Forum › That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch discussion

~the%20best%20pfp%20small
joined Feb 4, 2021

Nice.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

The gay friend is relatable as fuck, if we were the MC I think a lot less of us would be caught up on so many yuri... lel.

joined Nov 26, 2020

THAT DOESNT REALLY GIVE US ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE OVERALL FAMILY DYNAMIC.

The clues we have make it rather obvious no? I mean there doesn't seem to be anything strange or exceptional about it. Her mother is a super typical garden-variety Asian mom who demands the best for&from her daughter and will get into fights with anyone who goes against her wishes. We see her fighting with her husband for not being a good enough father; she's likely to fight with the school teachers as well; and if the girl was into sports she would certainly fight with the coaches asking for better treatment, more opportunities, etc.! Mom characters like her are a big classic trope in tv series, comics, movies...

The child with such a mom has of course ambivalent feelings towards her.

I didnt get ANY of the rest of that information out of it. You could assume that shes strict because she doesnt let Lin Luxi go out with any friends but then you could also assume that shes protective of her safety or perhaps shes clingy. I also didnt know that it was a trope that mothers who fight with their husbands also fight with people outside of the family?? The mothers I've known in broken marriages are basically the complete opposite with other people because they put on a very strong "happy family, happy wife" facade to cover up their deeply shameful brokenness.

I guess what you're saying is that shes a "tiger parent" which is a common Chinese stereotype. I don't want to assume that just because this manhua is Chinese, I'd rather actually receive more information about it through the story. I get that we're not going to be given that information through an exposition dump which I totally respect but that one little bite of information really baited me in just to totally leave us hanging.

joined Nov 26, 2020

Everyone reading this rn is Zhao Yan. Including me

B317d5337236dc7a4d6785c89a6164b7c373ff6av2_hq
joined Sep 16, 2017

I don't like the mc at all

IceCreamFortress
Utena%20smug
joined Sep 11, 2016

I don't like the mc at all

Why not?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

So Lin Luxi and Zhao Yan are both lesbians and know about each other?

And it's more or less safe to assume (judging by Zhao Yan's reactions) that they don't know of any other gay girl in their school — besides them?

This is a So, Do You Wanna Go Out, Or? situation. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ ) Zhao Yan says she and Lin Luxi are besties but I wonder if they ever considered start dating and see what happens? (⌒.-)

last edited at Feb 7, 2021 11:53PM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

So Lin Luxi and Zhao Yan are both lesbians and know about each other?

And it's more or less safe to assume (judging by Zhao Yan's reactions) that they don't know of any other gay girl in their school — besides them?

This is a So, Do You Wanna Go Out, Or? situation. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ ) Zhao Yan says she and Lin Luxi are besties but I wonder if they ever considered start dating and see what happens? (⌒.-)

Too bad she doesn’t have protagonist hair

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

straight like a ball

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Just tell her he was your Dad already. Also I'm not sure why she phrased that question to her mom that way. Also I so identify with damn it I want to play with a girl's emotions and all that.

joined Nov 14, 2014
joined Jan 18, 2021

this is a sweetened version of the blackmail genre, it deserves the wholesome tag.
Also TongTong reminds me of Koito, besides the hair color they share a light character psyche

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

THAT DOESNT REALLY GIVE US ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE OVERALL FAMILY DYNAMIC.

The clues we have make it rather obvious no? I mean there doesn't seem to be anything strange or exceptional about it. Her mother is a super typical garden-variety Asian mom who demands the best for&from her daughter and will get into fights with anyone who goes against her wishes. We see her fighting with her husband for not being a good enough father; she's likely to fight with the school teachers as well; and if the girl was into sports she would certainly fight with the coaches asking for better treatment, more opportunities, etc.! Mom characters like her are a big classic trope in tv series, comics, movies...

The child with such a mom has of course ambivalent feelings towards her.

I didnt get ANY of the rest of that information out of it. You could assume that shes strict because she doesnt let Lin Luxi go out with any friends but then you could also assume that shes protective of her safety or perhaps shes clingy. I also didnt know that it was a trope that mothers who fight with their husbands also fight with people outside of the family?? The mothers I've known in broken marriages are basically the complete opposite with other people because they put on a very strong "happy family, happy wife" facade to cover up their deeply shameful brokenness.

I guess what you're saying is that shes a "tiger parent" which is a common Chinese stereotype. I don't want to assume that just because this manhua is Chinese, I'd rather actually receive more information about it through the story. I get that we're not going to be given that information through an exposition dump which I totally respect but that one little bite of information really baited me in just to totally leave us hanging.

Just wanted to point out that manhua tends to be written for a Chinese audience that doesn't assume it'll be translated so cultural stereotypes and common knowledge is something the author expects the reader to know. If you don't know then you just have to learn cause the original work was never meant for non-Chinese audiences anyways.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I fucking love MC's friend, I feel ya, I feel ya......

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Mmmmmmmmmm gay. Give me more.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

This is super cute aaah

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's gonna be a big "wait, what?" moment in that phone convo lmao

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Extra comic for Chinese New Year
Lin Luxi’s kinky as ever

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

I suggest long as fuck development tag

Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Their clingy "relationship" is really cute! I'd love to have a "friend" that close

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Hooray, progress! Also lmao at Lin Luxi's thoughts on a straight girl bullying her vs showering her with affection. And that valentines comic, whew

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Straight girl bullying is fine but I draw the line at affection.

joined Feb 5, 2020

Excuse me I need a continuation of that Valentine's special

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

That was some kinky Valentines. Lin Luxi getting confused is hilarious tho but sadly understandable. It's the default to assume Tong Tong is straight but she never knows. Maybe if she does come out to her, something special happens. But it's gonna take a lot of confidence.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Add this to the list of series that cannot be updated enough

To reply you must either login or sign up.