Forum › Lily Marble discussion

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

What the fuck is this heat ending? What is going on in this authors head?

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

How does it say "it won't work anyway"? In this case, it's more a "it might not work". Plus there's the next couple with Tsubasa and Iwashita who panic because of societal pressure etc. Yet she says yes. Isn't that at least as powerful?
The whole Manga show you girls interacting together, but that society can prevent their happiness, yet at least one couple does form (we'll see in the next chapter if the others are still together).

joined Sep 4, 2016

Boy am I glad that I wasted all that time reading this series. /s

Seriously, fuck this shit. Whoever mentioned earlier that this should be tagged as "bad end" I completely agree. Or "bait and switch". Fuck you author.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I really hope that Miyu and Nozomi get the "i never stop to love you after all this time" and not the same ending than Moe and Hikari. Also even if the age gap came to a closure, wasn't the whole deal between them to make Tsubasa more feminine ? Because it's a 180° here.

C098df51-864a-4f26-94f4-0ea01971405b
joined Sep 18, 2018

:-(

joined Jul 26, 2019

I read of the deception but was it not obvious that moe was going to be in a couple with tsubasa finally ?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't really care about het stories because it honestly brings a bit of a sense of reality to yuri mangas. Actually the "everyone, even the fridge, is gay" are the ones putting me off.

Maybe start reading het stories if everyone is gay bothers you. That's the whole point of fantasy and stories, it's about escapism, not smacking reality into the reader's face.
And ok, have a het couple if you want it so much, just don't play along with the readers by making them ship the yuri pairing.

the message of the manga is supposed to be: "if you fall in love with a girl it won't work anyway, the girl will end up marrying a guy"
because it makes me feel sick '-'

Yeah, the truth is this stereotype happens very often irl. We don't need to have fantasy stories hijacked too.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 7:03AM

20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

This series got axed??? It was the only one I properly read on this site bcs it was so good. Last chapter really felt rushed which was disappointing since the other stories took their time to develop (not blaming the mangaka tho).

At least the drawing was really great and some scenes had so many great shots, I will treasure them. My favorite couple Aya x Risa got together too! :3 But i am still sad that it ended.

Jpeg_20190102_170347
joined Jun 3, 2020

Lmao this comment section losing their minds over one couple not working out, even talking shit about the author. We don't even see the groom's face but you are up in arms screaming "omg this author is promoting hets!!!!". Its just supposed to be sad, its still a yuri manga, there are 4 other couples. Calm down.

I actually like sad endings, to me it was obvious Hikari was straight from the start and just playing with Moe's heart.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

That's the whole point of fantasy and stories, it's about escapism,

Not always

not smacking reality into the reader's face.

Yes, there are stories doing particular that. Especially with angst tag

I’m not so much bothered by het and “reality smacks”, but “several years later” after cliffhanger smells like axed. Well, at least my favorite pair, Aya x Risa, get together.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 7:31AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

That's the whole point of fantasy and stories, it's about escapism,

Not always

I'm talking about this specific story here, not about every single manga. The story was already about escapism by making all of them have some gay feelings. Even the new manager was gay.

not smacking reality into the reader's face.

Yes, there are stories doing particular that. Especially with angst tag

There is no angst tag here. When I go to the MUL manga I expect to get a het development and romantic feelings. I don't care if the mc won't be gay. It has made itself clear of what it's going to be about right from the start.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Rushed ending gonna rushed. Also gonna be here defend het, I know lotta people here wage war against the het for some reason.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 8:11AM

uzumakixhinata
joined Nov 7, 2013

i was rooting for moe and hikari. gaaaadamit. i'm gonna go and cry now. this hurts too much.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Okay but can we talk about how our little Tsubasa is all grown up now?

Bang%20dream!_%20episode%2013%20_%20we%20sang!-min
joined Nov 15, 2018

Sudden time jump hmm? yow

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

So how many of you sent the author death threats yet? That seems to be all the rage.

20201202_205313
joined Jun 4, 2020

Oh cmon. Hikari is so effin straight even from the start. It's your fault if you ship her with moe. And it's moes fault if she never confess and just watch her friend getting married. But being her bestfriend, moe probably knows best, especially about hikari. Adonis got a gf tho!!!

