Forum › The VTuber Thread Wherein We Talk about VTubers

Dark_Tzitzimine
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Y'know, as far as I can tell, Ina just doesn't seem to get much love when it comes to fanworks. Not compared to the rest of HoloEN, at least. I like TakaMori and AmeSame as much as the next shrimp, but I'm starved for anything with our cute tako in it. I feel like I've read everything on AO3 with her present, and there just isn't a ton of art and such with her in it (again, relatively speaking).

It's such a shame. She's so darn cute, plus InAme and InAmeSame are so blessed. I love Polka a lot too, and she gets shipped with her and Nene a bit, but not super often, and that often takes the form of NTR and yandere stuff (even though Ina could have as many girlfriends as she has tentacles! :P), which are both genres I'm not fond of.

Honestly, Polka and Nene don't get a ton of attention themselves. I did read a really great fic centered around Polka and Lamy and Botan, but that's about all. Most of the shipping with gen 5 in it is just Botan and Lamy. Which is nice of course, but not something I'm personally interested in... though at this point I'd take whatever Hololive fanworks I can get as long as it wasn't completely terrible. Beggars can't be choosers.

I wonder what the world of JP fanfic is like? And where you would find such a world... and if such a world has ever been made readable for an english-speaking-only plebian...

last edited at Feb 1, 2021 1:48AM

joined Dec 18, 2020

I wonder what the world of JP fanfic is like? And where you would find such a world... and if such a world was ever made readable by an english-speaking-only plebian...

Pixiv has fanfiction on it, and sometimes I use machine translation to try read it when I'm bored enough (its /mostly/ understandable). You can just check under the "novels" tab of whatever the Hololive tag is.

It's kinda awkward for yuri though because machine translation has a habit of translating every gender-neutral pronoun in Japanese as "he", and since the Japanese don't actually really use their equivelants of He and She that often (in fact they were originally created for the purpose of more accurately translating foreign languages) it tends to end up sounding more like yaoi if you get my drift. DeepL is somewhat better at figuring out gender from context than Google Translate but I've also gotten the opposite problem where DeepL refers to boys as she (I think it might be because it just assumes if you use something like the -chan honorific you're referring to a girl).

last edited at Feb 1, 2021 1:52AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Y'know, as far as I can tell, Ina just doesn't seem to get much love when it comes to fanworks. Not compared to the rest of HoloEN, at least.

I guess it depends on where you're looking? From what I've seen, it's Kiara that's gotten noticeably less attention than the other non-Gura Holomyth members. I'm really only interested in fanart (and animations), though. ...I find the idea of fanfic about real(-ish) people pretty uncomfortable, honestly

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

ITS TAKAMORI WEEK. THIS IS NOT A DRILL! HONEYMOON IS THIS WEEK!
1st clip to gets things started: https://youtu.be/08oOZQbmeNs
Mori released an amazing disstrack, go check it out if you haven't. Iron mouse fangirled so hard lol

For Crossick fans, Kana and Tomoe voice-acted some fanart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pj3pQLSPDo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT9mojG5u1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPbfnvk2glw

Arigathanks!

Y'know, as far as I can tell, Ina just doesn't seem to get much love when it comes to fanworks.

Yuri specifically? Sorta. Ina is just kinda always doing her own thing and shipping the other girls, makes sense she gets less pairing stuff. But I haven't read any Vtuber fanfics, I don't know what I'm talking about.

I guess it depends on where you're looking? From what I've seen, it's Kiara that's gotten noticeably less attention than the other non-Gura Holomyth members.

She literally has a group of haters spreading bullshit for whatever reason, no surprises. We do have Mamaloni and the rest who are super dedicated, I think that makes up for it.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I guess it depends on where you're looking? From what I've seen, it's Kiara that's gotten noticeably less attention than the other non-Gura Holomyth members.

She literally has a group of haters spreading bullshit for whatever reason, no surprises. We do have Mamaloni and the rest who are super dedicated, I think that makes up for it.

Wait wait wait... KIARA has haters? How could anyone actually dislike Kiara? I know Gura has haters, which is still just as bad, but that's at least a little less surprising because she's more popular than the others in Hololive, and stupid people hate popular things for no reason.

But Kiara? Not only is she the least subscribed to of HoloEN, she's the biggest ray of sunshine and happiness and good vibes I've ever seen. What reason is there to hate her?

edit: Regarding vtuber fanfic, I can totally understand how it weirds some people out. Personally speaking, there's a distinct difference in how I think about them as entertainers vs. how I think about the characters themselves. Is Kiara a lesbian? Possibly. I wouldn't really be surprised. Do I think she has a thing for Calli in real life? Not particularly. I guess I couldn't say for sure, but I don't just assume that she does. Is Calli secretly in love with Kiara? I have no reason to believe so, but even if I did it's really none of my damn business what these people get up to when they're not playing characters.

