Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I don't understand what Vtubers are and at this point I'm too afraid to ask

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hide while you still can, don't let them find you D: save yourself from the rabbit hole!

Gfkenr4j2k-2
joined Aug 7, 2019

The rabbit hole expands and consumes all. You will not be spared. Your watch history will be conquered. All hail the Live2D Overlords.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

^I'm more scared of your profile picture than Vtubers, tbh

joined Feb 1, 2021

Hell, same

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

What kind of unique perks does the legendary ad come with?

Its like legendary Pokémon. Just the sense of pride and accomplishment.

TL;DR: fun streamers that use anime avatars that move.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/87331995
Yama no susume Hinata x Aoi

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

What's the AXE (a manga cancelled or cut short due various circumstances before reaching a satisfactory conclusion, mostly due to low sells) that has affected you more? speaking of yuri manga of course (it might take me forever if we talk about all) or cute girls doing stuff.

For me, Tsurezure Biyori was one... I loved the art, the main couple, the side couple and the support characters and before they could even return to school it was over! I was really sad.

Nanashi no Asterism was worse in the sense that I was seriously mad and enraged because of all the circumstances surrounding it.

Haru to Midori was another one that wasn't all that bad how it ended but it really makes you feel like they could've gone deeper with the characters and the ending was like "is nice but also cliche".

I don't even have the heart to read the ending of "An easy introduction to love triangles" Y-Y maybe I'll wait for the next Canno's work, but I feel bad for the author and the team translating it.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Tsurezure Biyori is definitely up there.

joined Jan 21, 2015

For some reason I can't think of anything translated other than the latest Canno work and Otome Kikan Gretel. I actually read Tsurezure Biyori in one go and didn't notice it felt short...

There was an incredibly cute 4koma manga called Ooops! that had a lot of potential for character relationships and yuri, but it never made it past the requisite three-chapter guest spot.

Another one was called Hitomi no Photograph, it was about girls and photography, had an established yuri couple and a yuri love triangle (not involving the couple), and ran for three volumes. It didn't even have an ending, it just stopped. Thankfully, the authors managed to publish the story about how the couple got together in doujinshi form.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Lol, nice

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Not AXEd but Prism probably because it has a very speical feeling and place for me. And of course Flower Flower

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well it's been really cold and snowing where I'm living right now. Have had to shovel snow off my walkway a few times just to have enough room to let my dogs out. Have to keep the fireplace stoked too so not much game time today. :(

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Must be nice having snow and a chill weather. You can probably cook an egg outside my house XD

Unrelated, but I'm 120% Covid cases will spike back up in two weeks in my country. They are so proud of 500 cases right now and it's going to bite them in the ass.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/87825185
Azur Lane Bremerton x Baltimore
NSFW Boing Boing.

joined Feb 16, 2021

OrangePekoe said:

There is no rule against "het bashing" here

And finally we get to the truth that would have seen me leave this toxic community years ago. As long as it doesn't violate the rules you have created, you tolerate bigotry against heterosexuals, and it's not ok. I don't want my other account back, and you can do whatever you wish with it and this one. I'm not going to wait two weeks to let you know this, because at that point, I wouldn't want to comment at all. This needs to be said, however. Continue down this path at your own risk, because discrimination is discrimination, whether you acknowledge it or not. And minimizing it and denying it, will only make it grow and fester, eventually turning you into everything you hate. Don't let this happen. Goodbye.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Drpepperfan has a long history on this site as an uploader of Het works, a reader of Het works, and an opponent of the sort of purity culture you rail against. To conflate a distaste for faceless men having sex with previously paired fictional characters to "het bashing" is unfair to him. Frankly, it's trivializing to suggest every person with a distaste for some genre convention or artistic choice is engaging in actual discrimination and harm. Your consistent refusal to interpret others charitably suggests a lack of empathy for the very people you're trying to protect. I'd really suggest that if you intend to convince others of your viewpoints in the future, you grant them some measure of basic human decency first.

Take care.

last edited at Feb 16, 2021 1:52PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I don't particularly like the cold weather and snow that much, but my dog loves them. She loves playing in the snow and staying outside in the cold.

joined May 28, 2016

My dogs are warm weather only. Don't like the snow, cold, or rain that much.
More hauling of logs in a wheelbarrow and chopping them up today which was exhausting.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Poor mangadex can't catch a break

joined May 28, 2016

I hope they don't do rolling blackouts in my area otherwise I'll really need to keep that wood stove burning a lot.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Here in the Willamette Valley we got an ice storm instead of snow last week. It weighed down tree limbs till they broke--damaging houses, cars & power lines. Oregon's governor declared a state of emergency. My electricity thankfully came back yesterday morning; there are still neighborhoods in the dark. ...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Is it weird that I legit want to see a similar scene in person?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I legit always had some kind of ice fetish tbh. I want to lick snow someday.

I know I'm a few days late but I think I'll make some valentine's chocolate after all. I need to do something different from time to time.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83451362
Hololive Kanata x Coco

joined May 28, 2016

Living in an area on the same grid as our water plant has some bonuses I suppose. The last time our area supposedly had a bad ice storm was in 2009. I didn't move to my current state until 2011 so I wouldn't know how bad it really was.

To reply you must either login or sign up.