Forum › Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! discussion

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

I thought for sure that chapter 6 was a tg or futanari character. ;O)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

And that confession went right over her head...classic. Don't get stressed guys this is yuri not "happy end" just remember this is a comedy it will drag any "development" for a while.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

And that confession went right over her head...classic. Don't get stressed guys this is yuri not "happy end" just remember this is a comedy it will drag any "development" for a while.

i like that happy end has universally become the short way of saying "baiting shit" around here lol, it fits

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Well, I understand that people might be a bit annoyed about how the yuri is getting dragged out, but I think it's definitely more than subtext. Akina has obviously got more-than-friendly feelings for Kaede - how many people would try to imagine their friends naked and get a nosebleed from that? - and her continued denial means nothing because she has been set up as a character who's often in denial about various things anyway. Also, yuri does not necessarily have to refer to a mutual relationship - as long as one female character has romantic feelings for another, that's yuri to me. (That doesn't justify Lemonade, though... Ugh.)

Also, I love the comedy - it's one my favourite series out there! It's very relatable, too - I've never seen Comiket featured in anything before, and it's all made better by how Hikawa Shou used to draw doujin. "Otaku" (I don't generally like using that word) also tend to be portrayed either as fat, lazy and sometimes perverted people perpetually locked in their rooms or really shy, glasses-wearing fujoshi, so it's great to see something where people who like anime/manga/games are depicted in a more realistic and positive manner.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Well, I understand that people might be a bit annoyed about how the yuri is getting dragged out, but I think it's definitely more than subtext. Akina has obviously got more-than-friendly feelings for Kaede - how many people would try to imagine their friends naked and get a nosebleed from that? - and her continued denial means nothing because she has been set up as a character who's often in denial about various things anyway. Also, yuri does not necessarily have to refer to a mutual relationship - as long as one female character has romantic feelings for another, that's yuri to me. (That doesn't justify Lemonade, though... Ugh.)

Also, I love the comedy - it's one my favourite series out there! It's very relatable, too - I've never seen Comiket featured in anything before, and it's all made better by how Hikawa Shou used to draw doujin. "Otaku" (I don't generally like using that word) also tend to be portrayed either as fat, lazy and sometimes perverted people perpetually locked in their rooms or really shy, glasses-wearing fujoshi, so it's great to see something where people who like anime/manga/games are depicted in a more realistic and positive manner.

as i said earlier im fine with it being drawn out............so long as we dont get any switching like in happy end

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I just enjoy the ride for now because it's a damn fun one. I like seeing Akina all bothered by Kaede whenever she does something with such over the top reaction.

I would be disapointed if that doesn't end up in yuri, but for now, the ship is going full steam ahead to yuriland, so I'm not as worried as with other titles who aren't as "open" with their protagonists attractions. Seriously, the only one Akina fool with her "just as friend" is herself, and I don't think she's really fooled either. Just a bit of tsundere that prevent her to fully admit it, kind of how she like to pretend she hate otaku stuff and only do it for Kaede's sake when it's obvious she's having fun as well. :p

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Akina is getting gayer and gayer with each chapter. Amazing!! Her closet can't become more transparent.
If she keeps like this the manga will end with a Yurinuclear Meltdown, poor Akina, Kaede is killing her.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

... how many people would try to imagine their friends naked and get a nosebleed from that?

Actually I guess nobody? :)

Of course I know what you mean, I just find the manga cliche of people getting nosebleeds from arousal like that just so hilarious every single time, hehe. If its girls even more, since, you know, considering the usual implication for guys.

What made me wonder this time, though: Look at how much gushes out of her nose, and that so suddenly. Wouldn't that tint the bath a soft rose color? And considering Kaede used it after her, is that some kind of "indirect kiss" again? (Well, Michi was in, too and it'd be one weird kiss similie, but wth...) Someone tell that to Akina and she'll go completely insane...

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

She's already completely insane x)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

happy end has universally become the short way of saying "baiting shit" around here

It got pretty big and everyone hated it makes sense. We should probably put that on the F.A.Q. section as a fact for the forum newcomers along with how sacred NanoFate is. Actually I find kinda odd that I don't see any rules for the forum...

joined Jan 8, 2014

Good chapter, just when I thought it was travelling far from the yuri the latest release renews my hope...they know what theyre doin for sure, also im officially convinced that our protaganists interest in kaede is no longer one sided ^_^
In fact I have a suspicion that kaede is in fact a super clever girl and planned all that yuri fun...lol, who knows...

