Forum › I'm an Elite Angel, But I'm Troubled By an Impregnable High School Girl discussion

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

These unnecessary long titles are always funny to me. An alternative one probably would have been "Elite Angel and Impregnable High School Girl" lol.

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 8:15AM

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

It feels like a first attempt but the art is cute.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Uh- were all the shower scenes necessary?? I guess it does set the tone of the manga????
It's okay I guessss hahhaha

It's like a law or something it seems. Have to hit that shower scene (or just general "fanservice") quota even when not really appropriate, whatever the case here may be.

Of course the one-shot in that alcohol anthology by the same author gave an indication on what to expect, though I suppose this took it a step lewder hehe.

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 8:33AM

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Shower scenes are always necessary. Always.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Not even little.

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

By definition, an angel is agender and asexual.

The concept of lusty angels is something only Japan can produce.

Pretty sure Japan didn't write the books of Genesis, Enoch, or Jubilees.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Her wish is to frick with a beatiful girl, simple as that.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Not even little.

You are right, not a little, they are a lot necessary

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Not even little.

Look, when something is made up to be ecchi from the start as in with this manga, then whatever have all the shower scenes and bouncing boobs as your story or theme or whatever requires. Knock yourself out. But when you have a work that, ostensibly, wants itself to be taken seriously, random out of nowhere service scenes are nothing else but a sort of bat signal for otaku to reassure them that "don't worry, this caters to you". It also gives the impression that your work is not good enough to stand on its own without appealing to such crowds.

Now, this does not mean that you can't enjoy such things in whatever story you choose to, again knock yourself out. Personal biases do not change the fact however, that more often than not this stuff is slapped on for no good reason and normalized to a terrific degree.

Having said all that...

I don't know if the shower specifically was necessary but that whole sequence served two purposes, to introduce the knowlegde about Kirara and to show that angel-san feels weird when boobs are near her, that's why she had that reaction when her kohai approached.
It was to show that angel san was suffering from the woes of been flustered and attraced to girls but been too embarassed by it.at least thats what I got from it.

Well, that works as well as any explanation I suppose. And as established this work has no qualms about nudity anyway so it is what it is. I am sure funny shenanigans will follow for us all to enjoy!

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

But when you have a work that, ostensibly, wants itself to be taken seriously, random out of nowhere service scenes are nothing else but a sort of bat signal for otaku to reassure them that "don't worry, this caters to you". It also gives the impression that your work is not good enough to stand on its own without appealing to such crowds.

What a strangely puritanical POV.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Am I going to hell for seeing the Angel's Eden?

Lmfao, spat out my tea

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Am I going to hell for seeing the Angel's Eden?

Lead the way..

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

very moe

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

@Skyrin: thanks for expressing what I couldn't have in such a clear way.

joined Apr 6, 2019

What does impregnable means in this context, I wonder.

Normally I would have thought that an "impregnable girl" in a romcom is one who cannot be seduced no matter what... but this one looks ready to open her legs for Ariel as soon as Ariel says the word. Rather than impregnable, she comes pre-seduced.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

What does impregnable means in this context, I wonder.

Normally I would have thought that an "impregnable girl" in a romcom is one who cannot be seduced no matter what... but this one looks ready to open her legs for Ariel as soon as Ariel says the word. Rather than impregnable, she comes pre-seduced.

I think it's just referring to how the angels can't discern her wishes.

TheAwooMaster
A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

I find it funny when titles are the description of the manga itself xD

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

evolution of boobs in yuri manga is amazing lmfao

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

Not even little.

Look, when something is made up to be ecchi from the start as in with this manga, then whatever have all the shower scenes and bouncing boobs as your story or theme or whatever requires. Knock yourself out. But when you have a work that, ostensibly, wants itself to be taken seriously, random out of nowhere service scenes are nothing else but a sort of bat signal for otaku to reassure them that "don't worry, this caters to you". It also gives the impression that your work is not good enough to stand on its own without appealing to such crowds.

