Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm going to share another Vtuber but please! I beg of you, if you know, you know, don't bring anything up and be supportive like any other while you're there: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7YXqPO3eUnxbJ6rN0z2z1Q
I'm only sharing this because I like her voice and deserves views. It seems she'll stream irregularly on YT for now.
That said, I did a lot of research... I'm not happy about it but I found a lot of good things too. I'm so tempted to share some of the girls because they are very active but that's probably a bit too much.

Anyway! I feel a bit better, Sora said MOTHERFUCKER, and Polka got her 3D debut. It was a good day.

Edit cuz dont feel like posting again:https://mobile.twitter.com/kureijiollie/status/1348226956567871495
Ollie also tricked god Matsuri into marrying her btw.

(Hah! We're comrades in irrelevance! HIGH FIVE!)

(HIGH FI- NO! SOCIAL DISTANCE! wave o/)

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/86876498
Mahou girls PreCure Mirai X Riko

Btw, why is pixiv marking random SFW stuff as sensitive? Doesn't seem to be the yuri tag but idk.

last edited at Jan 10, 2021 8:47AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I don't think there is a "must-tie-fiction-to-reality" crowd. I think there are people with strong feelings about certain subjects, like lolicon, non-con, or class divides. When those subjects have tags, they really don't have a leg to stand on in a comment section, since they were warned beforehand not to even read the thing. But when there are no tags for said subject, and the lack of the subject's prevalence in the media would probably prevent such a tag from ever being created, people should be allowed to voice their displeasure without having passive-aggressive comments, blatant attacks, or labels like "must-tie-fiction-to-reality crowd" thrown at them.

last edited at Jan 10, 2021 8:38AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I don't think there is a "must-tie-fiction-to-reality" crowd. I think there are people with strong feelings about certain subjects, like lolicon, non-con, or class divides. When those subjects have tags, they really don't have a leg to stand on in a comment section, since they were warned beforehand not to even read the thing. But when there are no tags for said subject, and the lack of the subject's prevalence in the media would probably prevent such a tag from ever being created, people should be allowed to voice their displeasure without having passive-aggressive comments, blatant attacks, or labels like "must-tie-fiction-to-reality crowd" thrown at them.

Gratuitous moralist grandstanding - with a side order of bizarre non sequitur soapboxing IIRC - rarely goes over well. Still less when it's basically built on prejudiced fanfiction that outright discards the actual text of the work under discussion.

Complaining About Things You Don't Like is tedious at the best of times. Combining it with pretentious moral high-horsing becomes plain odious.

last edited at Jan 10, 2021 9:48AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

I think a lot of the time when people see others bashing a certain government (or political choice), they mentally include a non-existent part to the person's argument that goes, "but my government actually good," and then proceed as if the person had actually said that. People can criticize the absolutely massive human rights abuses that the Chinese Communist Party has been a part of without having to acknowledge every single time that yes, (insert country here) also has been guilty of them. This invariably leads to whataboutisms, and the conversation goes nowhere, like it did last night. However, I do think it's best never to assume the involvement of even the worst-acting governments unless sufficient evidence has been given to warrant it, and I never did see that in the case in question from the other thread.

Shit like that really pisses me off. I've had foreigners critical of the US government try to pull that crap on me as well as tons of conservatives who deflect away from the GOP and Trump doing shit things with bullshit like "but Obama did bad stuff too!!!" as if that somehow justifies others doing bad things. I'm extremely critical of the US government. A lot more so than any other government since it's kinda the one that affects me most what with being American. And as for using whataboutism to justify shit people doing shit things? That's completely unacceptable as well. Unlike most of those conservatives who seem to be unable to comprehend the fact people might hold their own side to some level of standards, I'm just as critical of Democrats and independents as I am Republicans. If a politician on my side is doing something wrong then I'll be right up there with the conservatives calling for them to be held responsible for their actions because I don't play favorites like that.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Complaining About Things You Don't Like is tedious at the best of times.

I respectfully disagree with you.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Complaining About Things You Don't Like is tedious at the best of times.

I respectfully disagree with you.

I've noticed something of the sort yes.

But there just might exist a teensy-tiny chance that simply harping about how ZYX iS BaD yOu GuIsE might not actually be a recipe for constructive conversation, or getting taken seriously for that matter.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Criticizing how something was done can be interesting and informative.

Just announcing that you didn't like something is kind of masturbatory, a self-gratifying ejaculation of negativity, shitting a bit on people who did like it. (Unless they've been insisting that EVERYONE likes it, in which case they're asking for a rebuttal.)

