OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Username has been changed.

Fixes have been applied.

Bots have been deleted.

RadiosAreObsolete posted:

What should I expect from blacklisting?
I've blacklisted Touhou Project but I don't think there's any difference; it still appears just as before, even in the Random Chapter section.

Sorry for the delay in response; the blacklist feature will block new chapters on the front page and Recently Added page. Unfortunately it offers no further functionality, but this will hopefully keep your feed cleaner.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

RadiosAreObsolete posted:

What should I expect from blacklisting?
I've blacklisted Touhou Project but I don't think there's any difference; it still appears just as before, even in the Random Chapter section.

Sorry for the delay in response; the blacklist feature will block new chapters on the front page and Recently Added page. Unfortunately it offers no further functionality, but this will hopefully keep your feed cleaner.

Ahh, I see. Yes, I do believe I haven't seen any on my Recently Added lately, so it seems to be working just fine. Thank you for the response!

joined May 9, 2021

The site has been unusable for me in the past few days, the image load extremely slow and most of the time stuck with “loading” tooltip

i could also barely access the forum due to slow load time too, what happened? this doesn’t happen last week

joined Feb 19, 2021

I sent an upload request a few days ago to update an existing manga on the site (better scan and translation). I guess it will become approved as I see no reason why it would not be but is there any ETA? A month? Two months?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

LumineBot posted:

The site has been unusable for me in the past few days, the image load extremely slow and most of the time stuck with “loading” tooltip

i could also barely access the forum due to slow load time too, what happened? this doesn’t happen last week

Thanks for the report. I don't have any insight to offer, but with MangaDex returning very soon, I expect accessibility and speed issues to improve very soon, and significantly.

culaa posted:

I sent an upload request a few days ago to update an existing manga on the site (better scan and translation). I guess it will become approved as I see no reason why it would not be but is there any ETA? A month? Two months?

Re-uploads may take a week or so, depending on the content involved. Thank you for your patience.

joined May 9, 2021

OrangePekoe posted:

Thanks for the report. I don't have any insight to offer, but with MangaDex returning very soon, I expect accessibility and speed issues to improve very soon, and significantly

Thanks for reply, but your answer a bit ambiguous tho, is the site experiencing high traffic? is it expected to have high load time since the past few days?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

LumineBot posted:

Thanks for reply, but your answer a bit ambiguous tho, is the site experiencing high traffic? is it expected to have high load time since the past few days?

The site has been experiencing significantly high traffic since MangaDex's outage became semi-permanent in late March. Daily and monthly visits/visitors have risen over 20%, with peak days (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) seeing increases of up to 40%. This has placed us near maximum capacity with some frequency (typically resulting in a time out / "something went wrong" page). In the meanwhile, some measures have been taken to address speed and reliability issues, but the near-term effect of those changes has been negative for at least some portion of users. My understanding is that the experience will continue improving for everyone as more time passes.

To give a more pointed answer, I made some changes on Friday that may have caused a significant number of time outs for a period of several hours. Otherwise, weekends often see high load and small back-end changes can compound the effects of that load under some circumstances. The problem should ease through the week. If it continues for you, please let us know.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Could we maybe add the names of cover artists at issue's pages when those are known?

joined May 9, 2021

OrangePekoe posted:

The site has been experiencing significantly high traffic since MangaDex's outage became semi-permanent in late March. Daily and monthly visits/visitors have risen over 20%, with peak days (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) seeing increases of up to 40%. This has placed us near maximum capacity with some frequency (typically resulting in a time out / "something went wrong" page). In the meanwhile, some measures have been taken to address speed and reliability issues, but the near-term effect of those changes has been negative for at least some portion of users. My understanding is that the experience will continue improving for everyone as more time passes.

To give a more pointed answer, I made some changes on Friday that may have caused a significant number of time outs for a period of several hours. Otherwise, weekends often see high load and small back-end changes can compound the effects of that load under some circumstances. The problem should ease through the week. If it continues for you, please let us know.

