Forum › Kaijuu Iro no Shima discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

https://www.ign.com/articles/luca-disney-pixar-animated-film-announced

So maybe this is a big stretch but I couldn't help but remembering this manga the moment I saw that. Pixar is doing a new movie called Luca

Andrea Warren will serve as a producer on the upcoming feature-length film, which will celebrate the bond that is formed between Luca and his newfound best friend one summer, until their adventures are threatened by Luca's dark secret: he is a sea monster from another world below the water's surface.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Btw, wouldn't now be the time where chapter is published ?

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

Mayyyyyybe

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Mayyyyyybe

Poggers. I'm surprised the bitch ain't dead after that yeet. And where is Kon damn it ?

joined Jul 26, 2016

And where is Kon damn it ?

Bit busy having a case of gay panic I'd imagine, given the circumstances.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

See ya in half a year

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Does this come out sporadically, or does it just get scanlated sporadically?

It's released in a quarterly magazine, and we're up to date with the raws!

Quarterly WTF! I mean, waiting 3 months for 12 pages doesn't sound that exciting. I just don't know why they'd bother writing it in the first place.

last edited at Aug 15, 2020 5:27PM

joined Dec 18, 2018

This is one of those series where you pretty much re-read the whole thing on each release...

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Quarterly WTF! I mean, waiting 3 months for 12 pages doesn't sound that exciting. I just don't know why they'd bother writing it in the first place.

Can someone who follows the author closely explain this?

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

Can someone who follows the author closely explain this?

All I know is that Mitsuru already has a main series that's published monthly - or bi-monthly, I'm not really sure - called Kirei ni Shitemoraemasuka.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Guys! Nobody has talked to Kon before, besides Furuka. This is just a theory, but I think she might be a ghost or the monster herself. She says everyone in her school ignores her. In her house, none of her family members never addressed her and when her brother says "sis", he could be talking to the other woman who was coocking. It was never stated that she was his mother.

When that bully girl talked about "lazzing about with that thing over there" she could be talking about the abalones instead of Kon herself. This is just a theory, but I re-read the whole thing and it seems the only one who can see Kon is Furuka.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Guys! Nobody has talked to Kon before, besides Furuka. This is just a theory, but I think she might be a ghost or the monster herself. She says everyone in her school ignores her. In her house, none of her family members never addressed her and when her brother says "sis", he could be talking to the other woman who was coocking. It was never stated that she was his mother.

When that bully girl talked about "lazzing about with that thing over there" she could be talking about the abalones instead of Kon herself. This is just a theory, but I re-read the whole thing and it seems the only one who can see Kon is Furuka.

If true, this would give the "monster's hole" line a whole 'nother meaning.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

4 chapters a year? big oof.

thanks for the chapter.

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

I will keep up with this hopefullyy

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

HAIR GUY: Wait ... how do you know about the "monster's hole"?.

Please refer to chapter 7, she explored the hell out of the monster's hole, heh.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

HAIR GUY: Wait ... how do you know about the "monster's hole"?.

Please refer to chapter 7, she explored the hell out of the monster's hole, heh.

At the very least, there's one hole on this island that Furuka now knows more intimately than anyone else.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Cliff hanger every update.... How many chapters? And I hope it wasn't axed, I need to see where this is going even if it takes most of my life to get to the conclusion

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

…Right. Maybe Kon just went to check on that bitch the monster sent flying.

Surely she must have hit the ground by now. >.>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc6AHtM8qKM

Pffffffff

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Jesus ur a genius

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

When that bully girl talked about "lazzing about with that thing over there" she could be talking about the abalones instead of Kon herself. This is just a theory, but I re-read the whole thing and it seems the only one who can see kon is furuka.

also supporting this theory is kon getting barked at by a very upset dog on ch01 p3, and again on ch02 p2.

though we do see kon replying to non-furuka people a few times: "aight. thanks! i'm goin' to the hole!" and "did i really say that?"

seems at least like kon thinks people can hear/see her...

really curious to see if your prediction turns out to be correct.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Suddenly I see dead people

Scarlet%20felini
joined Mar 28, 2012

It's a really interesting theory, but I'm not entirely convinced... She has her own room, with a nameplate on it in Chapter 2, Page 2... In the next page, I can't really make out what's in her bookshelf, if it's just used as a storage area or if it's her actual things.

but yeah, the only living human person we see actually interacting with her, is Furuka.

Also, making love on rocks... uncomfortable.

last edited at Aug 16, 2020 8:40AM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

It's a really interesting theory, but I'm not entirely convinced... She has her own room, with a nameplate on it in Chapter 2, Page 2... In the next page, I can't really make out what's in her bookshelf, if it's just used as a storage area or if it's her actual things.

but yeah, the only living human person we see actually interacting with her, is Furuka.

Maybe her family kept the room intact after she died?

Also, those grannies saying wind can't send things upwards should watch this:

https://youtu.be/ZHBjA7TWvtM

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

i thought they were floating around during this scene?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Okay, that "ghost Kon" theory seems weirdly plausible after rereading the whole thing. >.>

To reply you must either login or sign up.