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Good chapter, just when I thought it was travelling far from the yuri the latest release renews my hope...they know what theyre doin for sure, also im officially convinced that our protaganists interest in kaede is no longer one sided ^_^
In fact I have a suspicion that kaede is in fact a super clever girl and planned all that yuri fun...lol, who knows...

I wonder x)

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Well....she seems to position herself conveniently so that she keeps bumping into Akina.....

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Yeah, Kaede is either the queen of obliviousness or she really enjoys teasing and seeing the expression of the poor Akina.

joined May 2, 2014

It's getting started yay !

joined Oct 29, 2014

I haven't read this yet, but on page one of the comments they said that this is not yuri... Since many chapters have come out since then I was wondering if that opinion has changed...

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I haven't read this yet, but on page one of the comments they said that this is not yuri... Since many chapters have come out since then I was wondering if that opinion has changed...

It kinda made it's way into it, so yes, it is yuri.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

I love shinozaki-san and its silly wackiness! I hope the author doesn't end it anytime soon and that he puts in more touhou references ^_^

joined Jul 5, 2014

Heeh... so I guess she wouldn't have been able to make any friends herself even if she hadn't been ill at the start, lol.
It's nice to know Kaede was the one person she actively sought out as a friend.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I wasn't ready for that final pin up.

Now I want every character replaced by tall and atletic girls :P

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

"Are we racing?"

That was way funnier than it should have been.

blatant_harvester
Snpl
joined Feb 16, 2013

I wasn't ready for that final pin up.

Is that a pinup a reference to something?

Don't think so, she's the girl that played against Shinozaki in the football match.

joined Jul 26, 2014

Just a quick contradiction of the credits page...Precure's been for the 5-12 year old girl AND 16-32 year old man demographics from the beginning, according to some marketing documentation that made the rounds.

I do recall talking with my friend at one point about how her mother went to an anime theatre with her youngest daughter so they could watch PreCure. So they took the train ride to Tokyo and went there, and apparently the theatre was packed with little girls except for one, lonely, middle-aged man up at the front seats. My friend told me how after the movie, her mother felt really bad for the man since all the little girls got "magic wands" or something like that except for him.

last edited at Dec 23, 2014 7:44PM

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

I'll be honest, I'm 14 chapters in and I just don't know what to do with this Manga.

On the one hand it is rather funny, the pairing is adorable (though so far it hasn't really gone anywhere), and the characters are mostly likeable.

Yet at the same time things are just to strange and awkward for me to really grasp them. It's all just the main character making stupid decisions and having stupid delusions, despite the fact that as far as I gathered she's supposed to be someone who's rather socially capable. She's seemingly ostracising herself more and more from the "normal" people and falling deeper and deeper into the Otaku swamp, and through it all forgetting the rather simple idea that "Honesty is often the quickest way." I mean, if she had just admitted from the start that she weren't that into PrePure but were willing to give it a shot (which she has so far done with gusto) things would've just been so much easier for her, not to mention easier to relate to for us as readers.

All in all, if the situations didn't seem so fabricated I might've found them funnier. As it seems we're not laughing "with" the main character but "at" her. And honestly I don't know what I really feel about it. Then again, I might simply be overthinking things, but there's still this nagging feeling of "Why in the world are you doing this?" that I can't shake of no matter how I try.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

All in all, if the situations didn't seem so fabricated I might've found them funnier. As it seems we're not laughing "with" the main character but "at" her. And honestly I don't know what I really feel about it. Then again, I might simply be overthinking things, but there's still this nagging feeling of "Why in the world are you doing this?" that I can't shake of no matter how I try.

Well, vol2's omake kind of explain things a bit more : Shinozaki is not that socially capable, she thinks there are rules to being social and that following those rules are the only way to have a successful and socially fulfilled high school life. Hence why she was so sure that missing out the first week of school would destroy her chances to make friends.

Shizonaki seems to be actually socially awkward, which is why she goes out of her way to make friends and get confused a lot when things don't go as she expected. I find that quite interesting and that she always have such over the top reaction make it even more funny.

And yeah, think you're overthinking things a bit too much. I love mangas, but I don't think there's a deep meaning for most of them. Most of the time, it seems to me that it's not much beyond "hey, this is fun, let's make a funny story out of it !", especially when it come to slice of life.

To reply you must either login or sign up.