Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

I was devastated once I found out the name Sean was not pronounced the same as the word bean. sean bean, could have been the greatest

last edited at Dec 18, 2020 9:18AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I was devastated once I found out the name Sean was not pronounced the same as the word bean. sean bean, could have been the greatest

I remember when I found out the same thing. I must have been around 9 or 10, and I was reading an old Bloom County comic compilation that mentioned Sean Penn's rather violent tendencies towards paparazzi in the 80s. I asked my mom who "Seen Penn" was, and she laughed and told me the correct pronunciation. My world was opened just a little bit wider.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

As I understand it, it does actually rhyme in Irish. But he's a Yorkshireman, so...

B1708326-d6a0-40c0-a6ee-1fc46f147837
joined May 25, 2020

I named my band instrument Sean and was very disappointed when I found out I couldn't say "has anyone seen seen?"

X5aa
joined Jul 29, 2019

I remember when I found out the same thing. I must have been around 9 or 10, and I was reading an old Bloom County comic compilation that mentioned Sean Penn's rather violent tendencies towards paparazzi in the 80s. I asked my mom who "Seen Penn" was, and she laughed and told me the correct pronunciation. My world was opened just a little bit wider.

And my world just got opened wider when googling who Sean Penn was and finding out he was in The Little House on the Prairie of all things

As I understand it, it does actually rhyme in Irish. But he's a Yorkshireman, so..

At least props to him that he changed the spelling of his name from Shaun to Sean lololol

I named my band instrument Sean and was very disappointed when I found out I couldn't say "has anyone seen seen?"

To think that there's so many lost opportunities when Sean is pronounced the same as Shaun OTL

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

To think there's so many lost opportunities when Sean is pronounced the same as Shaun OTL

Kinda reminds me of that one joke on Twitter

Shawn: yawns I'm gonna go home
Shaun: yauns Yeah, same
Sean: yeans Me too

Or something like that.

B1708326-d6a0-40c0-a6ee-1fc46f147837
joined May 25, 2020

Sorry to change the topic but one bad gloop and she do what I yoinky

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I really don't quite know how to respond to that video. I'm actually trying to figure out if this is a misheard lyrics thing or if somebody actually programmed them to say...that. Either way, it's hilarious, thank you.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Sean Bean is kind of a confusing name

joined Jan 14, 2020

English spelling is confusing.

This 'misheard lyrics' is much more effective for me. Caramell Dansen. Lyrics start 27 seconds in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miEv85LW2TE

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I still can't hear that song without hearing, "Dance on me balls, cat fucking a handbag."

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Almost 5 hours of TakaMori flirting. I feel great now.

Haachama ate a tarantula...I don't feel so good anymore... She read my comment out loud and now I feel validated

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/86374368
Show by rock Fennery x Zebrina
NSFW

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I love Haachama but I think, is better to stay away from that particular video hahaha
also... Breaking news, EN gen is breaking up?! https://youtu.be/EU7kC9nNu08

joined May 8, 2017

The left stick on my Nintendo switch isn’t working properly. I tried recalibrating it, and the stick wouldn’t let me go up and down the whole way, and the sensor made the dot go up randomly. I tried to play Smash with the up control either not working or glitching and the down control not working most of the time, which is kinda manageable, though my character would attack or jump up by themself.

last edited at Dec 19, 2020 4:49PM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Planned obsolescence and sub-standard parts. Combined with the really sub-human moves they've made lately, I can't see myself ever buying another Nintendo product.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

My PC is over ten years old, and it's never given me any prob

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Had my first actual run-in with a "Covid Carl" today at a Dollar General. Dude screamed at me, "How dare you talk to my wife that way?" when I asked his absent-minded spouse who kept creeping towards me (within 2 feet of me) to please stop. Thankfully the store clerk AND the guy's wife told him to knock it off. What the hell even is this reality?

last edited at Dec 20, 2020 8:08PM

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I really like the Gudako x Van Gogh ship from the recent-ish event in JP. Here's a cute picture of the ship

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

My graphics card is definitely dying RIP.

Shuba Coco meme review made me laugh so hard. I'm glad she's back full power.

The left stick on my Nintendo switch isn’t working properly. I tried recalibrating it, and the stick wouldn’t let me go up and down the whole way, and the sensor made the dot go up randomly. I tried to play Smash with the up control either not working or glitching and the down control not working most of the time, which is kinda manageable, though my character would attack or jump up by themself.

You can either buy a fix kit or a L replacement with no battery (what I did). I heard they didn't want to admit the faulty piece to not lose the court case, still pretty scummy since we still have to just deal with it.

My PC is over ten years old, and it's never given me any prob

You are really lucky.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/86442335
Genshin impact Lumine x Keqing

joined May 8, 2017

You can either buy a fix kit or a L replacement with no battery (what I did). I heard they didn't want to admit the faulty piece to not lose the court case, still pretty scummy since we still have to just deal with it.

Thank you for the advice, Rye!

I still kept on trying to play with it, but I gave up lol.

joined Jan 21, 2015

The last Bloom Into You Sayaka LN is out, I'll need to read all three books one of these days. I've bought them, which is a good first step, but I don't want to go through two books of angst before seeing her happy...

I was bored recently, so I made my first Raspberry Pi project: a media streaming server. Basically a micro-computer that hosts as many video or music files as I want, so I can watch/listen to them from my computer or my phone without the hassle of transferring files. I'm thinking of digitizing some of my DVDs to avoid forgetting what I own and to make it easier to rewatch stuff as I exclusively watch anime on my phone these days.

Sure, it's mostly useless with all the streaming services we have now. But putting it together made me feel productive, which was nice.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I finally finished what is currently available in Subnautica Below Zero. A lot of story details have changed since they decided to re-do the story a few months ago, but the overall objective in the game remains the same. There's no finale yet, as I'm sure they're hashing out the finer points and trying to make it more awe-inducing than the previous game. But I'd say it's about 90% done, with so many building and farming options compared to Subnautica, it can get kind of overwhelming. Definitely worth getting if you enjoyed the first game, or if you enjoy survival games with beautiful and sometimes terrifying scenery and creatures. If survival isn't your thing, you can also play with it off.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

TB posted:

Sure, it's mostly useless with all the streaming services we have now. But putting it together made me feel productive, which was nice.

Even if it ends up going unused, those sorts of projects still count at least a practice for projects that might get used in the future.

joined Jan 21, 2015

^ That's what I'm hoping! Setting up a Raspberry Pi seemed kind of scary, but it was a lot easier than I'd imagined. Maybe in the future I'll read about other projects that'll make me want to try something more complex.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates on December, 25th! May you enjoy the holidays with your close ones!

To reply you must either login or sign up.