Forum › Otherside Picnic discussion

joined Jan 19, 2021

That credit page scared me so damn much to the point i rush to my desk get one of my book to make sure i understand the words on my book omg.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Damn, the best credits page ever. It really made me go back to do a double take xD

Love this series. It really knows how to present horror. It does a great job creating this feeling of uneasiness and dread and when the monsters are revealed, they never disappoint and are truly horrifying. Great series to get the blood pumping

20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

Damn it's 2am and I already read 17 chapters and now I wonder if I should read more or just watch the anime. Hope I can buy the Light Novel (and I hope it's good). Definitely one of the better mangas here and this is the kind of yuri that i want to see

Damn it's 2am and I already read 17 chapters and now I wonder if I should read more or just watch the anime. Hope I can buy the Light Novel (and I hope it's good). Definitely one of the better mangas here and this is the kind of yuri that i want to see

Every Urasekai Picnic novel reader will agree when I say: READ THE NOVEL! READ THE NOVEL! READ THE NOVEL! It's good, you won't regret it.

Erinyes
joined Jul 28, 2016

Dude, this manga is one of the best hands down, reminds me of the history of Silent Hill, awesome!!!

Smirk_small
Bewitched
joined Dec 31, 2020

Every Urasekai Picnic novel reader will agree when I say: READ THE NOVEL! READ THE NOVEL! READ THE NOVEL! It's good, you won't regret it.

The manga is one of the best adaptions I've seen; Eita Mizuno is clearly a big fan of the novels. If you're enjoying the manga, you're pretty much guaranteed to enjoy the novels as well.

dmitry106 Uploader
Subtext Only Translations
joined Nov 24, 2020

I have read LN and manga and find the manga a very good adaptation. The same can't be said for the anime sadly. I don't think you can really go wrong with the LN or Manga adaption.

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

The anime is good so far but it's skipping a bunch of stuff so I think even if you start there, you'll want to make time for the manga.

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

i love how badly toriko just wants to flirt all day long. i think they’ve earned some yuri fluff lol

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

This manga is literally the best adpotion of the LN. The anime ain't that bad, it's just that the manga is that good it sets the bar really high.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

This kinda remind me of the game "STALKER shadow of Chernobyl" due to the bolt throwing mechanic.

And both of them got it from A Roadside Picnic.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Started reading because the title reminded me of Roadside Picnic and... this is just an awkward knock-off. It lifts certain concepts wholesale and tries to mix it with probably the authors own style, but it's very lacking. I think I would've enjoyed it more if embraced it's adventurous tone and if there was less gun fetishims and references to the original. That the yuri is rather absent as of now also doesn't help - if it was knock-off Roadside Picnic but with big fat yuri everywhere, it would be way more enjoyable.

More things should lift from Roadside Picnic and STALKER, not less. Make it a genre like how Star Wars made the space opera, the Southern Reach trilogy was a great take on Roadside Picnics ideas and so is this

last edited at Feb 2, 2021 12:05AM

20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

Sorawo: Do you always sleep naked
Toriko: Yes
Future-Sorawo and the fandom: Heck yeah!

I don't apologize for my bad joke

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

I like this manga. The art kinda reminds me of Image Comics style. This manga deserves a lot of praise imo.

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Volume 1:
File 1: Kunekune Hunting
File 2: Hasshaku-sama Survival
File 3: Station February
File 4: Time, Space, and a Middle-aged Man

Volume 2
File 5: The Operation to Rescue the U.S. Forces at Kisaragi Station
File 6: Resort Night at the Beach of the End
File 7: Attack of the Ninja Cats
File 8: Little Bird in a Box

Volume 1:
File 1: Kunekune Hunting
File 2: Hasshaku-sama Survival
File 3: Station February
File 4: Time, Space, and a Middle-aged Man

Volume 2
File 5: The Operation to Rescue the U.S. Forces at Kisaragi Station
File 6: Resort Night at the Beach of the End
File 7: Attack of the Ninja Cats
File 8: Little Bird in a Box

The next three chapters are so damn good, just non stop goodness

last edited at Feb 4, 2021 7:30AM by

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I like how the second floor of the beach house isn't actually sealed off, but the threatening aura of the dining trays stacked on the stairs is too powerful, so they just don't bother trying to go further up. It reminds me of the bizarre ways areas can be blocked off in some horror adventure games.

last edited at Feb 4, 2021 9:16PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I like how the second floor of the beach house isn't actually sealed off, but the threatening aura of the dining trays stacked on the stairs is too powerful, so they just don't bother trying to go further up. It reminds me of the bizarre ways areas can be blocked off in some horror adventure games.

I was reading about that just the other day...

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

This is my two favorite J-genres - girls with guns and horror. I've enjoyed the manga, it's been legit scary in parts, but have generally found the anime to be lackluster. It doesn't do as good of a job selling to horror aspect, imho - especially in the early episodes. I'm not sure if it's budget or a lack of skill in composing the story boards or what.

last edited at Feb 7, 2021 9:17AM

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Re-read this in manga format feel amazing, the artist really knows what they are conveying.
The anime was quite a let down tbh. I was hoping it would be a horror, psych anime with yuri sub-plot. But nope, it full vrooms the yuri :v

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 9:12PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

The light novel is the source material for this story and it's my favorite version although I have to give credit where its due when it comes to the manga adaption. The anime not so much. You can pick the LN up at Jnovel. The digital copies from them are DRM free which is always nice.

last edited at Feb 10, 2021 1:49AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Angura People Summer Holiday is a real song, performed by Kenji Ohtsuki: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_x5-y8_9Bk

last edited at Feb 10, 2021 9:10AM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Our heroines seem to have wandered into a different genre altogether in this arc... though of course there are reminders every so often of where they really are.

By the way, I'm surprised that Bikini Girls With Guns isn't a subtrope. No, not of Cosmic Horror...

joined Jan 21, 2015

If anyone needs the full-size scans for one or more of these bonuses, if you want to make them into a cool wallpaper or something, let me know in this thread. I resized them for the upload so they wouldn't take forever to load.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Re-read this in manga format feel amazing, the artist really knows what they are conveying.
The anime was quite a let down tbh. I was hoping it would be a horror, psych anime with yuri sub-plot. But nope, it full vrooms the yuri :v

The manga definitely sells the horror better than the anime. Episode 5 was the one that seemed the best so far (but I could be bias because that's my favorite arc so far, also they gave it more room to breath by not trying to cram everything in one episode), maybe it'll pick up?

To reply you must either login or sign up.