Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Welcome to the new Help thread!

In this thread, any and all suggestions for the Reader are welcome. Any reports of forum misdeeds or questions regarding forum moderation are welcome. Any scanlation updates or fixes are welcome.

Please familiarise yourself with the Forum Rules, which have been revised as of today.

If you're new or otherwise unfamiliar, I highly recommend checking out the variety of user-made tools for the site, they can be found in the Userscripts Masterpost.

Before posting a suggestion or asking for help, please consider reading the FAQ below and the Markdown Guide. The FAQ does list most of the common problems and questions, and answers already provided there.

This thread succeeds Suggestions for Improvement V3, Forum Rules and Scanlation Errors Fixed. Ideally, posts made in those threads in the past should be directed here from now on.

If you've previously shared a scanlation fix that was not addressed, please repost it here. If you made a suggestion in the last ~6 months that was never addressed please allow us some patience as we work our way through the backlog. I will post replies to those suggestions in that thread, or bring it up here for further discussion if it warrants such treatment.

last edited at Jan 7, 2021 2:24PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Frequently Asked Questions, Bugs, Etc.

Bugs

1. When using an adblocker or Ghostery, the Lists feature may not work as intended. You may disable those services on the site - we don't run ads and never will. If you wish to keep those services enabled, opening the desired list button as a new tab will allow chapters to be added to a list.

2. It is possible for new accounts to get caught in the spam filter when they use the "Preview Post" button too frequently on a single post, or use certain phrases. If you have trouble with this, please contact us and we'll get you sorted.

3. In rare circumstances, the blacklist / whitelist feature can have unexpected consequences. Please contact us if you have troubles with this feature.

4. For technical reasons, the linkback from a forum thread to its linked manga is unavailable when not logged into the site. This is not a bug.

FAQ

How do I delete my account?

Please post in the Help thread, and we will take care of you.

I know a manga or image that should be on the site, how do I upload?

You may use the Upload Request feature - also available in the dropdown menu by your username - for any work you believe belongs on the site, and we will review and (if approved) add the suggestion when possible. Please note in your request if you are the artist/commissioner/translator, etc. as this will speed up our process significantly (you do not need to do this if your username makes this obvious).

Will I receive feedback on my upload requests / tag suggestions?

Unfortunately due to a variety of factors, we are unable to easily respond to individual upload requests or tag suggestions. If your request has not made it onto the site within a few weeks, any user is welcome to broach those topics in the Help thread. Should you wish for a more private setting, you may reach out via email or on Discord. I am always available for dm at Orange Pekoe#0863, or you may highlight me in any channel within the Dynasty Discord Server

This story is missing a tag!

We do our best to be clear and consistent in our tagging choices, but we do miss things from time to time. Tag requests or discussion within a chapter's thread are acceptable to a point, but these will not be immediately sent to us for review. Please use the tag suggestion feature shown below if you feel an entry is missing something. If it is not replied to in a timely manner, you may wish to post the suggestion in the Help thread.

Can I search for two tags at once?

Yes, you may. Click the search field and hit enter, or use this link.

Is it possible to search the forum?

You cannot search the forum directly, but you may use Google, by typing "site:dynasty-scans.com" (remove the quotation marks) at the beginning of your search. Or use this template.

Why is my favourite series still on the Reader even though it was licensed?

Any work licensed in the US will be removed at the discretion of the publisher(s) and scanlation team(s) involved. Works that lack a scanlation until after the manga has been licensed are not typically uploaded, but exceptions may be made.

Is it possible to sort manga by rating/views/etc.?

No, we do not offer public data of that nature. You may wish to visit the Recommendations Thread for recommendations.

I want to be more involved in the community!

We have an off-topic thread for any use, the Dynasty Cafe, and we also have a Discord server, as previously mentioned. Feel free to drop into either any time!

Site Navigation

Certain chapters will be in a long strip format rather than a page-by-page format. Please use the Resize button in the top-right of the screen to read these.

The site has an in-built Lists feature to help you keep track of what you're reading and categorise it as desired. This feature may be accessed on desktop and mobile, as shown below.

If you do not enjoy certain content and do not wish to interact with it at all, the site does offer a blacklist feature. You may blacklist up to 5 tags; blacklisting will remove them from the front page, though you will still see these tags in searches. You may access the blacklist feature like so:

last edited at Oct 14, 2021 5:11PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Some notes on tagging

On the distinction between Yuri and Futanari

Tags are a means of categorizing content on the site such that it is easier to find what one wishes to find, and avoid what one wishes to avoid. In general, we do not mix the Futanari and Transgender tags. In general, we do not mix the Yuri and Futanari tags, unless both are separately present. This does not mean that women with penises do not exist. However, we draw a distinction between Futanari as a genre and Yuri that simply happens to have a Transgender character.

Futanari may be appealing to some trans readers, but it is also unappealing to many others. Futanari as a genre tends to differ rather greatly from the Yuri genre, or more nuanced and grounded stories that may appear in the Transgender tag. By treating these genres distinctly, we are able to more accurately portray the contents of a given story. If you, the reader, wish to consider Futanari equivalent to Yuri, or Transgender, or both, you are more than welcome to do so.

As always, there will be exceptions. Some stories may exist that bridge the gap(s) between the two genres, and those stories will be tagged appropriately.

On tag suggestions:

Certain tags, like Rape and Violence are meant to warn readers of story elements they do not wish to see. These ought to be tagged even if a story contains only small amounts of them, given that seeing them may be sufficiently unpleasant for many readers.

Other tags, like Bisexual and Bath are meant to describe story elements that appear in a meaningful way. A bath being present for 1 page in a 20 page manga hardly qualifies said manga for the Bath tag. This tag is better used in onsen, public bathing, or stories in which the bath itself is of other significant relevance. A girl having dated a boy once or making a single comment in a 20 page manga that "this is her first time with a girl" hardly qualifies said manga for the Bisexual tag. This tag should describe characters who earn the tag with their actions or communicate their identity through their words.

