Forum › Persona Karen discussion

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

Ugh, I'm gonna go straight to hell for saying this, but she wasn't really going to jump. Anyone desperate enough to jump off a roof has one of two things in mind and it's usually: someone pay attention to me and stop me and before you all jump down my throats, might I add that if she really wanted to jump she wouldn't have waited so long and not let that girl distract her. In the end someone did give her attention....and she got laid.

Sex saves the day!

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 11:41PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Someone looking for attention isn't likely to find it in the middle of a rainy night with nobody in sight either. As for her being there for a while, the opening scene is only a couple of minutes long and it seems like she'd just gotten there. So we're not talking about an extended time period here.

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

The time it took the other girl to even show up, from opening scene to that point, she had plenty of time to walk off the ledge, be it a minute that passed or even ten. I'm not saying she's really attention seeking, that probably wasn't her intention, but to me, she just wasn't serious about it. Those who are serious wouldn't wait and have a conversation, kinda like in the Titanic movie where Rose wants to jump off the edge of boat but Mr. Smooth Talker changed her mind because she stopped and listened.

And now that I brought it up: this totally reminded me of the Titanic gfdi!

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 12:42AM

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

The time it took the other girl to even show up, from opening scene to that point, she had plenty of time to walk off the ledge, be it a minute that passed or even ten. I'm not saying she's really attention seeking, that probably wasn't her intention, but to me, she just wasn't serious about it. Those who are serious wouldn't wait and have a conversation, kinda like in the Titanic movie where Rose wants to jump off the edge of boat but Mr. Smooth Talker changed her mind.

Even if she was seeking attention, is there something inherently wrong with seeking some sort of companionship and realization for one's existence? If someone is contemplating jumping off a building to get some sort of attention, don't you think they really needed it then? She probably wasn't intending to jump, but that shouldn't been seen as some sort of failure on her part, it's just indicative of much more complicated problems in her life. In the end, it's simply great that she recovered from a low point in her life with the help of the other girl.

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 12:46AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was a hell of a cliffhanger. Although I didn't fully understand what was her "business" about.

Really looking forward for more of this

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Really looking forward for more of this

Well that explains a lot. I somehow didn't realize this wasn't a one-shot until after reading this post.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Need more chapters to decide whether to follow this series or to drop it. Been waiting for another work as great as Hoshizawa Ginza District 4.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I love Kurogane Ken's art, so I'm glad to see another serialization from him. ^^

Though got a bit confuse toward the end. Was there a time skip after their night ? Why is she still in her school uniform if she started a business ? @_@

Looking forward to next chapter.

Psmix_2016-03-11-23-34-17
joined Mar 3, 2013

The time it took the other girl to even show up, from opening scene to that point, she had plenty of time to walk off the ledge

WHAt YOu WAiTInG FOR?!?!?!

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

I don't think you can keep someone from killing themselves by having ( was it even ? ) sex in real life.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I don't think you can keep someone from killing themselves by having ( was it even ? ) sex in real life.

It seems really unlikely but it would also be fairly dependent on why exactly they're killing themselves. I can't think of a really good example off the top of my head but something to do with an extremely poor self image might do it. Also in relation to this story I'd say it's more like she decided to do what the other girl wanted and ended up finding a reason to live (that being that she liked the girl it seems) than simply sex keeping her from doing it.

Kaonashi%20-gssg
joined Apr 1, 2013

KUROGANE KEN !!!!!!!! YES SO MUCH YES

Am i the only one who got this reaction?

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Nope! Even if this has a lot of drama, it will probably have a lot of yuri too since its Kurogane Ken...
All of my want

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i missed kurogane ken so much!

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

Yes, I did read that far. It was nice of there to be a girl in the manga besides the main couple.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I like this and look forward to more.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Yeah...dangerous to read school...

joined Jan 17, 2014

long time no see Ken :D

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

hmm anyone could guess what happen next?

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

the 'business' is obviously prostitution ring.....
and more suicide stories please.

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 6:16PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

the 'business' is obviously prostitution ring.....
and more suicide stories please.

what exactly makes you think that? besides who would give up suicide only to open something that is known for leading to a lot of suicides?

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I don't want to say that she was looking for attention, I would say that if she had the thought of ending her life (and nothing more) she would had done it in a heart beat. People that commit suicide don't think twice about doing it. people that aren't ready or only had the thought of "what if I kill myself?, I wish I could die. But what if...blah blah blah." Because one thing is to think about killing yourself and another is acting upon it without thinking twice about anything, not about life or about love ones or anything. I would say, that there was a factor or a stressor in her life that lead her to think about killing herself or even to "try" to attempt it (even if her intentions might of been to not actually do it). What was she looking for? An answer from herself of whether she is ready or not. So when the girl showed up not only did she not jump but "that right there was enough to convince herself that she wasn't ready to kill herself just yet. Even if she said "No matter what you say I will still jump....blah blah blah" inside she was "will someone care if I'm gone...Am I ready?." (always keep in mind people; people that commit suicide have literally nothing to loose and they aren't mentally stable. Its not that they are crazy, its just that they have a sort of chronic stress that was never treated, therefore, they enter into a sort of inner or outer of body experience where they just don't see themselves living anymore.)

last edited at Jan 11, 2015 10:50PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm kind of amazed at the fact that most people are on board with the "if she hesitates, she never intended to kill herself" line when variations on that show up on the majority of "suicide myths" pages. For instance here:

https://www.afsp.org/news-events/in-the-news/understanding-suicide-myth-vs.-fact

From what I can tell, most suicides, both attempted and successful, do in fact have warning signs, the individual wanting help out of their situation, etc. and aren't this clear-cut "up and die" without wavering. Or at least they're a rarity.

Kaonashi%20-gssg
joined Apr 1, 2013

Nope! Even if this has a lot of drama, it will probably have a lot of yuri too since its Kurogane Ken...
All of my want

Yep all of the wants !

Kurogane Ken got so good nsfw yuri :D

last edited at Dec 8, 2014 10:40PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I'm kind of amazed at the fact that most people are on board with the "if she hesitates, she never intended to kill herself" line when variations on that show up on the majority of "suicide myths" pages. For instance here:

https://www.afsp.org/news-events/in-the-news/understanding-suicide-myth-vs.-fact

From what I can tell, most suicides, both attempted and successful, do in fact have warning signs, the individual wanting help out of their situation, etc. and aren't this clear-cut "up and die" without wavering. Or at least they're a rarity.

A large part of the issue people seem to be having is that they don't understand that it's not really a matter of wanting to kill oneself. It's a matter of feeling that nothing is ever going to get better and not wanting to suffer anymore. (For most people at least.) No one really WANTS to kill themselves if things actually got better. But mental instability combined with things never seeming to get better can force people into a situation where they feel that's the only way out.

To reply you must either login or sign up.