This is going to sound totally twee of me, but "will what I'm about to do make the world a better place?" is a useful thing to ask. Self-gratifying ejaculations of positivity at least reinforce happiness among fans. Detailed criticism may improve the taste or discernment of readers and creators (though if you find yourself repeating for the third time it's probably time to move on.) "I didn't like it" just makes everyone who did like it feel a bit worse, without providing any useful information.

I make no claim to be perfect; I'm sure I make "I don't like it" or "wtf was that?" comments. But I won't defend that.

And of course I'm talking of non-intrusive art, like manga you have to go out of the way to read. "I don't like it!" in response to giant billboards, or someone's loud music, or coup attempts, is an entirely different matter.

last edited at Jan 10, 2021 2:06PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

This is going to sound totally twee of me

Thank you for teaching me a new word today! Never heard of this one before.

joined Jan 14, 2020

It's useful at times.

Tip: don't read Wind in the Willows right after Watership Down. At least when I did, it made Willows seem very twee by comparison. And I have fond memories of Willows.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Tsubame tip off (basket sports) https://mangadex.org/title/43835/tsubame-tip-off

Thanks for recommending this, Serenata! I'm always on the lookout for sports manga about girls and this one seems pretty good. Hopefully it runs for a few more volumes. Might also check out the poledancing manga some time.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah! I hope it gets at least 5 volumes, let's see if it gets beyond the 3 usual ones (where Japanese companies like to cut them).

PEOPLE ... Nyaa torrent is down.. again... What should we do? is it time to panik?

Edit: apparently is just for America

last edited at Jan 11, 2021 1:41PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I've been trying to figure out who it was that got deleted, but I can't think of anyone that's obviously missing. Has my memory been wiped?

joined Jan 14, 2020

I've been trying to figure out who it was that got deleted, but I can't think of anyone that's obviously missing. Has my memory been wiped?

If you're asking about commenters, there was one in a manga thread who was objecting strenuously to rumors of the Chinese government having curbed the gayness of the "Their Story" manhua. I assume they then flounced and asked for their account to be deleted.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I believe the name was Anjelika.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lizbo posted:

This is a secret but when site staff delete someone's account here, it actually deletes like 99% of peoples' memories of that user too. (It was Anjelika like Throbelisk said.)

joined Jan 14, 2020

Who is Rem?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Hello everyone, nice to meet you! I found this website today! Its weird, I had this tab open somehow...? Huh...
Anyway! I want to share some cute yuri content...Huh...I feel like I've done this before...?

Yeah, there's this fire chicken who loves a shinigami rapper, I know it sounds very weird but trust me! Its cute! The chicken sang a romantic song and teared up after translating it to the fans: https://youtu.be/drH-XSfK_X0

All the TakaMori fanart lately is angst OOF

Oh and HOLY SHIT YGO Abridged is back!

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/72722187
My Hero Academia Momo x Jirou

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Damn it! No one posted after me and I have to break character.

Here's a small channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCqGtqSn0NiOCottKpYwBc4w
She makes music and speaks EN and JP.
She just premiered her cover of Unravel...I think I like it more than Suisei's...send help...

Another cute one but Calli follows her and Bao did a collab with her so this might not be necessary: https://youtube.com/c/RirisyaMusic

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/85607046
K-on! Yui x Azusa

last edited at Jan 13, 2021 8:09AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Being chiken is suffering... You can go back to life but your heart won't heal... sad piano music

Hey I found a new yuri mango https://mangadex.org/title/60259 waiting for translation (must be in pending status atm)

joined Jan 14, 2020

Being chiken is suffering

I think you're talking about something else, but I'm reminded of the fried chicken place I found called "Lucky Chicken".

Not so lucky for the chicken...

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Nobody here but us chikans?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Being chiken is suffering... You can go back to life but your heart won't heal... sad piano music

Hey I found a new yuri mango https://mangadex.org/title/60259 waiting for translation (must be in pending status atm)

Yeah, that's a cute series. It's up the chapter 6 in raws right now, with the first chapter translated here (not sure why it's not on Mangadex)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Norainhere posted:

Yeah, that's a cute series. It's up the chapter 6 in raws right now, with the first chapter translated here (not sure why it's not on Mangadex)

Because translator doesn't mind it being on aggregator sites, but thrown a fit when someone uploaded it to MD, because he doesn't want it to be there and later made this post "explaining" himself, that makes no sense whatsoever. He apparently posts his translation on reddit, waits for people to download it and then deletes them and wants people to just "share between themselves".

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well... The translation is up in MD already and it's CUUUUTEEEEE but warning, it has the usual problems of working in an office too

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Well... The translation is up in MD already and it's CUUUUTEEEEE but warning, it has the usual problems of working in an office too

Well it was already yesterday, but then it got removed, because drama...

To reply you must either login or sign up.