Forum › Centaur's Worries discussion

Images%20(10)
joined Apr 30, 2013

this is pretty funny and kinda cute to .. i love it :) ..

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm likin' this frog dude, wonder what his interaction with the main cast is going to be.

Seems to be further hints that something big is coming in the larger world, what with the aliens, arms dealers and the like.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

thanks futari for the masterpieces you TL for us

peppermintjam
Russian%20sherlock
joined Sep 19, 2011

I really love this series! I didn't expect to at first, but whenever I see an update it really adds to my day. haha Thanks for translating and uploading this. : )

joined Nov 11, 2010

Dat cover page... "Fanservice"?

Lovely chapter as usual -- really managed to capture some of the tension of dealing with kids who look up to you. I don't blame Hime for trying to skip out on the nap, but getting caught was also perfectly natural, lol.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Dammit, that cover inset has me shipping Hime x Sasusasu now.

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Every chapter is just so damn cute!

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

The series doesn't even need yuri to be in my top list. But with yuri and all those adorable characters, it managed to both keep my interests, while feel happy , fluffy inside.

What's a good way to present slice-of-life

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

There should be more mangas like this one. :3

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Wait what the hell? Warped democracy? In little kids show?

And really, putting Communism together with Fascism... such "American" point of view...

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

and I thought for a sec no one would be bothered by the political remarks on page 0. I am bothered.
well, surprised that this new chap dealt with political issues even in the slightest way it can be. oh and that topic on kid show ? Mindblown. Guess kids'd still have a different look at the topic from adults eh.
I'm no expert but I'm not sure what's the true meaning behind setting this chapter up by the author though. cry

last edited at Nov 26, 2013 11:19AM

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

I've been following this series since it began. I must say that was the most depressing chapter. Not sure it was worth the wait.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

It's dealing with a, maybe the, classic problem with democracy: The tyranny of the majority, where a majority makes use of their dominance to vote democratically to abuse a minority. So for instance things like how North Americans (and Australians) have treated the people who got there first, or the way Canadians stuck the local population of Japanese descent in camps and took their property during WW II, or the way some Europeans have been dealing with the Moslem population. Even when rules are voted on which apply equally to all, they can be used to target particular groups--take the French laws about displaying religious symbols which in theory apply to Christian or Jewish ones and so don't target particular religions . . . except Christians and Jews aren't mandated to display anything, and everyone knows the real target is headscarves and turbans and such. Many have made the case that if the results of a decision primarily affect one group, they should have a bigger say in the proceedings than those who are not affected--but it's hard to come up with a procedure for arranging that.
In the long run as different groups get nailed by such actions, consensus usually builds for enshrining general rights that apply to all that protect people from that kind of thing. Everyone's a minority in some way.

The bit at the beginning about Communism and Fascism . . . their society definitely does not seem to be a utopia; there's a whiff of cold war about, with that kind of earnest propaganda and militarism around the edges of everything. I mean, we've got stacks of militarism and propaganda today, but it has a different feel to it in the absence of any serious enemies.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i always said that democracy doesn't work anymore,
i learned this the hard way, living in Italy in the last 30 years

that must be an awesome tv show.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Her cock-eyed satyr knees are uncomfortable to look at.

joined Jul 19, 2013

that must be an awesome tv show.

This, so much. Haha, I'd watch it everyday.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Reminds me of the shows I saw in my childhood. I had the chance to rewatch some of them now and there were lots of dirty jokes or political comments that I was simply not able to comprehend at that point, pretty much like Shino,

I love the mix of political references and cute and silly slice of life and how they recicled the Magical Girl Satyr from chapter 13. Next episode of the show features different race characters as per previously set equality rules. Nice touch.

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

It's dealing with a, maybe the, classic problem with democracy: The tyranny of the majority, where a majority makes use of their dominance to vote democratically to abuse a minority. So for instance things like how North Americans (and Australians) have treated the people who got there first, or the way Canadians stuck the local population of Japanese descent in camps and took their property during WW II, or the way some Europeans have been dealing with the Moslem population. Even when rules are voted on which apply equally to all, they can be used to target particular groups--take the French laws about displaying religious symbols which in theory apply to Christian or Jewish ones and so don't target particular religions . . . except Christians and Jews aren't mandated to display anything, and everyone knows the real target is headscarves and turbans and such. Many have made the case that if the results of a decision primarily affect one group, they should have a bigger say in the proceedings than those who are not affected--but it's hard to come up with a procedure for arranging that.
In the long run as different groups get nailed by such actions, consensus usually builds for enshrining general rights that apply to all that protect people from that kind of thing. Everyone's a minority in some way.

The bit at the beginning about Communism and Fascism . . . their society definitely does not seem to be a utopia; there's a whiff of cold war about, with that kind of earnest propaganda and militarism around the edges of everything. I mean, we've got stacks of militarism and propaganda today, but it has a different feel to it in the absence of any serious enemies.

OCD attack:

America put her Japanese citizens in internment camps, not Canada.

And it's Muslim, not Moslem.

End of OCD attack. Carry on.

joined Aug 15, 2011

Canada carried out it's own policy of internment during WW2 as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Canadian_internment

Hoping for longer chapters in the future. While the world-building in this series is impressive; it has strong interesting characters as well, and I'd like to see the series focus more on them for a bit.

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Canada carried out it's own policy of internment during WW2 as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Canadian_internment

Hoping for longer chapters in the future. While the world-building in this series is impressive; it has strong interesting > characters as well, and I'd like to see the series focus more on them for a bit.

I hate it when I'm wrong... And now my whole life is a lie. Why did I not know that?! Canada not as awesome as I thought!

last edited at Nov 27, 2013 12:50AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Saw volume 1 being sold at a comic book store last week. Nearly picked it up. I didn't realize it had been released over here in the States.

last edited at Dec 6, 2013 2:16AM

joined Nov 11, 2010

Yup, the first volume is out. I stumbled across the licensing news back around when Seven Seas was releasing the Morinaga Milk collections. I haven't sat down to go through it yet, but the world-building and stuff in this series is just too awesome that I'm thinking of passing it around to my parents who don't read much manga. Might wait around for another volume to come out first though, the content of that first chapter might be a bit awkward standing by itself lol.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

To be honest I'm waiting for some of the loose plot threads to start getting integrated into the story. What happened to the UFO's? What's going on with the amphibians? How is the Antarctican project of connecting to the outside world coming along? And, of course, the usual meandering of the various girls' lives (nobody really cares about the male characters much, including the mangaka).

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Not a big fan of this, but I gotta say it is very well built, might catch up on the read of where I left off.

To reply you must either login or sign up.