Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

For some reason, the style reminded me of Kigi Tatsumi. Is it the noses and the hair, I same wonder?

Yea, I totally agree with you. The art style totally reminds me Kigi Tatsumi. Especially when I saw that one character with the short black hair from the track team. It reminded me Tatsumi's character from "Unbalance".

The art reminds me more to suga atsushi http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/suga_atsushi just my opinion though

last edited at Oct 21, 2014 6:07PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

yeah i sensed Comprehensive Tovarisch here... and a little of my dear Notes From the Garden of Lilies, i think that's comparable to the situation surrounding Yurine (oh, "Yuri" characters make my heart race <3).

Loving the MC, btw.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who sensed a whiff of Notes there. Just a little undertone, but enough to register.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I think I found a new fave! Thanx for scantalating :)

dat kiss tho...story seems cliche, but the characters show dynamic promise ^_^ can't wait to see the next chapter

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

The characters are really lively, not just some tsundere and kudere, but actually have quite complicated personalities. It is interesting to read, because you can't predict what you'll get from these girls next.
Art is also god-like, dynamics is perfect, definitely want more of thiiis!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

AAAH NICE! REAL YURI since the first chapter, I mean... I don't mind histories building up romance but when the history ends open or with a "Well, they probably ended together" it hurts so much... AND DAYUM I'm so weak against short haired blondes... I'm gonna love this one

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

Just for the record: That mother's pretty heartless...

Maybe it is, but, in my experience, this works great for making your child study hard. My parents were strict like this and I think it was for better.

Being strict to make sure you don't slack off and pay attention to prove yourself is one thing. Instilling a perfection complex that tells you you're a failure if you aren't the best is another.

It's striving for perfection that makes people great, not actually achieving it.

You'd be surprised how common a practice it is to try and instill a perfection complex in children, especially in Eastern cultures. Not that I'm saying all Asians (Japanese specifically) stick to this tradition, but when brought up traditionally, that's what parents are doing and that's what they have been doing for centuries. They instill the complex in hopes their child will be useful, to not only them in the future, but to society. Having a perfectionist complex (in the parent's eyes) means they will do anything it takes to be perfect. Failure can't be seen as an option otherwise they'll find a way out of working hard: "oh I only got 5 marks lower than that guy, I'll be fine," he says, but why would any respectable company hire the guy, if that other guy got a perfect score? How would that reflect on the person and his family? It's all about status in the fast paced world now.

I neither condone the action, or agree with it, but it's culture and tradition; it's a parenting style that has been around for a long time. It's pretty hazardous and, statistically, the constant strive for perfection has lead Japan to have the highest suicide rate, but let's be realistic: if you don't like the way it's done, you're going to have to try and break down hundreds of year old tradition to make them reconsider the parenting styles.

On a happier note: this manga is very interesting to say the least. I love how Yurine (is suddenly reminded of Karas) is baiting Ayaka to work harder to beat her. I kinda like the idea of the manga too: 'the genius wants to feel normal by having someone else beat her score' feels a bit cliche, but I hope the more Ayaka gets closer, the more Yurine likes her and when Ayaka finally beats her, everyone will gets a happy ending. Yay for hate/angry/love, that's always a treat. (((o(゚▽゚)o)))

last edited at Oct 21, 2014 8:14PM

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

You know what? Cliché is cliché for a reason; it usually means that everybody loves it and it's super popular and...I liked it!

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

This manga is a keeper.

last edited at Oct 21, 2014 10:57PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Mainstream Yuri: (Lighthearted) romance between high school girls. Often a bit of (fake) drama, a bit of comedy. Tends to be unremarkable yet will inexplicably earn lots of positive comments ("So cute!"). The most famous ones are Girl Friends and Citrus with the former being infinitely better.

edit: No don't take this too seriously.

Huehuehue.

Question- what is mainstream yuri?

By "mainstream yuri", I just meant that it was published in a major magazine.
In various discussions on the forums, people have expressed a desire to see more yuri in mainstream publications (i.e. not Yuri Hime). I was just noting that this is one such title, for those who pay attention to that sort of thing.

joined Apr 14, 2013

Well i can see i will continue to read this

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

So judging from the accompanying pics we have three Yuri couples. This will be a fun new series to read.

who are the 3 couples? Ayaka and Yurine, the two from the track club... then who else?

last edited at Oct 21, 2014 11:36PM

joined Apr 23, 2014

Plot, Schmot. The art is what makes this manga for me. The style is familiar, but it's done so gorgeously. Looking forward for some more eye candy.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

So judging from the accompanying pics we have three Yuri couples. This will be a fun new series to read.

who are the 3 couples? Ayaka and Yurine, the two from the track club... then who else?

http://dynasty-scans.com/images/2634, maybe?

those are the two from the track club. right?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The these two: http://dynasty-scans.com/images/2633?

I don't remember which ones are from the track club.

Those two are track club. They own chapter 3.

http://dynasty-scans.com/images/2634, maybe?

They are these.

Of course, without hiding behind any more black bars, I feel the need to note that official art does not necessarily suggest canon confirmation.

last edited at Oct 22, 2014 12:09AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I think I am more interested on the side characters than the MCs.

Are any of them actually (or going to be) couples?

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

You know what? Cliché is cliché for a reason; it usually means that everybody loves it and it's super popular and...I liked it!

True, but you can use it so many times before everyone is sick of seeing them.

Some people can look past the cliché, others can't. I guess it's how you use it. Example, I adore Yurine, and 95% of the time I despise the cliché she is (the genius who hates being a genius) because of her personality. She pushes people away (like Captans trying to recruit her), and doesn't act like the whole world hates her because she's sooooo smart. Intellegent and narsassistic? Nope, could not handle that much cliché.

last edited at Oct 22, 2014 1:15AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i feel some similarity with "the flower and the star" too, even if it's not fair to compare a story just starting with a masterpiece like that

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

The characters are so cuuuute! :)

definitely see the similarities between this and Comprehensive tovarisch regarding the story and Nagakura Keiko's art but with infinitely better noses!

No heavy drama added and just a light yuri story is bloody refreshing to see!

joined May 2, 2014

"Ur tie is crooked " oh bitch plz don't use Sachiko Ogasawara onee samas lines maria sama is watching u XD , but seriously that was the most amazing cute yuri art I had seen in a while just perfecto ~

last edited at Oct 22, 2014 10:45PM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Haters gonna hate.

I think this one has potential. And... I'm not entirely sold on the "lazy" genius. She may be a genius of sorts, but lazy, I guess we'll see. Perhaps she is also a hard worker in her own right. I look forward to more chapters!

joined Sep 19, 2014

I liked this!
I though I would be more interested in the track club couple but the main couple is really interesting too!
I will keep an eye on this and wait for the next chapters.

joined Apr 25, 2013

Classic Plot :3 I like it !

Img_20141023_180626
joined Oct 23, 2014

Another great ongoing series. Can't wait for the chapter 2. ^^

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

dialogue from both suggest unexplored depths.

WE NEED TO DIG DEEPER!

joined Mar 23, 2013

I think this one has potential. And... I'm not entirely sold on the "lazy" genius.

Well, if she does not study at home and just sleeps at school then she totally is a "lazy" genius.

But this could turn out to be the super cliché "sleeping at school, part-time working because poor" type character. She can't join any clubs because of time constraint.

To reply you must either login or sign up.