Forum › Nora-san the Tsungire Cat discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Page order was scrambled for the first minute or so of its release, everything should be fixed now. Sorry for the trouble.

Port
joined Jan 23, 2015

Not A Manga

joined Jul 26, 2016

A cat is fine too...

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Cuuuute

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Cute but a little sad the way it seems it's all in her head.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

More Neji is always a good thing

Though I'm curious to see if it's really a supernatural thing or if she's just hallucinating or something like that

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

10/10 authentic cat experience, can confirm.

Fb53fe34d432b0bb93d8e4aa74d71e46
joined Apr 1, 2018

Can't wait for it to end abruptly like most of Neji's other work.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

A lot are jumping on the hallucinations train. It could be but isn't supernatural abilities to see what others can't the bread and butter of neji's works? Personally wouldn't have thought of it that way with this author to be honest.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I like it but manga where something seems like 1 thing to 1 person and something else to everyone else dont make much sense to me- unless you establish one is ONLY an illusion that doesnt match what was there- like if another person tried to touch it the image wouldnt match reality so they dont let someone try to ouch them.. Because only 1 reality can match what is physically there, with both MC and another touching and seeing different it cant both be true.

The kid reaaching for its ear or tail would not find them where they seemed if she was really a catgirl - if she is really a cat, MC couldnt pat her head where it seems to be when she does.

What is meant to happen if the MC and someone else both stroke her head at the same time when neithers reality match up?

The only thing that makes sense is the MC is delusional- but I dont get the impression thats what is meant to be happening.

last edited at Jan 4, 2021 2:21AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

A lot are jumping on the hallucinations train. It could be but isn't supernatural abilities to see what others can't the bread and butter of neji's works? Personally wouldn't have thought of it that way with this author to be honest.

Yeah but if she is percieving a reality that is true, then the kid petting her should not have matched what she or the mother was seeing depending what the kid was seeing. Both visual realities cant both match up to what is seen and what is touched at the same time right?

If the kid was petting a cat girl, to the mom it would look like he was petting thin air above the cat and pulling a tail that wasnt where it should be. If he saw a cat, and could touch it as it seemed to be, to the MC it would look like his hand was going inside the catgirl 'illusion'.. and if she went to pet the cat girl at the same time- what they can both feel its head in different places?

last edited at Jan 4, 2021 2:22AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

TBF the human mind is pretty amazing at bullshitting its way through cognitive dissonance - especially if it's already malfunctioning...

But I have a strong suspicion you've already put a lot more thought into the practicalities of the situation than the author did.

Tumblr_plvohxwphc1ulm2g8_540
joined Sep 25, 2015

Today I learned that I'm unable to look at Nora's hair and not think of Mikasa Ackerman. And I'm okay with that.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I like it but manga where something seems like 1 thing to 1 person and something else to everyone else dont make much sense to me- unless you establish one is ONLY an illusion that doesnt match what was there- like if another person tried to touch it the image wouldnt match reality so they dont let someone try to ouch them.. Because only 1 reality can match what is physically there, with both MC and another touching and seeing different it cant both be true.

The kid reaaching for its ear or tail would not find them where they seemed if she was really a catgirl - if she is really a cat, MC couldnt pat her head where it seems to be when she does.

What is meant to happen if the MC and someone else both stroke her head at the same time when neithers reality match up?

One of the nice things about art is that realism is optional...

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yeah but its telling a story it isnt just art. The story has to be consistant to its reality and make sense if we are to take it as more than nonsensical rubbish.

Realism isnt optional in writing unless you establish why it doesnt have to be, and even then it has to stick to its established rules- and the explanation needs to make sense. We have nothing to go on in regards to how 2 different realities are co-habiting space.

I have no issue with the idea- as long as we get some explanation that matches what we are being told.

last edited at Jan 4, 2021 3:06AM

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

This reminds me of the show Wilfred, where a guy sees a dog as a guy in a dog suit. Which ends up being an hallucination.

I'm thinking this is supernatural, however. Neji loves writing about supernatural stuff, and it being an hallucination wouldn't track with previous stories... Unless Neji is going with something new.

last edited at Jan 4, 2021 3:15AM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

^Yeah but its telling a story it isnt just art. The story has to be consistant to its reality and make sense if we are to take it as more than nonsensical rubbish.

Realism isnt optional in writing unless you establish why it doesnt have to be, and even then it has to stick to its established rules- and the explanation needs to make sense. We have nothing to go on in regards to how 2 different realities are co-habiting space.

I have no issue with the idea- as long as we get some explanation that matches what we are being told.

Oh brother, this website really is a literary brain trust

last edited at Jan 4, 2021 3:24AM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Knowing Neji we’re probably going to get some exposition next chapter about how “magical shape shifting cats choose their partner who is the only one who sees them as their true selves” or something along those lines

last edited at Jan 4, 2021 3:27AM

D4d93d7defd05c7fbedff90b7d82fc4e
joined Sep 26, 2020

This! This is how a cat human should act!!

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_and_Hobbes#Hobbes

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Oh brother, this website really is a literary brain trust

well they have a point. though since this is just the first chapter i'd give it a few more to wait for an explanation before nit picking personally. to some people this kind of thing matter though. the medium allows me to take it less seriously. if it was a book i'd be just as concerned over these points. for w/e reason i must not expect as much out of a manga story than one from a book.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Nora only startet appearing as a person after she entered her home and still looks like a cat in pictures

She is obviously a Vampire, definently not a hallucination

joined Mar 5, 2016

is she really tsungire if she has any dere? but i suppose the dere only needs to be implied...

Images
joined Jun 11, 2020

Bless Neji

Nora only startet appearing as a person after she entered her home and still looks like a cat in pictures

She is obviously a Vampire, definently not a hallucination

I was thinking that. The old saying that “Vampires can only come in if invited” so maybe she transformed into a..cat vampire? But it wouldn’t be the first cat vampire I’ve seen on Dynasty lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.