pumpkinmonster
Ea068ec8502133f96ff1a1123008a767
joined Mar 26, 2020

dang sora's mom is not cool

joined Nov 10, 2020

Can't wait for next chapter

20191227_223541
joined Dec 27, 2019

HOHO BOI SOMEBODY PLEASE HOLD ME OR I GONNA BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THIS OLD HAG (°ㅂ°╬) HOW DARE SHE RAISE HER DIRTY HANDS AGAINST HER OWN CHILD?! I AM SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF (╬ Ò﹏Ó)

12%20weird%20themed%20restaurants%20in%20tokyo,%20japan
joined Mar 4, 2021

Even tho the mom is bs but she’s right, family matter won’t be affected just because some friends disagree with the situation.
Really want to see if they will have like, a serious plan to deal with the situation

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

All these people saying "The mom is unrealistic!"

Like, yeah, clearly, the mom who literally just fucked off after her divorce and left her teenage daughter to live by herself and fend for herself, to the point that she was just skipping school entirely at the start of the series....That parent is a bad parent? What shock! What stunning and contrived drama! Why I can't believe it at all! /s

Guys. Sora's mom was always going to be awful. She was visibly neglectful with her mere absence. She abandoned her kid and left her to live alone, without supervision. If Ayaka hadn't come to get her, she'd have flunked the year and been about to be held back a year by now. At best.

She was -already- an abusive parent, this just cemented that that abuse is also physical.

If you think it's contrived, I have news for you. You know someone with an abusive parent. Some of you may not know you do, because they don't talk about it, but they're there, participating in your daily life. And given that Honda's mom was visibly abusive, she was always going to be a natural impediment to their relationship in one way or another. The seeds for this "sudden twist" were in chapter one.

That doesn't mean you gotta like it! You can dislike the twist, you can not want to see that kind of content. If you just don't like it, I don't have a problem with that. But it's not unrealistic, it's not unlikely, it's not even contrived, and it is definitely not sudden. Some tropes are common because the events they depict are also common.

Sora was -introduced- as a character with visibly awful parents, that's why when mom showed back up, a lot of us knew she was going to be an obstacle, because we already knew she was awful.

joined Aug 29, 2019

@Heavensrun
I haven't re-read it in its entirety recently, so my memory may be fuzzy. Still, I recall that this manga irked me with its almost-progression being repeatedly thwarted by stupendous timing and coincidence. Were it not for that perception I'd agree that mom's well-timed appearance "is not even contrived", but given those circumstances, it did feel that way for me. It had to happen eventually, sure. But it may have served the story well to actually let it run its course for more than one chapter before facing what feels like the final boss.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Like, yeah, clearly, the mom who literally just fucked off after her divorce and left her teenage daughter to live by herself and fend for herself, to the point that she was just skipping school entirely at the start of the series....That parent is a bad parent? What shock! What stunning and contrived drama! Why I can't believe it at all! /s

Guys. Sora's mom was always going to be awful. She was visibly neglectful with her mere absence. She abandoned her kid and left her to live alone, without supervision. If Ayaka hadn't come to get her, she'd have flunked the year and been about to be held back a year by now. At best.

She was -already- an abusive parent, this just cemented that that abuse is also physical.

If you think it's contrived, I have news for you. You know someone with an abusive parent. Some of you may not know you do, because they don't talk about it, but they're there, participating in your daily life. And given that Honda's mom was visibly abusive, she was always going to be a natural impediment to their relationship in one way or another. The seeds for this "sudden twist" were in chapter one.

That doesn't mean you gotta like it! You can dislike the twist, you can not want to see that kind of content. If you just don't like it, I don't have a problem with that. But it's not unrealistic, it's not unlikely, it's not even contrived, and it is definitely not sudden. Some tropes are common because the events they depict are also common.

Sora was -introduced- as a character with visibly awful parents, that's why when mom showed back up, a lot of us knew she was going to be an obstacle, because we already knew she was awful.

Writing this wall after a whole page of people saying it's realistic is very bad timing.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Writing this wall after a whole page of people saying it's realistic is very bad timing.

