Forum › Forum Rules

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

I'd like to call attention to this particular user who seems hell-bent on providing nothing but negativity, even on the thread of a series that will no longer be upadated. And in the case of this post may possibly be in need of having further steps taken.

That post you linked is three years old so it's a bit too old to take action over. (Though if anything like that pops up in the future report it. I don't think it's bad enough to be bannable but it's definitely enough for them to be told to knock it off.) Can you elaborate on the stuff here though? It's not a thread I follow so I'm not sure of the full context. What thing are they referring to?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Throbelisk posted:

I'd like to call attention to this particular user who seems hell-bent on providing nothing but negativity, even on the thread of a series that will no longer be upadated. And in the case of this post may possibly be in need of having further steps taken.

That post you linked is three years old so it's a bit too old to take action over. (Though if anything like that pops up in the future report it. I don't think it's bad enough to be bannable but it's definitely enough for them to be told to knock it off.) Can you elaborate on the stuff here though? It's not a thread I follow so I'm not sure of the full context. What thing are they referring to?

The "thing" they're referring to in the thread you mentioned is the series the thread is about. Apparently they don't like the subject matter and took it upon themselves to remind us over and over about it.

last edited at Dec 14, 2020 9:33AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Throbelisk posted:

The "thing" they're referring to in the thread you mentioned is the series the thread is about. Apparently they don't like the subject matter and took it upon themselves to remind us over and over about it.

Alright, I've given him a warning for now. If anyone sees similar behavior in the future, please report it.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Another spam bot. Seriously, you're wasting your time here. The characters in these stories may be in high school, but I guarantee you none of them are ever going to require the use of your assignment-writing service.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Another spam bot. Seriously, you're wasting your time here. The characters in these stories may be in high school, but I guarantee you none of them are ever going to require the use of your assignment-writing service.

Isn't there a pretty common trope with manga and anime characters getting ludicrously bad grades? Like grades so bad, it's suspicious that they even got into a high school in the first place?

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Isn't there a pretty common trope with manga and anime characters getting ludicrously bad grades? Like grades so bad, it's suspicious that they even got into a high school in the first place?

Indeed. It's common enough to span genres, be it shonen or CGDCT. Considering how brutal Japanese exams and education are supposed to be, there's almost certainly an element of wish-fulfilment at work there. But unless that assignment-service comes in the form of a wise loli instructor who's actually 3000 years old and also Chiron, I'm guessing most anime characters wouldn't buy into it.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

...That wasn't quite what I meant.

Anyway, it's back again, once more peddling its service to fictional characters.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Why would fictional characters need an assignment-writing service in the first place?

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

It's quite the persistent little so-and-so.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I thought it was kinda cute.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Alice Cheshire posted:

Rules are for losers. (And people who don't want to get banned/want to keep the community an enjoyable place.)

I was just reading back through the rules discussing something with someone and noticed this post I made. This is a lot more ridiculous now, lol.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Looks like more link spam.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

The lack of relevance to the topic makes me suspect this is spam too, though they didn't post any links this time.

Also, why am I the only one reporting these? Looking at this page, you'd think I was the bot...

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

The lack of relevance to the topic makes me suspect this is spam too, though they didn't post any links this time.

Also, why am I the only one reporting these? Looking at this page, you'd think I was the bot...

That post is relevant to the topic, though.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I got my eye on you... thanks for your service.

That post is relevant to the topic, though.

These are the next-level bots, usually. They make a few posts over the course of days or weeks, then later edit in the links to whatever service they're pushing. Recent examples:

Never going to ban anyone until it's obvious, though.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Now that I look at that thread again, the bot could easily have seen the word "drug" in the title and made that comment based only on that word. Saying something like it did out of the blue does make it seem like it was only picking up on keywords.

last edited at Dec 29, 2020 2:43PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

OrangePekoe posted:

Never going to ban anyone until it's obvious, though.

Though people should definitely report them if they think a new user is a bot so it doesn't slip through the cracks too.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

It's actually pretty interesting. They've posted again, and yet again, while technically on topic, it just seems like it's read the title of the thread and posted based solely on that.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Looks like we've got another one. Starts out innocuous enough and could be talking about the most recently shared subject, but the overwhelming vagueness of their speech combined with sharing that link makes me think it's just a bot.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

^I see you came around to my way of thinking. :)

Anyway, here's another one that latched onto the word "school". Actually, I'll quote it for posterity because it's a bit bonkers:

Now as we all need to try [spam URL] then this will be used for Top Dental Resume Samples & Pro Writing Tips, so we all are up for that. This cna be refered to them later in the coming days of research as we can refer that to them in the following weeks.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Lizbo posted:

^I see you came around to my way of thinking. :)

Anyway, here's another one that latched onto the word "school". Actually, I'll quote it for posterity because it's a bit bonkers:

Now as we all need to try [spam URL] then this will be used for Top Dental Resume Samples & Pro Writing Tips, so we all are up for that. This cna be refered to them later in the coming days of research as we can refer that to them in the following weeks.

Taken care of.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I'd keep my eye on this one just in case.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I think this particular thread may need more attention, and perhaps permanent locking, because a couple people are still posting blatant attacks and passive-aggressive jabs even after they've been told not to.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I think this particular thread may need more attention, and perhaps permanent locking, because a couple people are still posting blatant attacks and passive-aggressive jabs even after they've been told not to.

I don't even understand what you try to reference. None of the message posted after are blatant attacks in any ways.

last edited at Jan 3, 2021 4:46PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.