Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

joined Sep 22, 2015

...this didn't exactly come out of nowhere...
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch02#15

Woah! And this was in chapter 2?? Gosh.. I felt Kurokawa being weird was so out of the blue in this latest chapter, until you pointed out that past scene. It seems Kurokawa's already been established as a character with obsessive tendencies from the beginning then! I guess we have honestly forgotten her dark creepy side since her aesthetic transformation. Well, I sure did! Thanks for pointing that out!

And I actually didn't mind the new guy, although it was so trope-y as a plot device. Ajichi handled the Izumi confession so unexpectedly well that I'm willing to see more on how they will handle Kurokawa's creepy tendency. I hope it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Imageedit_11_5472942776
joined Apr 30, 2018

im rereading this series rn and it turns out kurokawa always had that vibe i can't believe i forgot

Imageedit_11_5472942776
joined Apr 30, 2018

im rereading this series rn and it turns out kurokawa always had that vibe i can't believe i forgot

same goes for fujishiro's reaction in the last panel of the latest chapter

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Wait, is Kuro much more self aware than I thought? She always acted as if she never had any feelings and was just a really good friend (or felt like she could never compare), but I suppose that was the idea.

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

It seems like Kuro really kept that “I’m not equal” vibe the entire time. Like Kuro is Fujishiro’s stan.
So Fujishiro is the only one to do most of the emotional moving since the beginning. Feels like she’ll stress herself out from having to try to get closer to one of her “stans”. And Kuro tries to prevent her princess from burning out, but doesn’t realize her stan mentality is what causes the stress.

They’ll need lots of going back and forth with this issue. I want the ship to sail but it’s going to need lots of mental therapy and confidence building to go anywhere.

last edited at Sep 5, 2020 2:22AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Happy Birthday, Nanaki! ^_^

joined Apr 2, 2013

Kurokawa really should try to clear up the misunderstanding that Fujishiro has. Fujishiro really will get in a lonely corner by herself.
I guess maybe Kurokawa’s secret desire (to be a princess like Fujishiro or more equal) might be why Kurokawa hasn’t cleared up anything. Or is it that Kurokawa knows how bad of a stan she is that she knows that clearing up the misunderstanding means showing your princess how “ugly” you are inside. Well a mixture of both probably takes the cake for why Kurokawa is also a useless protagonist princess.

joined Apr 2, 2013

It’s interesting how my perspective on this story changed after I started reading more web novels starting with “I Favor the Villainess” or like “Bakarina” around October 2019 vs the start of this manga in 2018.

Kurokawa is like the “normal peon girl” who on one hand wishes to be a princess but obviously fangirl stans the story princess and even the “villainess noble girls”.
Fujishiro is like the “villainess noble girl” but she suddenly gains awareness when she realizes that Kurokawa is not as “ugly and flat” as Kurokawa appears.
Miku is your typical lackey fangirl that hates Kurokawa for breathing the same air as Fujishiro and even “breaking” the pecking order.
Izumi is your typical useless lesbian prince that more or less has a different relationship outcome thanks to Kurokawa’s “involvement”.
Yo-Chan and “the girls” are your typical otaku girl group that doesn’t realize Kurokawa is also an extreme “villainess noble girls” stan.
Iroha is like Yo-Chan except she helps show more perspectives of Kurokawa’s stan-ing. She also gets to pursue the useless lesbian prince thanks to Kurokawa’s involvement.

More or less, we knew that Fushijishiro was going to realize she was going to be alone and feeling depressingly lonely from hanging out with her initial group of friends who kept their distance. Fujishiro just happens to realize this now rather than in another 10-20 years thanks to Kurokawa’s falling out of the closet.

Now we will see how Fujishiro’s awareness changes as we now have a guy approaching Kurokawa Vs when the guy left Fujishiro.

last edited at Sep 5, 2020 11:24AM

joined Apr 2, 2013

Kurokawa will get her “princess moment” and I predict that she will give that up and reaffirm her resolve to Stan for Fujishiro.
As for Fujishiro, I just hope she finds a way to positively change Kurokawa from being a Stan to being a real friend, plus or minus a make a yuri ship with Kurokawa as bonus.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Nail polish?! Bitch I wanted gay mangas!!!!

Kurokawa’s falling out of the closet.

Things like that always make me giggle, also happy birthday Fujishiro!!!

last edited at Sep 5, 2020 9:38PM by

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Good, another mark for the yuri trope checklist.

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Anyone else's heart kinda explode when Izumi told those boys to back off.
Just me? Alright..

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

Fujishiro's heart kinda exploded too in that last scene

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Just me? Alright..

Saaame - Iroha certainly thinks so, too.
Izumi’s instant charisma break the next page makes it even better lol

last edited at Sep 19, 2020 7:45PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Just me? Alright..

You're not alone, it was kinda cool actually....

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

This manga is getting better and better. Yeah, this is guy arc is cliche, but it helps us see the first step of Fujishiro realizing her feelings for Kurokawa.
I also feel sorry for her because she seemed very off tbh. Wonder if a crazy inside her awakens now, just like it did with Izumi and Kurokawa.

I just hate how we have to wait for a month again. I can't exactly pinpoint the reason why, but this manga has the ability to pass through real emotions to the reader. It's probably one of the situations where the author is actually feeling while writing it.

last edited at Sep 19, 2020 7:52PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Yeah, this is guy arc is cliche, but it helps us see the first step of Fujishiro realizing her feelings for Kurokawa.

Can't we do without it tho ? We already had the Izumi arc for that and she only manage to pull off the "Best friends" cards. And the problem is not even her feelings, the problem is Kurokawa self-confidence being lower than the Mariana Trench.As for now, she will probably reject it because she think she is not worthy of Fujishiro.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Can't we do without it tho ? We already had the Izumi arc for that and she only manage to pull off the "Best friends" cards.

It takes time to develop a character. You can't have everything very fast. I personally like slow burns, so little steps like that and the angst that come with it are exactly the reason why I read these stories.
Now there are also stories like Hana Ni Arashi where the mains start to date very fast, and that's another category. But the whole point of drama like this is because some readers actually like it this way.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It takes time to develop a character.

So much that Kurokawa barely change since the start.The problem with slow burn is that at some point, lot of peoples are just frustrated and bored because we pass 5/6 chapters on a drama to barely move the relation.

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

PLEASE LEt Aki-kun be gay and have his own boys only harem

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Based Masumi, that page could be a new reference, however, the boys part are giving me nervouness

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Nice, everyone needs a little push

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

PLEASE LEt Aki-kun be gay and have his own boys only harem

glad someone thought this too lol

joined Aug 2, 2018

Just me? Alright..

“Sorry boys.” xD My fav frame this chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.