Forum › I'm the Villainess, but the Heroine's Trying to Capture Me?! Anthology discussion

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Interesting

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Since all the stories have separate authors & artists, I wonder if this is a novella collection turned into manga?

Fc30b8c18898ba98167bd0db444c72ba-compressed
joined Sep 25, 2020

Nice. I always hope there were more heroine x villainess story since reading bakarina.

last edited at Nov 3, 2020 9:26AM

Dd20197dc375013dead600935e307fe5_crop
joined Apr 12, 2017

Ohh, I'm excited for this!

joined Apr 6, 2018

YES YES YES YES THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL TROPE.

joined Jul 4, 2015

Who's the cover drawn by?

joined Mar 16, 2018

Yesh! looking forward to the rest of this anthology!

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I need more of this. Desperately.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I Wanted To Create A Story That Would Be Included In An Otome Game Villainess Yuri Themed Anthology, But My Original Proposed Title Failed To Measure Up To The Minimum Length Criterion, So I Was Forced To Add Another Two Paragraphs Of Unnecessary Verbiage That More Or Less Summarized The Entire Plot In Order For It To Be Accepted For Publication.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I Wanted To Create A Story That Would Be Included In An Otome Game Villainess Yuri Themed Anthology, But My Original Proposed Title Failed To Measure Up To The Minimum Length Criterion, So I Was Forced To Add Another Two Paragraphs Of Unnecessary Verbiage That More Or Less Summarized The Entire Plot In Order For It To Be Accepted For Publication.

It's Rather Hilarious How Industry Saturation And Rampant Consumerism Has Taken Us All The Way From Short, Punchy, Memorable Titles To Compressed Wikipedia Articles, All In The Interests Of Helping Folks Pick A Story (That's The Title Of My Otome Isekai Novel About Media Dynamics, Btw, And Yes, The Stuff In The Brackets Is Included).

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Disappointed...

joined Sep 11, 2014

So, only 2 out of 5 stories are really yuri. That's kinda disappointing.

9gamlp01_400x400
joined Jul 29, 2017

The one who wrote that synopsis needs to be fired

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

The one who wrote that synopsis needs to be fired

They'll probably be promoted with how well it was able to bring in the yuri crowd without explicitly promising yuri. If the synopsis given is an accurate translation of the original from the publisher, then yeah, it and the anthology's title are very clearly yuri-bait.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

^Not to mention that it's lying about all the stories having happy endings, for some of the characters at least.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

^Not to mention that it's lying about all the stories having happy endings, for some of the characters at least.

The main character and her friend were happy in the end in that one, and the scheming bitch got what she deserved, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

All 5 chapters are here, but it still says Ongoing. Are there end of volume extras coming?

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I'm also pretty disappointed. I was excited for some yuri isekai stuff, but... only the first story was really yuri since it seemed like the yuri was thrown in at the last second in the second story and then the next stories don't even bother trying. I mean, I didn't bother with the last two stories 'cause of the tags, so I'm not too disappointed, but I still am disappointed. At least there's I Favor The Villainness and the Magical Revolution one, clearly the superior yuri isekai stories (also the only isekai things I've read or watched other than these things, so I guess they're my favorites by default).

last edited at Jan 27, 2021 5:34PM

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

the first one was good, the second one was better and the last one was awesome but just lacking a yuri ending.

3 was good but doesnt really belong in a yuri anthology and 4.... 4 was going so well up until the super lazy and half-assed het ending that really came out of nowhere story wise.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

The main character and her friend were happy in the end in that one, and the scheming bitch got what she deserved, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Well, I feel sorry for poor old scheming bitch-chan. She gets reincarnated as the heroine of an otome game (replacing the original heroine, who abdicated her responsibilities in order to become the villainess's sidekick) and proceeds to enjoy her new life to the fullest, only to be cruelly thwarted in her ambition of creating her reverse harem by Villainess Junior (who doesn't even give a shit about Prince Eugrid or any of the other capture targets), and ends up having an appointment with Jack Ketch. I bet you if she had her time over again, she'd jump out of the way of that truck pretty sharpish.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I'm also pretty disappointed. I was excited for some yuri isekai stuff, but... only the first story was really yuri since it seemed like the yuri was thrown in at the last second in the second story and then the next stories don't even bother trying. I mean, I didn't bother with the last two stories 'cause of the tags, so I'm not too disappointed, but I still am disappointed.

For what it's worth the fifth story seems pretty good

joined Jan 3, 2022

"An anthology featuring a variety of stories with girl x girl relationships, with a focus on Heroine x Villainess!"

Most of the stories not being Heroine x Villainess

5th one was good and so was 4th one, both would've bean leagues better if there was yuri (and feelings of love would really explain why the villainess in the 5th story was so set on sacrificing herself)

3rd was just bad. They all get together despite the heroine not showing interest in either.

Why didn't they just make it Yuri, or not advertise it as girl x girl? Why not say that its an anthology where the heroine and villainess becomes friends.

Bad advertising is why most ppl were mad at the stories

To reply you must either login or sign up.