Forum › School Zone discussion

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

So weird to think that Hiiragi and Tsubaki are both taller than Yatsude

Only physically. Emotionally Yatsude is like 8'2".

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

So weird to think that Hiiragi and Tsubaki are both taller than Yatsude

Only physically. Emotionally Yatsude is like 8'2".

Fun completely irrelevant fact: That's exactly a foot taller than Shaquille O'Neal's physical height!

joined Nov 5, 2018

Those extras fed me so much. Damn this author is so awesome

joined Oct 26, 2020

No translation for recent updates?

joined Mar 31, 2017

No translation for recent updates?

I'm waiting for better raws. Judging by previous release dates, it takes about a month for chapters to come out on Magcomi's site and they should be twice as big as what's out now.

joined Oct 26, 2020

Didn't know that...so, Magcomi did have their own merit. I always wondered why their upload is the latest.

joined Mar 31, 2017

While waiting for new chapters, there's been an interview posted on Magcomi's site: https://magcomi.com/article/entry/research09

For some reason the interviewer really focused on the differences between the schools, which subjects the characters chose and how they scored, so a lot of it is about that. She also said her favorite character is Piyo (impeccable taste) but never asked a question about her, which was a bit disappointing. Here are some highlights:

• Nishitaga High School is not a rich kids' school. Deviation value is around 40-45 (50 is the average).
  • Yokoe apparently played some part in bringing it down a few points. This will be mentioned in a future chapter.
  • Yokoe could be one of the best if she tried as shown by that one accidental score of 98, but she never does unless it's critical to being with Kei-chan.
  • Kei-chan's grades go up and down so they stay average. Yokoe's only seem to go down.
  • Both Kei-chan and Yatsude chose Nishitaga because it's closest to their homes.
  • Yatsude is in the top 10 of Nishitaga (or thereabouts). Went to an underachiever middle school and thought that aiming higher would be a pain. "Bad results" in #68 were bad by her own standards.
  • Something about Kaname being very aware of Yatsude. Declined to join the club because of her but not because she doesn't like Yatsude. Ningiyau said this was bit of a spoiler, but this much can be derived from just the chapter itself, so it sounds like we'll see some backstory about Kaname at some point.
  • Tsubaki and Hiiragi both wanted to go to Seirin Academy, but [REDACTED] and Tsubaki declined, so she went to Nishitaga.
  • Tsubaki and Hiiragi practiced Kendo in middle school. Tsubaki was better at it, which made Hiiragi quit, which made Tsubaki quit, too.
  • Ritsuryou is the Idiot School, the safe backup choice. Dev. value 40 at best.
  • Sakaki seems like a smart honor student, but she's just average among a crowd of idiots.
  • Kei-chan loves art despite being so bad at it.
  • Ningiyau's favorite character by far is Fuji. She absolutely adores her. I think, if she could marry her own creation, she would.
  • Fuji went to the same middle school as Yokoe and Kei-chan but neither of them ever interacted with or noticed her.
  • Yokoe and Kei-chan's characters as leads came about after Fuji's character.
  • First characters conceived of were Akutami-sensei and Hiiragi.
  • Yokoe and Kei-chan were first meant to be secondary characters with the main stage being Ritsuryou.
  • Seirin is the top school in the prefecture with deviation of ~70.

last edited at Nov 15, 2020 7:33PM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

• Ningiyau's favorite character by far is Fuji. She absolutely adores her. I think, if she could marry her own creation, she would.