But does Kiara the phoenix thirst for Calliope the reaper, who secretly likes her as well? Well yeah, that's pretty plain to see.

The blurred line between person and character certainly adds the potential for discomfort about shipping, but as long as you can keep yourself safely away from crossing it, and as long as the people in question don't mind, I don't feel like there's harm in it.

last edited at Feb 1, 2021 5:05PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You'd be surprised. Kiara has by far the most vocal and persistent haters I've seen so far.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You'd be surprised. Kiara has by far the most vocal and persistent haters I've seen so far.

In the japanese or the overseas community ? Bu yeah i don't understand why Kiara would have such a vocal anti base.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I guess I'm just glad I don't inhabit the same spaces as those people. Not using Twitter is probably one of the best things I've ever done for my mental health.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is mostly internet boards (ie 4chan, a bit of reddit) the ones that have a seething hate for Kiara, Twitter is pretty chill for the most part.

Anyways, the Homiemoon is going to kill us with an overflow of Takamori. I'm just catching up with Calli's release party stream and my shipper heart is getting overwhelmed by all the cute moments of background Kiara teasing Calli.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Somebody better be planning a TakaMori Week best-of compilation after it's over. I gotta have all of it in one place so I can watch it and melt again.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Is mostly internet boards (ie 4chan, a bit of reddit) the ones that have a seething hate for Kiara, Twitter is pretty chill for the most part.

Ah. That part of the internet. I'm even more glad I don't inhabit those spaces.

Anyways, the Homiemoon is going to kill us with an overflow of Takamori. I'm just catching up with Calli's release party stream and my shipper heart is getting overwhelmed by all the cute moments of background Kiara teasing Calli.

I've been looking forward to this. Reddit is gonna go into overdrive making memes.

The TakaMori is fine too, I guess. ;P

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Pikamee is playing REmake too! This week is both a blessing and a curse hahaha.

In the japanese or the overseas community ? Bu yeah i don't understand why Kiara would have such a vocal anti base.

Its actually from both. Redacted: I'm not giving them any attention. Anyway, I already mentioned to respect their privacy so I'll shut up.

Ah. That part of the internet. I'm even more glad I don't inhabit those spaces.

Please do avoid those places. They are fucking disgusting "people", sure you'll find chill bros here and there but it's just seething with negativety.

It was so freaking cute and were only day 1 AAAAAAAAHHHHH

So busy with teh gays that I forgot to simp for best girl! Time to make it up.
Ranbu no melody cover
Non archived English singing stream

She got demonetized for some reason, nothing to do with her "tendencies", probably. So it's a good time to sub if you haven't.

https://youtu.be/ND7LUoN4KHE
"I love Kiara!" -Mori.
Btw, I'm 99% those chicken noises in "off with their heads" are Kiara noises.

last edited at Feb 2, 2021 8:31AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Btw, I'm 99% those chicken noises in "off with their heads" are Kiara noises.

Lewd

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1356625939623530501

Smooth, Kiara.

last edited at Feb 2, 2021 4:27PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Cultured Subaru

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Cultured Subaru

Looks like Konbu Wakame has a new fan.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, she's into Moona so I guess her tastes are flexible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwVXml1WY_4

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

New Hatoba Tsugu videos
Five of them
Exclusive to over the air TV

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Shuba Shuba is becoming more degenerate every day...

https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1356625939623530501

Smooth, Kiara

STOP!- Dad.
She's lying! I saw her smile after Kiara offered her a private one.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Aw, the Takamori Couple Q&A stream and the Shrek watch along got canceled due to shitty hotel wi-fi. They're going to be rescheduled for Saturday but still.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Unfortunate, but it gives them more private vacay time at least.

edit: https://youtu.be/qDFxrW7YgGM
Literally just dropped. Boss Chicken knows what we like.

last edited at Feb 3, 2021 12:04PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/CRUNCHY_MMLONI/status/1357015871495970816
Even better asked Mamaloni to do the bed background for the good night video and she made it a double bed

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Another NijixHolo among us collab tomorrow. If it will be anything like the previous collab which gave us Mito x Rushia, then I hope for Kanata to use her ikemen voice and get Rindou Mikoto wet.

Givemeanaccount

To reply you must either login or sign up.