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

To all these people sugarcoating this story, just wanna say, this story is not great, never been great, had the makings but never actually managed to accomplish, I’m not saying this because of the latest development, go piggyback what I said on Risa x Aya’s underwhelmingly-developed conclusion, I mean there’s only so much you can accomplish with so many characters and so little pages, not to mention characters who were meant to be something (like the new manager) but author got the word from above, so she had to scrap her development.

Again, good ideas, underutilized characters, poor development and poor execution. Had it had half of these characters it would be a masterpiece, maybe focus on Risa x Aya from the get-go while introducing others as supporting characters, unfortunately author went into the worst route possible, not surprised.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Maybe start reading het stories if everyone is gay bothers you.

There is honestly so much wrong with these couple sentences I don't even know where to start.

I read all kinds of manga. I come here for the yuri but I don't mind having the story revolve around something else while staying on the genre. In fact my favorite yuri setup is the protagonist just happening to be a lesbian (Avatar: The Legend of Korra, Murcielago, etc). I am honestly fucking sick of the generic schoolgirl setup. The yuri genre is absolutely abysmal most of the time for the exploitation of the shittiest tropes.

That's the whole point of fantasy and stories, it's about escapism, not smacking reality into the reader's face.

So the whole yuri thing is about feel good stories and escapism? My fucking god... You create whatever content for a given media because you feel like there is a story worth telling and stuff just happens. If you tailor the story around a setup and an outcome you are limiting yourself and you need godlike storytelling skills to pull it off.

And ok, have a het couple if you want it so much, just don't play along with the readers by making them ship the yuri pairing.

My best guess is that potential readers are far more tolerant than you and don't move in absolutes and the black or white specter. This manga was axed because it was dragging already, not because it had het in it.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I'm talking about this specific story here, not about every single manga. The story was already about escapism by making all of them have some gay feelings. Even the new manager was gay.

Sorry about that, I’ve come to wrong conclusion when read your sentence about fantasy and escapism in story. For me this story leans more towards realism. Yes, it is comedy, but not fluffy escapism fantasy and there was already het marriage.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 9:30AM

joined Dec 9, 2014

My best guess is that potential readers are far more tolerant than you and don't move in absolutes and the black or white specter. This manga was axed because it was dragging already, not because it had het in it.

Lol this part shows you haven't really read this manga. You are absolutely guessing out of thin air that this manga was axed because it was dragging. No one knows why, but if you pay close attention to the chapter where Aya and Risa fight and then make up right after that, it's pretty evident that their development was very sudden. We were even guessing after that chapter that the story might end soon, because their arc felt way too rushed.

And I never said this manga was axed because it had het? We even had het with Hikari over a year ago, with that whole situation with the manager. And I didn't care about that het back then because it made sense with her character and we weren't even that deep into the Moe x Hikari thing.

The problem is the fact that the author was romantically developing them for a long time, and then suddenly after the hot spring chapter we are here now, with Hikari getting married.
I would be upset even if this was a woman Hikari married in the end, because the whole story completely changed direction suddenly.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Beh...don't think I'll bother reading the next chapter. Oh well.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

I really thought this could've been a long running thing on par with Virgin Empire, it had that sort of feel to it's narrative, a drawn out in-depth development of it's characters and their relationships. But to be ending so suddenly now, this is such a shame.

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 10:13AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Your mistake was assuming this was a yuri manga. Just because a romance manga has one or more yuri couples in it doesn't mean every couple in it is gay.

Um...what? Are we even talking about the same manga here? Except Hikari, who seems like one of those bicurious heartbreakers, literally all other female characters are lesbian or bisexual. It is not some "generic" romance manga with a token gay couple. It is, in fact, a Yuri manga with multiple lesbian couples/pairings.

Anyways, I am not super triggered that Moe x Hikari got a het ending. But it's always very disappointing, especially to a queer person like me, to get yuri baited-and-switched, no matter how the story or characters are. A very good example would be Kumiko x Reina. I am still scarred from that. They are the sole reason I stopped watching anything subtext-y and anything that's not confirmed Yuri.

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

you know, I'm sure that Kisugae didn't intend this to be the final ending for her characters and this dumpster fire of an ending is probably the result of her publisher. Fuck it, I'm just going to forget the last chapter ever existed lmao considering that there is no way in hell that it was the author's intentions to write it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.