Forum › Gunbured x Sisters discussion

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Low key I'm actually starting to get invested in this story, and not just cause of the ecchi (though I certainly won't say no)

joined Feb 13, 2020

It’s always the holy ones that are freaky. Learned that first hand from Angie Yonaga

joined Mar 8, 2016

As far as I can tell, "Noel" is a genderless name. Wikipedia confirms it's used for boys and girls, and I've seen several Japanese characters named Noel who spelled it like that as well. It's also easier to typeset, being shorter (longer names can run into trouble in smaller bubbles)

There are specifically female variations on the name, with Noelle being one of them (particularly in French), but because this is a work of fiction not explicitly set in any one country, I'm gonna go with Noel for now.

I'll change it should the author give an official romanization of her name.

Your call of course. I'm familiar with the Christmas connotation and pronunciation of the word, but I every "Noel" I've ever known is male and pronounces it "ノール". What can I say but "language is weird. "

joined Mar 8, 2016

Oh, also, I think the word in the title is supposed to be "Gunblade," in reference to Maria's absurd half-gun half-sword superweapon.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

I am actually here for the plot. The ecchi is just a bonus.

Personally I only began reading because of the great fucking action, but now i'm actually quite hooked on to this series, and yeah the ecchi is kind of like an extra bonus.

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Oh, also, I think the word in the title is supposed to be "Gunblade," in reference to Maria's absurd half-gun half-sword superweapon.

It's not I'm pretty sure. Blade is ブレード, but the title has バレッド. The author himself spells it as "gunbured", with "red" highlighted in red, likely a reference to "red sisters", and I think the first half is meant to come from gun bullet.

In other news, cause I don't have anywhere else to share this and figured someone here might care, volume 2 is coming out soon, and to my surprise it is coming with comments from Akasaka Aka on the obi (the little jacket on physical manga), author of Kaguya-sama: Love is War. The comments by Aka state Mitogawa Wataru has been his friend for 10 years now, since the time they were both assistants, and he says the one thing that hasn't changed is Mitogawa's fetishes for strong women. I was really surprised to see the two are long time friends, but it's great to see Aka endorsing this manga.

Oh and of course enjoy chapter 4, cause now we finally have a plot going on in this craziness!

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 2:37PM

I really love this story I’m so glad I decided to give it a read. The plot is nothing unique but it works with Dorothy and Maria’s dynamic, since they’re just using each other. Honestly, this is what I thought I’d be watching when I watched ‘Seven Mortal Sins’ which was one breast shot short of a Hentai. I’m all for smutty anime/manga with a decent plot. But Seven Mortal Sins was just horribleee. But I love this. Subscribed and liked.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So Bured is botched romanisation for Bullet?

Or is it Bored, as in Riffle Bored gun

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 6:10PM

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

the runner vampire kinda gave me pillar man vibes

joined May 1, 2015

This is now my favorite action manga.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I really appreciate all the work being put into this series by the scanlators! It's a really fun story to read.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Action gets better by the chapter, I nearly shed a tear.

joined Oct 13, 2014

"going for a walk" flashed back to hellsing abridged

joined Aug 21, 2017

Damn that guy had some dummy thicc thighs

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Action yuri! :D

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Damn that guy had some dummy thicc thighs

Those are Ripped

Dorothea is Dummy Thicc

joined Mar 8, 2016

It's not I'm pretty sure. Blade is ブレード, but the title has バレッド. The author himself spells it as "gunbured", with "red" highlighted in red, likely a reference to "red sisters", and I think the first half is meant to come from gun bullet.

Interesting, thank you for the details. The whole katakana transliteration of "bullet" causes problems anyway (see: Yurikuma Arashi, and even FF7), but adding some wordplay on top of it? Crazy mangaka. :p

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

What if it's also ガンバレ (ganbare) in ガンバレッド (ganbareddo / gunbured)? lol

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

Note we started including the illustrations the author posted on twitter for each chapter at the end now. here are the ones for chapters 1-4 which have been retroactively added to the previous chapters.

joined Feb 24, 2019

Excellent chapter. Amazing humor and tension. I love Maria's faces throughout this one and of course Dolores's map was a highlight.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

What is it with edgy ecchi and church being commonly used together themes?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Ah yes Pope. A wise decision to threaten your badass daughter and potentially turn her into an enemy.

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

What is it with edgy ecchi and church being commonly used together themes?

Probably because it's fun to subvert expectations by seeing something that is usually one way become the exact opposite. This is also known as gap moe.

joined Aug 21, 2017

The interactions between the characters are great. I really like the Priest's design and his weapon. The bug vampire is an interesting step too. This manga is actually pretty good.

joined May 1, 2015

Honestly, this just keeps getting better and better. That priest that looks like Jesus with a skull rod is just hillarious.
So Dorothy is from Spanish decent, no wonder she is so thicc.

To reply you must either login or sign up.