Forum › My Childhood Friend discussion

Capture
joined Jan 13, 2019

Stories about childhood friends who grew up together just come off to me like the author wants to write incest but is afraid of the stigma. This may just be me but I don't think I can be attracted to someone I've known since childhood

Images
joined Apr 17, 2015

I.. I see

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

BDSM tag where

joined Aug 1, 2019

Stories about childhood friends who grew up together just come off to me like the author wants to write incest but is afraid of the stigma. This may just be me but I don't think I can be attracted to someone I've known since childhood

That's the Westermarck effect. It depends on exactly how often they socialized with each other in their youth.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

As long as they’re both consenting I guess

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I feel like the stuff about the moms should have been it's own story

I can't imagine they would get much mileage out of it.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

But

What about the two dads?
That's the big question

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

well that's..
mom x mom
child x child
dad x dad

joined Dec 13, 2018

it's easy to forget yukiko is a total freak after just reading a room for two for a while

I feel like it adds a lot to A Room For Two. You see this superidealized relationship with almost no conflict and perfect devotion. Beneath that is someone who understands monstrous desires. Helps you understand what lies beneath the fantasy of Sakurako's slavish and absolute devotion to a cool beauty utterly dependent on her.

I think I read someone read A Room For Two as a wish fulfillment story about having a Sakurako, a perfect devoted waifu who will take care of everything. I can see that. Personally, though, I see this more as a fantasy for Sakurako, to have an object of absolute and unending infatuation that, despite protests, will ultimately accept you regardless of the intensity and strangeness of your obsession.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"If you're going to sit on me then sit on my face!" -- Sakurako

joined Jun 13, 2020

That's a stretch. Especially when there are quite a few incest stories out there and also the ability to do step siblings if they really want to sort of do incest without as much of a stigma.

I do agree that incest and childhood friend stories have similar tropes. One of the problems that generally pops up in childhood friend stories to create drama is one or both parties only ever viewing each other as basically brother or sister. But the difference in these stories are that incest has to stay secret while a relationship with a childhood friend can be public. Childhood friend stories often have other people wondering why the two are not dating already. That doesn't pop up in incest because the society would find it wrong. If someone does comment on two siblings being too close it is done in a way to point out it is weird. In this way there are different scenarios that can be played out through incest or childhood friend stories.

Basically, if someone wants to write incest, they'll just write incest. Pseudo or real. Childhood friend stories have enough difference that they are written for the childhood friend purpose.

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

Part of https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/cats_and_sugar_bowls

'A collection of different oneshots from Yukiko with different themes. The tagline was "not your everyday yuri stories".'

The tagline is spot on here...

joined Sep 13, 2018

man that's some scary girl right there

8103icmobtl._sx355_
joined Aug 18, 2020

Da illeh li laah byacatz daurani lm3alem ana ashfih diza sai kaurazani wallah ghaltana asif habibi danah mashi masibi

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

unresolved with no real ending xD

joined Jun 13, 2020

I guess I get this now. Miya started to get weird because she thought Nachi's change into a gyaru was some sort of 'play'. Miya started showing Nachi that she would basically be fine with any sort of play that Nachi might be interested indulging in. A very miscommunicated way of telling Nachi, "No matter how you change, I will always accept you."

Nachi, who was just trying to create some distance. Got confused by all Miya's craziness, but accepted it very quickly after realizing the reason for it all was because Miya wanted to stay close to her. Nachi also came to understand her childhood friend is insane and has to keep an eye on her.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I guess I get this now. Miya started to get weird because she thought Nachi's change into a gyaru was some sort of 'play'. Miya started showing Nachi that she would basically be fine with any sort of play that Nachi might be interested indulging in. A very miscommunicated way of telling Nachi, "No matter how you change, I will always accept you."

Nachi, who was just trying to create some distance. Got confused by all Miya's craziness, but accepted it very quickly after realizing the reason for it all was because Miya wanted to stay close to her. Nachi also came to understand her childhood friend is insane and has to keep an eye on her.

I accept this interpretation. Wholesome!

joined Sep 7, 2021

Hmm, not that I wish there was more premises like this but, like, what if...

Nishina
joined Nov 8, 2021

Well, I don't mind this being a new series of A Room For Two spinoff, Sakurako also looks like doesn't mind being like that

last edited at Feb 11, 2022 1:30AM

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

You see, Miwa is a Dolcett girl who wants to be snuffed and it looks like Nachi is being dragged into that fetish.

To reply you must either login or sign up.