Forum › Nisekoi Boyfriend discussion

Lady_grey_spaz
joined Aug 20, 2014

Dang. This was pretty good even though there's the fact that I don't really read yaoi that often, this was cute and adorable.

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

It is a bit a bit uncomfortable for me to read since the love interest is cast as literally a trap: MC's fallen in love with what he thinks is a girl (despite his support of a fantasy version of crossdressers) and oh ho! what will he think when he finds the truth? So wacky, such shenanigans!

But based on a pretty pernicious stereotype of crossdressers and trans women that's a bit hard to shake for the sake of the wackiness, at least for me.

I didn't feel uncomfortable at all reading this?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But based on a pretty pernicious stereotype of crossdressers and trans women that's a bit hard to shake for the sake of the wackiness, at least for me.

I didn't feel uncomfortable at all reading this?

At no point did I say everyone in the world felt that way, or needed to. I thought that "at least for me" was enough of a disclaimer, but apparently not.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

It is a bit a bit uncomfortable for me to read since the love interest is cast as literally a trap: MC's fallen in love with what he thinks is a girl (despite his support of a fantasy version of crossdressers) and oh ho! what will he think when he finds the truth? So wacky, such shenanigans!

Well Megu doesn't really strike me as trans so if anyone reads this and thinks "gosh darn trans people always trying to trap people" it says more about them than the manga. Plus it's pretty much all on Soutarou for taking oblivious to the next dimension.

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

This was pretty funny! This would be the 2nd yaoi I've read and they've both been pretty good.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

But Meguru was open about who he was. Soutarou just lied when he said he knew who Meguru was when he was cross-dressing so it wasn't exactly that Meguru was being dishonest or anything like that. It was Soutarou being too embarrassed to admit that he didn't know.

1-1%20-%20copy
joined Feb 3, 2013

well the updates are pretty fast

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

This misunderstanding lasts for one whole chapter...I hope it doesn't last longer though otherwise this would be better off as a 4 koma style gag Manga.

The mc thinks he's normal and just blends into the background but he's FAR from it lol.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

yeah, i'm very happy i was wrong, even only one chapter more of misunderstanding was senseless

joined Jun 5, 2014

goddess of yuri please forgive me for reading this.. i am sinned

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Is it? It just seems like Satoi enjoys wearing cute clothes and dressing up like that, so he does it, and is happy that Soutarou is (apparently) okay with it. It's not his fault that Soutarou lied about recognising him.

joined Sep 19, 2014

Well I'm not really into yaoi so I was a little reluctant to read this but I must admit I don't regret reading it!!

The main Soutarou was always cute and I also liked both Megu (even though I sometimes forgot that she was a he) and Satoi ^^

But I was also a little disappointed to know from the beginning Satoi's secret the tag kinda spoiled the surprise but it was still a good read and I would like to see more in the futur.

(I don't know why but I also like that guy always saying he didn't say anything XD)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is it? It just seems like Satoi enjoys wearing cute clothes and dressing up like that, so he does it, and is happy that Soutarou is (apparently) okay with it. It's not his fault that Soutarou lied about recognising him.

Looking at chapter 2, it appears the author is indeed aware of those stereotypes. In fact the dudes in the alley are outright demonstrating the assumption that he's doing it to trick people, and Soutarou's initial reaction does as well. It is nice that he gets past that, leaving the door open to what I would assume are hijinks to come.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

The rest of the series is completely unrelated.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Different characters, or just them having an actual relationship (which I'd actually like).

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Looking at chapter 2, it appears the author is indeed aware of those stereotypes. In fact the dudes in the alley are outright demonstrating the assumption that he's doing it to trick people, and Soutarou's initial reaction does as well. It is nice that he gets past that, leaving the door open to what I would assume are hijinks to come.

Yeah. I read it when both chapters were out, but I can see why it might seem that way from the first chapter alone. I'm kinda glad that Satoi is doing it because it's something he legitimately likes to do, rather than because it's what he thinks Soutarou likes. I think it's more adorable that way.

I don't usually read yaoi, though, so I'm unaware if this manga is a special case amongst the genre.

joined Jun 19, 2014

Oh my god...

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Oh that's a shame i was enjoying this. It's different and therefore more memorable from the typical trap yaoi.

Wait
joined Feb 8, 2014

I was kind of nervous about any negative things or anti-trans woman sentiment (which is too common in these sorts of manga honestly.) but it scored pretty well in my book now that I've seen the second chapter. (I was so happy the bad guys didn't bring the T****y word into this.) And the chapters make it pretty clear that he's just a crossdresser and even mentions that he doesn't want to change.

Good job to the author!

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

This is intense.

Lady_grey_spaz
joined Aug 20, 2014

Sex addict and yandere lol

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

WTF WAS THAT ENDING. WTF WAS THAT. WHAT. WHAAT. Keita was a cool character in terms of he wasn't a fan of the girls attention but then at the same time he kind of liked it and didn't take the piss with it, and then he tells him about being bullied and WHAT WHAT ditch all those girls and be with me forever because I've been stalking you and stealing your shit and ITS ALL SO ROMANTIC WHAT WHAT #RAGE #YAOIRAGE

and then whats with the sudden UKE MODE at the end with love hearts and 'this sounds fucking terrifying but if its with him ITS NOT SO BAD' #rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh

these first two chapters were super sweet and then it just goes back to manipulative horrible yaoi where they want to break each other for having slender bodies and stalk them and take advantage of them UGH YAOI WHY MUST YOU MAKE ME HATE YOU

last edited at Nov 19, 2014 3:49AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Why do you insist on posting yaoi on a predominately yuri site? Fuck off nigger

Were you aware you don't have to read 100% of everything that gets posted to the site? If you don't like it, don't click it. Fairly simple solution. Also you said it yourself, predominantly yuri. Not entirely. If you look here you'll see there's three full pages of yaoi stuff on Dynasty. There's also 64 pages of stuff involving hetero relations.

last edited at Nov 19, 2014 4:06AM

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

Jesus that got progressively worse. From mutual manipulative bullshit to pedo to full on crazy asshole. Where did the cuteness go?

I guess yuri tropes aren't all that bad after all...

last edited at Nov 19, 2014 4:41AM

joined Jun 12, 2012

Jesus that got progressively worse. From mutual manipulative bullshit to pedo to full on crazy asshole. Where did the cuteness go?

I guess yuri tropes aren't all that bad after all...

welcome to the world of yaoi

To reply you must either login or sign up.