Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

67796623_2919817304757747_5022259989704605696_n
joined Jun 2, 2019

y'all I thought Heidi will sort of make non-chan realize her feeling in https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch82#11 lol
I mean that pretty much shows that non-chan is in love yknow

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Daga Otoko Da

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch82#14
"Non-chan is speaking with HER so normally"
So pretty much trans.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Ummm where is the idea that she is a transwoman coming from? Does yukata have a symbolic meaning I am not aware of?

Or is it the hands?

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 2:38PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch82#14
"Non-chan is speaking with HER so normally"
So pretty much trans.

Or translation error, or translation choice about a gender-neutral sentence. I would be curious as to the original Japanese, or to Japanese conventions for referring to drag queens.

joined Jul 26, 2019

I'm not sure that shino appreciates even if it's positive for nozomi ... I feel that jealousy will happen especially if nozomi decides to go to the cinema or to come out with the girl ^^ from the bar ....

joined May 23, 2013

So with how that was framed, is Heidi trans or is she a crossdresser?

As far as I know, both transwomen and crossdressing gay men work as hostesses at bars like that.

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 3:35PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I had to double check that the third wheels in this and MUL didn't have the same name. Nope: Ritsuko here, Risako over there.

...kind of too similar for monthly updates of somewhat similar comics and a brain not used to less common Japanese names...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kankneet posted:

So with how that was framed, is Heidi trans or is she a crossdresser?

As far as I know, both transwomen and crossdressing gay men work as hostesses at bars like that.

Yeah if you look around, it seems pretty obvious that this is a gay bar for men to drink in company, so when such a beautiful lady showed up, Nozomi had to double check (because it was a gay bar for men) and so she looked at the hands...

I thought it was something obvious if your pay attention but I'm wrong? (because there are sooooooooooooo many people confused in MD and even here) whatever... I'm just glad that Nozomi had that that talk and I hope Heidi shows up again, Ritsuko makes it sound like her story is not closed yet, unless she wasn't talking about Heidi when she said "both"

Also this is just my suggestion, but whether Heidi likes to crossdress or she's trans I think is fine to think whatever we want for now, but I would wait for Heidi to speak and about that if we want to make sure or start arguing. Otherwise we would be touching a delicate topic for nothing, because the person hasn't said anything about it yet, so pls let it come naturally.

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 7:49PM

joined Aug 21, 2020

Please correct me if I'm wrong but in Japan cross dressing is a minor culture and there are some okama (it's a slang for homosexuality/cross dressing iirc) bars in Japan...Also Ouran High School introduces Haruhi's father as okama btw
But yeah, okama bars are basically gay bars but more shifted towards cross dressing.

It's more common to meet cross dressers than transgenders in Japan I believe.
So in that context, Heidi is most likely a cross dresser ofc unless later chapters defines it otherwise! That'd be p cool tbh

I don't usually comment on things but I just wanted to share a little bit of information that I know of okama in case that people are not aware about this...

Anyways thank you for the upload I really love aniyome!

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

My hope for Shino/Nozomi has revived!!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

My hope for Shino/Nozomi has revived!!

same

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Link to the next chapter https://loveheaven.net/read-ani-no-yome-to-kurashite-imasu.-raw-chapter-83.html

last edited at Aug 24, 2020 1:42PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You're supposed to hide spoilers

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

Are you happy now I edited my post? Geez

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

thechampionmike95 posted:

Are you happy now I edited my post? Geez

Last time I was this happy, Nozomi received a new year's card from Shino

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awww. I'm now kinda hoping Heidi becomes a regular.

I'm still not sure their trans, tho...

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

That gay bait though on last two chapters of volume 7.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The name is what makes me so "suspicious". They don't strike me as a foreigner character and I think this would be the first regular Japanese character I've ever seen in any manga that just randomly has such a stereotypical Western name. Crossdressing male or trans characters though ...

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

The name is what makes me so "suspicious". They don't strike me as a foreigner character and I think this would be the first regular Japanese character I've ever seen in any manga that just randomly has such a stereotypical Western name. Crossdressing male or trans characters though ...

Heidi is most likely their "Stage name" that they use while on the clock or when otherwhise interacting with customers. Men (and transwomen) working at Japanese gay bars tend to take on a feminine names exclusively for work, and the stereotype is that many of them pick overtly western-sounding names, the most common of which I've come across being "Catherine".

joined Jan 14, 2020

Presenting as female outside of work, and Ritsuko referring to Heidi as 'she' earlier, does raise my estimated chances that she's trans. Not that I know anything about Japanese crossdressing culture.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Presenting as female outside of work, and Ritsuko referring to Heidi as 'she' earlier, does raise my estimated chances that she's trans. Not that I know anything about Japanese crossdressing culture.

Referring to them as 'she' is most likely a translation choice, as Japanese generally shies away from gendered pronouns.

joined Jan 14, 2020

True, I think I'd even wondered about that back then. OTOH such pronouns do exist, kare and kanojo.

joined Aug 16, 2019

Yuri tag should be here already, no? okay then

joined Dec 18, 2018

It's the biggest troll ever if the author decides to write that Shino isn't into Nozomi at this point...

To reply you must either login or sign up.