So in the beginning, all of creation was just Hiiragi's edgy darkness, and then Ningiyau said Let there be therapy and created Akutami-sensei. On the second day, she created Fuji, who was literally perfect. Ningiyau spent the next four days removing virtues from Fuji to make her more human, but this only made her love Fuji more, even though Fuji couldn't actually walk in a straight line by this point. On the seventh day, everyone else was created, and School Zone came into being. All the girls were initially supposed to live in the garden of Yuri, but Ningiyau kicked them out after Yatsude groped Fuji, since she was jealous of Eve (Yokoe) and smaller Eve (Kei). Also, Tsubaki is Jesus, because she suffers for everyone else's sins.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

And Ningiyau said, Let there be light: and there was light. And Ningiyau saw the light, that it was good: and Ningiyau divided the light from the darkness. And Ningiyau called the light Utsugi, and the darkness she called Hiiragi.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kaname doesn't hate Yatsude then? That much makes me happy! Because I'm on board with more crazy interactions between all the characters.

Thanks for the extra information!!

I don't dislike Hiiragi but thank God she wasn't the protagonist hahaha, well, it's more like I'm glad that Kei and Rei aren't side characters

last edited at Nov 16, 2020 3:06PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I feel like Kaname and Yatsude are kinda similar with each other. They both like to meddle with other people's affairs and hide what they are truly thinking behind a facade. So I can imagine that if there is any friction between the two, it is only because they are so alike that they constantly bicker.

joined Oct 26, 2020

So in the beginning, all of creation was just Hiiragi's edgy darkness, and then Ningiyau said Let there be therapy and created Akutami-sensei. On the second day, she created Fuji, who was literally perfect. Ningiyau spent the next four days removing virtues from Fuji to make her more human, but this only made her love Fuji more, even though Fuji couldn't actually walk in a straight line by this point. On the seventh day, everyone else was created, and School Zone came into being. All the girls were initially supposed to live in the garden of Yuri, but Ningiyau kicked them out after Yatsude groped Fuji, since she was jealous of Eve (Yokoe) and smaller Eve (Kei). Also, Tsubaki is Jesus, because she suffers for everyone else's sins.

Perfect sense. And Kaname must be satan because she had snuggled with the snake(Yatsude) before, and tried to tempt Jesus(Tsubaki) later.

last edited at Nov 16, 2020 5:58PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Perfect sense. And Kaname must be satan because she had snuggled with the snake(Yatsude) before, and tried to tempt Jesus(Tsubaki) later.

If Tsubaki is Jesus, then who is Judas?

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

If Tsubaki is Jesus, then who is Judas?

Judas is clearly the large, sweaty Middle-Eastern man who has been creeping around shiftily in the background of every chapter and spilling salt everywhere. You really need to squint to see him, though.

Yatsude_!
joined Jan 13, 2019

Kishiya-san = Ningiyau self-insert?

Itshappening
joined Feb 13, 2013

Those faces I can hardly breath

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Must
Have
Bath Chapter!!!

joined Jul 26, 2016

I see Tsubaki has already learned to pay no heed to the Idiot Couple double act :v

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

I do wonder why Yatsude talks like a southerner...does she have a Kansai Dialect and the Scanlators have translated it with a Southern Accent?

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

How come any time a manga or anime do a seasonal / special one off theme, or holiday special ep, its normally pretty naff and you wish it was just a regular episode?

Of course Yatsude is the one to say it's bath time

joined Mar 31, 2017

I do wonder why Yatsude talks like a southerner...does she have a Kansai Dialect and the Scanlators have translated it with a Southern Accent?

Yeah. That seems to be the standard way, so I went with that.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

EARLY CHRISTMAS

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Is the bath going to be some boiling hot, blood dyed, portal to hell or something?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

The choice of a southern US accent has never made sense to me. Kansai dialect is noticeably faster than others, but southerners talk slower than northerners in the US. The single reasoning I've ever heard is that both Kansai and southern dialects are the second most plentiful as far as the number of people who use them (this was years ago, so those numbers could very well be off now). It would make more sense (to me at least) to use a dialect that replicates the feeling of Kansai, rather than the number of people using it. Something like a Boston accent or New York accent would more accurately convey the fast-paced, pronunciation-bending feel. Being able to consistently convey that through only text would be another matter, though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.