In sum, we are less interested in the technical definition of the tag, and more interested in providing suitably curated content to folks interested in those tags in the first place.

A note on rule application for past events

Rules are only considered as being in effect from the date that they are codified in the Rules thread. Past offences previously not codified are not and will never be considered when weighing disciplinary action. However, in some rare cases, certain past posts may be removed upon review of their respective threads. This is not a statement about any individual users' posting habits, or a judgement of them as a person. Rather, we find it preferable to remove the most blatant forms of toxicity when we encounter it, regardless of the post's age or the poster in question. You may refer to two examples here and here. Thank you.

last edited at Mar 14, 2021 11:43PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I'd keep my eye on this one just in case.

And they've edited in the link. The title of the manga is "Kaede Akamatsu's Survival Guide", so of course they're promoting waterproof flashlights...

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

So I tried downloading the "Dynasty Thingifier". However, my PC gave me a Windows Script Host saying "Microsoft JScript Compilation Error". What do I do?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Roshi710 posted:

So I tried downloading the "Dynasty Thingifier". However, my PC gave me a Windows Script Host saying "Microsoft JScript Compilation Error". What do I do?

Did you make sure to install Tampermonkey first? Because that extension is absolutely vital to userscripts working. You can find it here.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Roshi710 posted:

Did you make sure to install Tampermonkey first? Because that extension is absolutely vital to userscripts working. You can find it here.

On no I didn’t do that. Thank you!

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Since you bumped up the number of images, it seems you have a counting issue with the number of pages on individual image pages:
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/kougi_hiroshi/images
Shows there are 3 pages at the bottom, but on page 2 it says there are 2.
Some calcs are probably using the old image/page count. Though it does seem to do the right thing when clicking the <- link on page 2 to go back to page 1.

38480014_1294573784011995_381968514128281600_n
joined Mar 29, 2017

So is there actually a way to blacklist Doujins in general? cause i don't really read yuri doujin that the source material i don't really follow. but since there's no tag for doujin i kinda clueless on how to filter them from other original manga

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

Is there no way to prevent this?

Took care of all of these bots. To answer your question here though, not really. Plenty of spambots act similar enough to actual users that antispam measures will miss them. And even worse are the ones where it's not actually a bot but a person doing the job of a bot. Those are more difficult to detect automatically.

faiz_a3 posted:

So is there actually a way to blacklist Doujins in general? cause i don't really read yuri doujin that the source material i don't really follow. but since there's no tag for doujin i kinda clueless on how to filter them from other original manga

To my knowledge, there is no realistic way to do this. All the doujin tags are separate tags instead of a global entry that can be blacklisted. If you can blacklist an unlimited amount of tags (which I'm not sure the case. The edit profile page doesn't state a limit but I'm pretty sure one has been mentioned on the forums before) then you could add them all manually but that'd be quite tedious.

last edited at Jan 11, 2021 10:00AM

joined Sep 19, 2020

Hi! I kinda translated a little onwards 1 abandoned manga:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/and_kaede_blooms_gorgeously
this one. How do i upload chapters?

last edited at Jan 11, 2021 11:39AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

OurDespair posted:

Hi! I kinda translated a little onwards 1 abandoned manga:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/and_kaede_blooms_gorgeously
this one. How do i upload chapters?

Click your name in the top right of the page and then the "Upload Request" link.

Throbelisk posted:

This is word-for-word the same message as a post you just deleted, but they haven't updated the post with a link yet.

Looks like someone's gotten to it already.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Strongly suspect this one's a bot, but I honestly have no idea what they're planning to link to in a thread titled "Lion and Moose." Canadian safaris, maybe?

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Strongly suspect this one's a bot, but I honestly have no idea what they're planning to link to in a thread titled "Lion and Moose." Canadian safaris, maybe?

Confidence level now 99.99% based on their second post. It might seem superficially more relevant, but that's only because it's quoting an existing post in the same thread. Which was already targeted at least once.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

^ But what's their game? They haven't provided any links that would make one assume they're advertising.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

^ But what's their game? They haven't provided any links that would make one assume they're advertising.

If it's a bot, it's a weird class of bots that comes back later on to edit in advertising links. It's strange because you'd think advertising like that wouldn't even be effective in the first place but it seems to be one of the most common kinds of bots that hits Dynasty. We tend to wait to see if a link gets edited in before banning these types though because occasionally they turn out to be a user who either doesn't speak English well or just has a habit of posting very strangely.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017
2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

This one made an entire thread that screamed out. Looks like some of them don't even try.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I posted some information about various artists in their discussion threads, but it looks like it went under the radar, so here's a summary.

Ohagi-san
Fuminonagi
Tatsubon

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Oops, double post. Different topic, though.

As previously noted, this chapter is miscategorised. Rather than being untitled, its title is "Untitled." (Perhaps "Unnamed," as given here, would have been a better translation? Less confusing, anyway.)

While we're at it... there's a case to be made for changing the "title" of this untitled chapter to something like "Untitled Ymir-Christa Manga," since it does actually say "YumiKuri Manga" (though untranslated) on the first page.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks for all that (and to those above). Well, I immediately and got myself sick, so I'm a bit behind again. I'll get to everything posted when able!

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I think we might be doing self insertion wrong.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I'm getting déjà-vu.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Lizbo posted:

I think we might be doing self insertion wrong.

I wrote a bunch on this, but I deleted it. After thinking and a little review, this tag is being used for two separate phenomena. I'll take a more comprehensive look and see what we can do about it.

last edited at Jan 19, 2021 9:35PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.