Forum › That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch discussion

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Yeah, nice chapter. I see the going on the attack strategy worked out for Luxi, but now we get some more drama and backstory with that Bai Yen whoever, who for sure is a previos failed love attempt for Luxi...

Anyway, this series is by far the best yuri I'm reading right now, and it's not even a manga! It shows how overdramatic japanese are, even more the yuri authors.

We're literally on the cusp of some drama right now, and the very same type of drama that's common in Japanese Yuri series. I don't mind some overdramatic series personally, and there are other Chinese Yuri series that are very overdramatic. Beloved L was one that was very dramatic for example. I love this series a lot, but two my favorite Yuri series in recent times even more than this are "The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This", and "Tsuki to Suppin ", they're both series that I wouldn't call overdramatic, at least no more than dramatic than this.

It's weird to see some people in this comment section putting down Japanese authors with very generalizing statements, and at the same time putting a Chinese author like this on a seemingly untouchable pedestal. I don't see the need to compare the two, both Chinese and Japanese authors write some amazing series. To get into a racial divide between the two feels really bad to me. It makes me sad honestly, because we can love this series without putting anyone else down. Even some of the series that maybe aren't as good as this are being made by authors that are genuinely trying their best.

I agree. Personally, I love yuri mangas more than yuri manhwa/manhuas but I still love them all. I respect y'all decisions since we have different tastes.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I agree. Personally, I love yuri mangas more than yuri manhwa/manhuas but I still love them all. I respect y'all decisions since we have different tastes.

Exactly, thank you. Everyone has their preferences, but at the end of the day we should all come together under one big umbrella as a family, regardless of if we prefer Western, Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, Yuri series more.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Lin Luxi taking full advantage of being a closeted gay girl with a "bestie" I see.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Exactly, thank you. Everyone has their preferences, but at the end of the day we should all come together under one big umbrella as a family, regardless of if we prefer Western, Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, Yuri series more.

I think we should also acknowledge that there are just overall way more manga than manhua/manwha. So there're naturally going to be more examples of great/terrible mangas for people to remember and shape their perception.

Personally, I've found a lot of manhua I really like (tamen de gushi, she is still cute today, etc), even though Chinese yuri is somewhat held back by a bigoted social and political environment. Since making money of gay stuff is kinda risky in mainland China, the industry can't really grow like in Japan.

For manwha I have so far not read a single one that was better than okay, but I've also only read very few, so that might be the problem. Also, as far as I'm aware, Korea is also less accepting of homosexuality than Japan, maybe this causes problems for artists? That's just speculation though

30_magikarp
joined Feb 21, 2021

Yeah, it's fun to have a variety of Yuri works to select from. I remember back in the earlier days when I was still scouring the internet for any piece of yuri that would come my way. Now we have many different options to choose from.

Although I still prefer manga, there are a lot of Manhwa I've enjoyed recently like Fluttering Feelings (rip Ssamba), Moonlight Garden, Her Shim Cheong, Opium etc.

joined Mar 30, 2021

Uhh...bc you gay Tong Tong. That's why

joined Jan 3, 2020

Personally, I've found a lot of manhua I really like (tamen de gushi, she is still cute today, etc), even though Chinese yuri is somewhat held back by a bigoted social and political environment. Since making money of gay stuff is kinda risky in mainland China, the industry can't really grow like in Japan.

I agree. Honestly, I'd say the average manhua is better than the average manga, though not by much. Because the industry can't really grow there, new manhuas often get traction by being unique instead of by being formulaic, like what happens in an established industry with serialized magazine publications.

Not that they don't have their own tropes (reincarnation isekai seems even more insanely popular there than in Japan, which I honestly didn't think was possible), but they aren't as nailed down in the Yuri genre. Though, it is probably saying something that most of the Chinese webnovels I've read have been Yuri isekai.

Anyway, Soulmates is one of my favorite Yuri stories period, and honestly this one is probably top 20, too.

Thinking about it, many of my favorite Yuri titles are from all over geographically: SMILE (Spain), Soulmates (China), The Love Doctor (Korea), Seifuku no Vampiress Lord (Japan), and Mage & Demon Queen (Philippines).

last edited at Jun 6, 2021 11:54AM

joined Sep 27, 2017

I think we should also acknowledge that there are just overall way more manga than manhua/manwha. So there're naturally going to be more examples of great/terrible mangas for people to remember and shape their perception.

For manwha I have so far not read a single one that was better than okay, but I've also only read very few, so that might be the problem. Also, as far as I'm aware, Korea is also less accepting of homosexuality than Japan, maybe this causes problems for artists? That's just speculation though

Yeah it's really unfortunate that we'll likely never see the entirety and conclusion of what Tamen De Gushi was supposed to be. I love that series and I'm often scared of something similar happening to other Chinese Yuri authors.

I agree. Honestly, I'd say the average manhua is better than the average manga, though not by much. Because the industry can't really grow there, new manhuas often get traction by being unique instead of by being formulaic, like what happens in an established industry with serialized magazine publications.

