Forum › Genshin Impact!

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Supposedly this game has already made 50 million. I don't know if I should be happy or sad about this.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Supposedly this game has already made 50 million. I don't know if I should be happy or sad about this.

If it keeps raking it in, we'll probably be seeing a ton more triple A console gacha games in the future. Most people dislike gacha games because they have lackluster and repetitive gameplay, but if you use a well-made world and gameplay loop to get people invested and THEN go for their wallets, it's basically guaranteed cash. I'm surprised nobody's thought of this before, but you can bet this is gonna become a huge trend going forward.

The only real obstacle is the initial cost of production, plus the fact that you'd ideally want to keep minting out more characters with the same basic level of quality in order to maximize profits over a long period. Since you could theoretically just make much bigger profit margins off an easier-to-produce mobile game, it probably doesn't make much sense to pour investments into a triple A gacha game.

If a giant franchise like FGO or FEH used their pre-existing funds to pump out a console gacha while also keeping their mobile games going, or even doing collabs and gifting bonuses to people who got the console versions, they could get even richer, so I can definitely see them going for it. Not sure if there'll be anything like it from Western developers, though.

TL;DR: Waifus shall bring great wealth to our capitalist overlords.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

How, I don't understand. There isn't any part of the gacha aspect that I would want to spend money on.

Whales spend a lot of money to get OP characters and weapons, also I assume a lot of people spent a small amount of money on stuff like the battle pass and monthly card

last edited at Oct 6, 2020 6:35AM by

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

But the battle pass is terrible

What's the monthly card?

last edited at Oct 6, 2020 7:07AM

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Honestly if Genshin Impact wasn't making money back like this, I doubt it'll last for long. IIRC they spent around a hundred million in production for it? That's half their money made back then.

Also the battle pass is honestly good cause it gives a LOT of resources over time. It's recommended to wait till you complete the normal battle pass before buying it at the end though, since it's only really good once you clear all other battle pass levels. The monthly card just gives you 3000 primogems in total in 30 days and costs $5.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kirin posted:

If it keeps raking it in, we'll probably be seeing a ton more triple A console gacha games in the future.

Most triple A games already include loot boxes aka gacha mechanics in the game, so at this point gaming is fucked already anyway.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I somehow didn't see Gendo's post, my mind must have blocked it for lewding our emergency food. I'll add you tomorrow. I'm personally a fan of this: https://youtu.be/V3wjBzlfF8A

-> me still at low level

What battepass?

The montly card is similar to the one in Honkai or AL, it's just some extra premium currency on top of the login bonuses.

I don't plan on spending money anytime soon unless there's an AMAZING paid only deal but with MiHoYos track record, I doubt it.

On the complete opposite note, apparently they are reducing the spark system to 50 rolls which is kinda crazy! That's faster than AK. Of course, the catch is: they could be a weapon drop(?).
So even the horrendous rate doesn't seem too bad since you're guaranteed to get something good.

If a giant franchise like FGO or FEH used their pre-existing funds to pump out a console gacha while also keeping their mobile games going, or even doing collabs and gifting bonuses to people who got the console versions, they could get even richer, so I can definitely see them going for it. Not sure if there'll be anything like it from Western developers, though.

I don't know if I like that idea...they'd have to make it so it's similar to a real FE game and at that point it defeats the purpose of FEH. There was a bonus thingy where you would get M!Byleth in FEH if you bought 3H, is that what you mean? I don't think the devs would want to cross progress or anything like that because they'd just lose money at that point.

FGO could work as a FE or FF Tactics clone but eh they ain't gonna bother.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

FGO could work as a FE or FF Tactics clone but eh they ain't gonna bother.

I mean, why bother investing and developing actually good game, when milking your current players by continuing making half-assed garbage seems to be just as profitable if not more?

last edited at Oct 6, 2020 9:35AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

I wonder when they're gonna release new heroes cause there's one that was in the CBT that hasn't come out yet that I really want. If you've gotten far enough into the story, you would've seen him. Xiao looks like he'd be really fun to play. He also looks cool, which is something I can't say about most of the characters of Genshin Impact tbh. The only designs I really like are Beidou, Xiao, and Ningguang. The rest just feel eh to me.

Also, I'm currently building Xiangling as my main dps so it won't be hard to switch over to Xiao when he comes out. Gonna save everything starting from now for his banner so hopefully I get him.

last edited at Oct 6, 2020 9:24PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I've been having a lot of fun with this; I never played BOTW or any similar games so this type of open world exploration game is pretty new to me. My UID is 600702370 if anyone wants to add me, though I'm pretty low-leveled due to my college semester starting and I won't be available for Co-Op much.

Also, random ship things I've seen:
* Jean x Lisa picture
* NSFW Paimon x Traveller picture (Insert "eating Paimon" joke here)
* Ningguang's interesting finger-claw-thing arrangement

joined Jul 26, 2016

though I'm pretty low-leveled due to my college semester starting and I won't be available for Co-Op much.

Get on my level, I haven't even started playing the game yet (╥﹏╥)

(Been busy getting my apartement back into habitable order after the building's mid-life refurbishements)

last edited at Oct 7, 2020 6:52AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Try to at least reach AR 20 before the next patch to get Barbara for free.

:Stare

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011
Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

So how much of this game can you 'solo'? I never care about larger/end game raid content in MMOs but i'm most happy for games like Division 2 where things can be balanced to take them on as a solo player.

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

So far I haven't seen anything strictly co-op in the game. Its more like Dark Souls where other people join your world and monsters get a little bit more HP to compensate.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

So how much of this game can you 'solo'? I never care about larger/end game raid content in MMOs but i'm most happy for games like Division 2 where things can be balanced to take them on as a solo player.

You can fun it for youself

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

You can fun it for youself

YAEH!

Edit: Also what's this from

last edited at Oct 7, 2020 12:12PM

GendoIkari Uploader
joined Jul 26, 2020

I've solo'ed everything so far and I'm at AR 32. I've been able to beat every boss by myself and honestly the only "hard" content of the game is Abyss, which is solo only anyways.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

So how much of this game can you 'solo'?

This is basically a single-player game. Coop is completely optional, and that's how I'm playing it.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Almost everyone I've talked to who's playing this is sololivin' it hard. Guess we're all introverts in the end lol.

I bet there'll be more co-op centric content in thr future.

Man, I've been staring at so much ass while gliding that I don't even know what a butt is anymore

joined Jul 26, 2020

^ I have Jean and she's wearing what's basically equivalent to yoga pants. Like okay cool, I can see her entire ass with all the contours. Thanks game, really appreciate that. /s

Honestly the fanservice isn't as bad as it could be, but it's still annoying nonetheless. I'm way more into tasteful cool/beautiful aesthetics than blatant fanservice, but there's just not as many characters that fit the aesthetic I like. It ended up being like most games where I prefer the male characters' designs over the female characters.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Man, I've been staring at so much ass while gliding that I don't even know what a butt is anymore

I remember the $20 revealing loli swimsuit from Honkey Impact.
We can only hope that they make the revealing loli swimsuits more reasonably priced in this.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Oh yeah, to anyone who is short on Mora: once you reach Liyue harbor, climb the stairs near the souvenir shop and go into the Northlander Bank. Once you go up the stairs, you'll see a huge treasure chest. Open it and bam, that's 200,000 free Mora.

To reply you must either login or sign up.