Forum › Citrus discussion

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

It's been 10 months then...still, it's still not that long to confess your love to someone you know only for that short, especially for someone like Mei.
In my opinion, if they confessed earlier it would be just for fanservice.

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

On a completely unrelated note, am I the only one who thinks that Michelle Branch's "All you wanted" could basically be the official Citrus Main Theme sung from Yuzu's perspective? I just wanted to point it out. o.o

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

If you ship these guys, at least you can say, "Blonde and black, together at last".

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

@Macy: Honestly, I don't really think that the time you've known one another necessarily plays a role when it comes to confessing and starting a relationship. One of my past relationships started with me meeting a new drinking buddy in a bar and getting together with her 2 weeks later. And that relationship lasted for almost 3 years, which is pretty good by today's standards. * shrugs * If people just match, there's no real need for them to wait and get to know each other. If they want the same thing, why not just cut the crap and get right to the good stuff? However, to be able to do that, you need to be on the same wavelength, so to say, which is the problem with Mei and Yuzu. Basically, they're from 2 completely different worlds so it's only natural that they need a while to get used to each other before they can seriously think about getting together. Getting in a relationship with someone without having anything established before would be stupid and naive.

last edited at Dec 9, 2014 2:35PM

joined Apr 6, 2014

The UST is real.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It's been 10 months then...still, it's still not that long to confess your love to someone you know only for that short, especially for someone like Mei.
In my opinion, if they confessed earlier it would be just for fanservice.

Have you not gone to high school? It's not unusual for people to confess their love to people they barely actually know.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Unlike most people here, I don't mind the "forced" drama. I mean if they got together so easily/soon, then the manga would be ending, right?! (:

Sasameki koto, Stretch, Girlfriends, Candy boy and the first half of Aoi hana would like to have a word with citrus about how to do natural relationship growth and drama right.
This is just love triangle+love triangle+pointless back to square one stuff, the characters never grow from their experiences, this is why the ending of the sakura trick anime pissed me off because it basically just reset their relationship (granted it has got much better now but that was bad), character drama can work, love triangles can work, but only when the characters LEARN from what has happened and not just go onto the next triangle because then what was even the point of it?

+2

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

"I...can't do it"
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???!!!!

Well i think deep down we all knew that would happen.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Have you not gone to high school? It's not unusual for people to confess their love to people they barely actually know.

Not the strongest argument, kids on high School (specially those with self worth issues) can also crush on someone for years.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Not the strongest argument, kids on high School (specially those with self worth issues) can also crush on someone for years.

I never said that wasn't impossible. I just said that it's not unusual for people in high school to fall for someone they barely are even familiar with.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I never said that wasn't impossible. I just said that it's not unusual for people in high school to fall for someone they barely are even familiar with.

Well, this definition of highschool love is more on an impulse and hormone thing, when they say it so easily. When you are really in love with someone, your fears and incecurities come on the surface, thus making much more difficult to say i love you. A lot of people actually avoid their crushes rather that talking to them and "communicating".
I'm not saying that there is not way that people can really be in love and say it without drama, but there are a lot of cases (if not the majority) that hesitate and are afraid.

last edited at Dec 10, 2014 5:58AM

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

"My little sister turned me on." Ooh baby. This is an amazing start, lol. The art is gorgeous as well, I like the thick lines and stuff.

I read somewhere the suggestion that the Teacher's kiss was forced, that makes a lot of sense for the logic behind Aihara's actions.

The writing for this one seems kind of crazy but I think it will at least definitely be very fun to read. I hope the characters can realize their feelings quickly so that we don't have to suffer through more forced het, though. Aside from that this is quite an impressive manga, I especially also like the unexpected friend character, "Harumin", lol.

==+ I totally agree been anxious since Ch. 12 tease at the end. The first chapter was a bit aggressive in the beginning but I was able to soak it up

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

Yes.

Yurimangac
joined Nov 15, 2013

a loli rival!

Images
joined Apr 22, 2013

You, guys are too excited for more closure. Just enjoy the roller coaster ride.

joined Jun 12, 2012

A roller coaster ride that never ends and spans over 15+ chapters isn't very pleasant.

I give this damn manga one more fucking arc for their love decagon bullshit

If some other chick pops up and causes another shit storm I'm seriously dropping this

last edited at Dec 11, 2014 4:43PM

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

After reading chapter 13 "Wait, what!!" =_=
I face palmed so hard at that ending, though I fucking knew that would happened after the girl told Yuzu 'We're allies', plus the introduction of new characters gave it away also. Dammit why more girls fall for Mei?! Mei you emotionless beauty, stop giving out your yuri vibes!!!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It's more that people are annoyed that every time there's any progress it seems to be reversed in short order.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Guys...what do you call a real progress? I'm confused, because people think this goes too slow, or there isn't any progress...What exactly would you like to see? Them making out and declaring their love maybe? When i see those comments, I can't help but think that people that write them are pretty young and inexperienced in love and how it works.
Imo, this is not what progress is. Considering their characters, this is a fast as it could go before it gets too rushed.
On the other hand, I have to agree that it's a bit unrealistic how girls fall in love with Mei just in an instant...
There could be drama, but yeah...maybe not people falling for the protegonists only. But I think it hasn't crossed the line regarding this...I get the feeling that people complain so much about it because they just want to see them having sex >< Pffft...honestly sex is not the ultimate prize someone can give you, and after a point it becomes boring, if it's just that. I'm glad this manga has real issues and it's not just a fanservisey yuri, like Sono Hanabira for example, lol.

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

^after taking a love lust and intimacy class I can agree to this. I want their relationship to develop from trial and error, I hate all the drama and how it is presented, but such is life. Also can 100% agree that most of these people just wanna see them have sex already. I was like that at the beginning.

However, the irrational side of me is screaming: not this crap again, can we please move the duck on! >.<

last edited at Dec 12, 2014 12:19PM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

^ agree XD

joined May 28, 2013

A roller coaster ride that never ends and spans over 15+ chapters isn't very pleasant.

I give this damn manga one more fucking arc for their love decagon bullshit

If some other chick pops up and causes another shit storm I'm seriously dropping this

You're making it seem as if you're doing the mangaka a favour by reading her work. If you want to drop it, then drop it.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

You're making it seem as if you're doing the mangaka a favour by reading her work. If you want to drop it, then drop it.

I think it's more that they want to like it but it's getting on their nerves too much.

joined Dec 9, 2014

^ Thumbs up!

last edited at Dec 13, 2014 8:23AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Guys...what do you call a real progress? I'm confused, because people think this goes too slow, or there isn't any progress...What exactly would you like to see? Them making out and declaring their love maybe? When i see those comments, I can't help but think that people that write them are pretty young and inexperienced in love and how it works.

We've seen this lately "Have you been in a relationship? Have you been in high school? Have you fall in love? Have you ever have a fight?" God, what kind of ultra lonely hikikomoris you guys take us for? What we meant by progress is like that chapter 8, a mutual kiss (IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TO A BE A KISS! WORDS WORKS TOO!), a true expresion of their feelings in synchrony... From that, there could be a development but then BANG! triangle! and when that was settled, BANG! misunderstanding and baaaaack to point 0 and as if that was not enought another triangle... a square if we count the "imouto" too, and when all that could somehow be settle there's still the fact that they're supposed to be or act like sisters! add to the mixture 60 days for each chapter and then you have Citrus current state. Many of us thinks "If this didn't have the art it has it I wouldn't be here".

Say what you want or guess about our (readers) life, but there's something wrong going on here, that makes it hard to enjoy.

Edit: Alice said it just right!

last edited at Dec 13, 2014 10:52AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.