Not that they don't have their own tropes (reincarnation isekai seems even more insanely popular there than in Japan, which I honestly didn't think was possible), but they aren't as nailed down in the Yuri genre. Though, it is probably saying something that most of the Chinese webnovels I've read have been Yuri isekai.

Anyway, Soulmates is one of my favorite Yuri stories period, and honestly this one is probably top 20, too.

Thinking about it, many of my favorite Yuri titles are from all over geographically: SMILE (Spain), Soulmates (China), The Love Doctor (Korea), Seifuku no Vampiress Lord (Japan), and Mage & Demon Queen (Philippines).

Yeah there's a lot of manga and so it spreads out the quality a bit more, plus I think just like any other country and using Hollywood for example some of what becomes mainstream popular is the fun big "blockbuster" manga. They might not always be the most amazingly written parts of the medium, but they're still a lot of fun and the popularity is understandable. And yeah there's very likely a lot more Yuri authors in Japan, and with less restrictions there will of course be a larger amount of authors that are just casually doing it on the side and for fun. Including many self published authors posting their comics to the likes of Pixiv, a bunch of which we get translated and uploaded here.

However I think the best manga and manhua are both equally great, everyone has their preferences but personally I don't like comparing one as better than the other. Instead I prefer to just appreciate that we have both. Also even though Japan has more Yuri series, I think often the best and most unique series rise to the top in the Yuri fandom, largely in part because of word of mouth. From what I know "The Two Of Them Are Pretty Much Like This" is pretty popular on here due to word of mouth, and I think I heard it's doing good in Japan as well? The series is for the most part a cozy slice of life Yuri, but I also think it has it's own unique flavoring and identity that makes it stand out for me, and I genuinely love the series.

Kind of an aside, that's part of the fun of the internet as well. Odd Taxi is a currently airing anime that had pretty much 0 hype around it at the start of this anime season, and after some weeks into the season I heard numerous people around the net saying it's a good series, so I checked it out and I'm currently loving it.

Edit: Also it's really cool that you love Yuri from so many different countries. I love that the internet lets authors from around the world share their works with everyone.

last edited at Jun 6, 2021 2:37PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

A misunderstanding in GL with actual solid grounding? What is this?

joined Sep 27, 2017

Solid grounding, but born from the density and lack of foresight of telling your lady crush that you like a guy :P

The universal truth of useless dorks in love carries on, but I think that's why we're here. They're absurdly cute together.

last edited at Jun 6, 2021 2:44PM

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

NoooooooOoooOooOOOo dont be saaaaaaad.
Great story tho. Loving it so far.

last edited at Jun 6, 2021 4:54PM

A833b0da-ef0f-4898-8593-d053f3beae0c
joined Feb 25, 2017

Third base already?! That was quite some h*nd h*lding

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I smellllll jealousy

joined Oct 5, 2016

Solid grounding, but born from the density and lack of foresight of telling your lady crush that you like a guy :P

The universal truth of useless dorks in love carries on, but I think that's why we're here. They're absurdly cute together.

It's dumb, buuut it' also feels very realistically dumb teenager decision making, instead of a plot twist made to just delay things.

joined Nov 22, 2019

I dont think I've ever heard of SMILE, where can I find it?

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i can't stop smiling,Goddamn it!!

joined Sep 27, 2017

I dont think I've ever heard of SMILE, where can I find it?

Took me a bit to find it because google wanted to give me literally everything else, like a Scholastic book named Smile lmao, but I think this is it? https://tapas.io/series/smileyurimanga/info

I'm entirely unfamiliar with the site and the comic until now, but I'll probably give it a read as well.

It's dumb, buuut it' also feels very realistically dumb teenager decision making, instead of a plot twist made to just delay things.

Yeah people in love often make some questionable conversation choices, ones that often makes things worse for themselves, especially teenagers in love as you said.

last edited at Jun 7, 2021 3:34AM

Relopokilolo
Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

Is the artist still active? They haven't uploaded on pixiv since 2017 and their latest post on weibo was november 2020

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Is the artist still active? They haven't uploaded on pixiv since 2017 and their latest post on weibo was november 2020

Yeah, she’s fine. She just stickied the Nov 2020 weibo post; her most recent ones are below and from less than a day ago.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Everyone who thought Lin Xiaolu's strategy of pretending to be straight and like a boy was not good and would not succeed: IN-YOUR-FACES!!!

Evil mastermind Lin Xiaolu owned you all, bwahahahahah!

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

tong tong just kiss her already u useless lesbian

Greenmage%202
joined Jul 29, 2017

Huh, looks like Lin has become the Green Tea Bitch.

joined Nov 26, 2020

I really love this series because if you were a deeply insecure and somewhat mentally ill closeted lesbian in high school then you KNOW this bullshit happens. Your entire life it's always just been in your head until one day you get really close with a girl but you're never sure if it's real. You do all this shit just to test her, bring her in, push her away, bring her again, make her jealous etc etc. You can just never be too sure. On top of the fact that it's unlikely that shes actually also into you, you're also just completely incapable of accepting that someone else could love you and find you attractive. You struggle so much to receive love from someone else that all you end up doing is screwing with their hearts and making everything way too difficult.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I love this series

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I love this series

To reply you must either login or sign up.