed to Coolmic, out of all platforms, is baffling. It's not optimized for smartphone reading at all. Not to mention the general low quality of Coolmic's service.

last edited at Jun 25, 2021 6:07PM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

oh what the fuck, LMFAO

infantilism to the max yo

this series better not get canned it's so damn funny!! x'D

last edited at Jun 23, 2021 6:57AM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

We had bondage and now I guess ABDL, well ABL so far. What's next?

food fetish, inflation, financial domination, idk if petplay counts for Kiwi-chan since she's a demonic cat but I could get used to some good'ol fashion subby doggo girl. if Sulphur-chan is somehow spiritually connected with some sort of wolf, fox or canine persona that'd be epic.

last edited at Jun 23, 2021 7:29AM

joined Mar 16, 2019

what do yall think Utena mbti is

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

what do yall think Utena mbti is

Hard to tell since we mostly see Magia Bazier, who has a completely different personality from her civilian self. Bazier, in my book, is either an ESTP or an ESFP, because she is obviously driven by extroverted sensing and ambivalent about the whole thinking/feeling thing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.