Now, this does not mean that you can't enjoy such things in whatever story you choose to, again knock yourself out. Personal biases do not change the fact however, that more often than not this stuff is slapped on for no good reason and normalized to a terrific degree.

Having said all that...

I don't know if the shower specifically was necessary but that whole sequence served two purposes, to introduce the knowlegde about Kirara and to show that angel-san feels weird when boobs are near her, that's why she had that reaction when her kohai approached.
It was to show that angel san was suffering from the woes of been flustered and attraced to girls but been too embarassed by it.at least thats what I got from it.

Well, that works as well as any explanation I suppose. And as established this work has no qualms about nudity anyway so it is what it is. I am sure funny shenanigans will follow for us all to enjoy!

I love how you put it! It's an interesting conversation to be had on how an author decides to situate their manga and appeal to their audience. I personally prefer more purposeful stuff, but I'm not here to critique lighthearted fun!
I enjoy the concept of this so far and I can't wait to see how it goes~

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I'm not sure "Impregnable" is the best choice of words here, given the context lol

Her mind is impregnable, seems a good choice to me. Maybe you think that word means something that it doesn't?

I know, I know - that was just a bad joke. Though looking it up, I honestly didn't know that impregnable didn't have "unable to become pregnant" as a definition at all, so that's an even worse joke than I thought it was.

It might not have that as an established definition, but that'd probably be because there's never really been a need for that definition. Going by the root words, you could easily make a case that impregnable means able to be impregnated.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I'm not sure "Impregnable" is the best choice of words here, given the context lol

Her mind is impregnable, seems a good choice to me. Maybe you think that word means something that it doesn't?

I know, I know - that was just a bad joke. Though looking it up, I honestly didn't know that impregnable didn't have "unable to become pregnant" as a definition at all, so that's an even worse joke than I thought it was.

It might not have that as an established definition, but that'd probably be because there's never really been a need for that definition. Going by the root words, you could easily make a case that impregnable means able to be impregnated.

There's separate terms covering that, what with the whole family and procreation business being fairly important parts of the human condition.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

But when you have a work that, ostensibly, wants itself to be taken seriously, random out of nowhere service scenes are nothing else but a sort of bat signal for otaku to reassure them that "don't worry, this caters to you". It also gives the impression that your work is not good enough to stand on its own without appealing to such crowds.

What a strangely puritanical POV.

Heh. We are all here to read about a horny angel getting down and dirty with a high school girl, which makes that comment strangely amusing.

If you think it strange, that is your prerogative. It seems I am not alone with this opinion though.

I love how you put it! It's an interesting conversation to be had on how an author decides to situate their manga and appeal to their audience. I personally prefer more purposeful stuff, but I'm not here to critique lighthearted fun!
I enjoy the concept of this so far and I can't wait to see how it goes~

I think that is a good way to go about it. Let's hope this one remains entertaining!

last edited at Jul 20, 2020 8:07AM

joined Mar 13, 2020

What I'll say I feel this implies that girls can't appreciate fanservice, even in the genre concerning lesbian relationships. Pervy girls are out there too and authors like Ume-sensei or Pochi shows even the creators draw it because they like it in many cases.

last edited at Jul 22, 2020 1:38AM

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

"Do you have a girlfriend?"
Like how she takes it for granted that she have interest in girls. Going for the yuri right away.

also, technically, the human did make a wish and it was granted.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

What I'll say I feel this implies that girls can't appreciate fanservice, even in the genre concerning lesbian relationships. Pervy girls are out there too and authors like Ume-sensei or Pochi shows even the creators draw it because they like it in many cases.

Ah apologies, that was not an intended implication. And neither I am trying to tell anyone what to like or what to draw, this is simply my personal take on out of place fanservice (and not the kind in this manga for example) such as it typically happens in media.

To reply you must either login or sign up.