Thanks for detailed answer, I’ll let you know if the problem persist

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 4:29AM

Dscans%20avatar
joined Mar 30, 2013

Thanks for the report. I don't have any insight to offer, but with MangaDex returning very soon, I expect accessibility and speed issues to improve very soon, and significantly.

I've had the same issues for a while now and I'm pretty sure it's because so many chapters get uploaded at ridiculously high resolutions. Might be something worth checking out.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

none posted:

Could we maybe add the names of cover artists at issue's pages when those are known?

That is a fabulous idea. I'll look into it!

none posted:

I've had the same issues for a while now and I'm pretty sure it's because so many chapters get uploaded at ridiculously high resolutions. Might be something worth checking out.

Thanks to you as well.
We're aware and it's been discussed. I'd filter chapter-specific issues into two areas, the first being upscaled images that you describe. The second being incorrectly saved images, typically PNG-24 where PNG-8 is appropriate or 100 JPG quality where PNG-24 is more appropriate.

The first is easy to correct but goes against a primary motivation behind the site (delivering whatever the scanlator intends to deliver), while also being a rather large waste of resources, given the userbase is around 70% mobile and won't benefit from 4K or similar. The second is harder to correct but would save a significant deal of resources with no drawbacks.

I'm hopeful that we'll have a solution to one or both of these issues in the near-future, but in the meantime I'll do my best to correct the second wherever I see it.

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 1:14PM

joined May 9, 2021

Oh and I’ve been curious for a while, sorry if this out of place but what is the manga of your profile picture OrangePekoe?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

LumineBot posted:

Oh and I’ve been curious for a while, sorry if this out of place but what is the manga of your profile picture OrangePekoe?

Sure. She's Kaede Hirose from Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru, chapter 22, specifically.

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

I don’t know how easy or difficult this would be to implement, but could we have a ‘go to page’ for forum discussions? It’s always bugged me, especially as a primarily mobile Dynasty user, to have to go back only 4 pages at a time when reading a forum on a larger series.

For starters, tapping on the triple dots could bring up a box where we type in a page number and it would take us to that page in the discussion. This would make navigating through the much larger discussions (What’s that manga called? Bloom Into You, Citrus, Kase-san, 1 x 1/2, etc) a bit more convenient. Especially the ‘What’s that manga called?’

I’d very much appreciate it if this quality of life sort of thing could be implemented but completely understand if it’s too much trouble for what little it’s worth.

joined Feb 1, 2021

I don’t know how easy or difficult this would be to implement, but could we have a ‘go to page’ for forum discussions? It’s always bugged me, especially as a primarily mobile Dynasty user, to have to go back only 4 pages at a time when reading a forum on a larger series.

For starters, tapping on the triple dots could bring up a box where we type in a page number and it would take us to that page in the discussion. This would make navigating through the much larger discussions (What’s that manga called? Bloom Into You, Citrus, Kase-san, 1 x 1/2, etc) a bit more convenient. Especially the ‘What’s that manga called?’

I’d very much appreciate it if this quality of life sort of thing could be implemented but completely understand if it’s too much trouble for what little it’s worth.

Can agree that this would be useful

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Is search busted? Been giving me troubles all day

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Tag suggestions for chapters don't seem to be working.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks for the reports! We're aware that all tag related functions, including search and tag suggestions, are currently unavailable. They should be back soon.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Hayate X Blade ch107, errors in pg 159 and 165 were fixed

https://yuri-project.net/hayate-x-blade-ch107/

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

Shining Brilliance

errors fixed https://exhentai.org/g/1941299/5483821e12/

joined May 31, 2013

You are totally in love with me, aren't you? Volume 2 Extra
Error on page 4 fixed: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9f1n1pfgrn2ixm6/cExtra2.zip/file

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Can we have a way to search for completed works only?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

You have, in the advanced options on the search bar you type "completed" under "with tags", it then offers you "Status: Completed" as a search parameter.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

You have, in the advanced options on the search bar you type "completed" under "with tags", it then offers you "Status: Completed" as a search parameter.

Thank you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.