Which is funny, since that is exactly what people were complaining about in regards to the mother. With good cause. Because this wall of text is wrong in one particular aspect, the mother is contrived. The contrivance arises from her timing, not her actual depiction. She is a realistic character, yes. Her sudden appearance in and of itself is also not a problem. Her sudden appearance at exactly this point in the story? Contrived.

And people pointed this out several times already, but the wall of text above chose to ignore that point completely. Why did she not suddenly appear sooner? Or why did she not suddenly appear after the girls have been together for a while? Instead, she suddenly appeared at exactly this point in the story, just when the main couple had finally worked through their communication problems and connected. Literally the same day the girls managed to overcome the barrier between them, the mother appears.

In other words, previous issues got resolved and there was no more drama, no more conflict, and immediately we get the mother. She was not even needed as a story element to progress the narrative. Imagine for a moment if she appeared before the girls solved their issues. Her appearance could then have had a purpose, to spur the main couple to reach out to one another and get over the barrier in their communication, because they would now be faced with the prospect of being separated for good, before they even had a chance to fully realise and express what they mean to each other.

But nope, all of that gets resolved and then literally on the same day, bam! Mother is home. And an entirely new and separate conflict thus begins.

last edited at Mar 4, 2021 1:32PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah, it's not "unrealistic" but "shitty plot twist".

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I didn't say everybody thinks it's unrealistic, I said I disagree with the people who -were- saying that. The fact that there are other people who agree with my perspective doesn't mean I can't express my own reactions.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I wish after this manga ends there would be a sequel with the 2 of them as adults and living their everyday lives together

Img_9245
joined Mar 14, 2018

If me and Sora’s mom ever meet it’s on sight. (ง'̀-'́)ง

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Looks like someone is going to horni jail

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ayaka: "Works for me."

B317d5337236dc7a4d6785c89a6164b7c373ff6av2_hq
joined Sep 16, 2017

Rawr x3 *notices your b

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

very cool side chapter, I like it, and the cruel cuteness seeping through Ayaka was some sight.

last edited at Mar 17, 2021 1:53PM

12%20weird%20themed%20restaurants%20in%20tokyo,%20japan
joined Mar 4, 2021

f u r r y ?

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

f u r r y ?

sora likes some biting...

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

Which is funny, since that is exactly what people were complaining about in regards to the mother. With good cause. Because this wall of text is wrong in one particular aspect, the mother is contrived. The contrivance arises from her timing, not her actual depiction. She is a realistic character, yes. Her sudden appearance in and of itself is also not a problem. Her sudden appearance at exactly this point in the story? Contrived.

And people pointed this out several times already, but the wall of text above chose to ignore that point completely. Why did she not suddenly appear sooner? Or why did she not suddenly appear after the girls have been together for a while? Instead, she suddenly appeared at exactly this point in the story, just when the main couple had finally worked through their communication problems and connected. Literally the same day the girls managed to overcome the barrier between them, the mother appears.

In other words, previous issues got resolved and there was no more drama, no more conflict, and immediately we get the mother. She was not even needed as a story element to progress the narrative. Imagine for a moment if she appeared before the girls solved their issues. Her appearance could then have had a purpose, to spur the main couple to reach out to one another and get over the barrier in their communication, because they would now be faced with the prospect of being separated for good, before they even had a chance to fully realise and express what they mean to each other.

But nope, all of that gets resolved and then literally on the same day, bam! Mother is home. And an entirely new and separate conflict thus begins.

If the mother showed up after them dating it would have had a bigger impact, we'd have a lovers being seperated narrative instead of "my friend is going to go to a different town"

Oh what could have been

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Fuck this mother poor girl First Love and she will destroying it

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

yall be arguing, but I just want the next chapter

81822660_p0-compressed%20(3)
joined Dec 13, 2020

yall be arguing, but I just want the next chapter

same here ;_;

Herosandroiii
joined Jan 16, 2020

Why there was no chapter in April :(

joined Feb 15, 2021

manga rule, love confessions must always be two full pages, break that and you're out, simple as that

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

manga rule, love confessions must always be two full pages, break that and you're out, simple as that

manga rule also said that the manga one or two chapter after the confession and the two girls getting together so we probably near 1 or 2 away from the end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.