Forum › A Manager's Job discussion

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

is there a sequel? this didnt seem too yuri

its hasn't been unlock yet fu fu fu

Gotta buy the Yuri dlc to unlock that ending

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

senpai senpai notice me! why is it that i always ship the friends together in these sort of yuris hahaa

You're not alone
The friend is often more interesting than the sempai

last edited at Oct 14, 2014 6:44AM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Wow, the senpai was a huge jerk. Yeah, she wasn't in a good mood, but she didn't hafta to be rude to others just because she was having a rough day. But at least she said thank you... That solves everything.

This didn't feel like yuri at all. But the characterization was done well.

joined Mar 30, 2012

... where was my yuri :(

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

is there a sequel? this didnt seem too yuri

its hasn't been unlock yet fu fu fu

Gotta buy the Yuri dlc to unlock that ending

I'll pay however much it takes.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Uh... Too much buildup for nothing

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

Sometimes I've notice about this author is that she is probably is straight cause she has no idea how to set up two girls together. The story is wonderful and the art amazing but its missing its most important ingringredient. The romance between the girls, there was no contact whatsosver between the girls except constant flirting, minor at that. The author really needs to work on getting on a yuri girls shoes for a moment, and realise the truth way to be in love with a girl. Needed more alot more from him/her writing to be consider yuri to me.

Lucuha
joined Aug 29, 2014

Or... maybe the artist just didn't intend for it to be full-on yuri, and the yuri tag is somewhat misleading. It could be simple as that. And I'm okay with it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Or... maybe the artist just didn't intend for it to be full-on yuri, and the yuri tag is somewhat misleading. It could be simple as that. And I'm okay with it.

Yeah, there's not a trace of yuri in this. The absolute closest is one panel where she tells the sempai that she's been watching her, which in context isn't in a romantic way at all.

Doesn't make it a bad story, just means there's a tag that doesn't belong. FWIW, I liked it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yeah, there's not a trace of yuri in this.

I think your view of romance has to be pretty narrow to say there's "not a trace" here. But I guess that comes down to personal opinion.

Doesn't make it a bad story, just means there's a tag that doesn't belong.

Thank you for actually making a suggestion!

joined Sep 19, 2014

HAHAHA! What is this 'uncle' thing? XD
I was kinda disappointed by this ending, not really yuri IMO, I hope there will be a sequel...
And that senpai totally deserved that ice bucket the protagonist has more patience than me.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

In this special issue of Hirari the majority of the works don't have yuri tag...
Maybe they were asked to lessen the yuri

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, there's not a trace of yuri in this.

I think your view of romance has to be pretty narrow to say there's "not a trace" here. But I guess that comes down to personal opinion.

Actually, I have pretty high-powered yuri goggles. But even so, the closest thing I can detect is a single panel out of a 31 page story, when sempai blushes at hearing Komori say she watched her closely.

It's quite simply not a romance story, it's about a girl wanting someone who looked down on her to see her with respect. Thus the ending had nothing to do with getting closer to sempai (which she really didn't), but making her say uncle.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's a kind of playground thing, to signify submission. Basically, "admit you lost".

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

^ I thought it was from pro wresting but yea senpai was a bitch. No one needs to take her crap like that, she diserves a lot more then just a spash of cold water.

You're not alone
The friend is often more interesting than the sempai

Honestly I wanted to with another team mate, cause her friend wasn't that interesting but sadly no one came up.

last edited at Oct 14, 2014 7:13PM

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

I'll never understand why any student would ever want to manage a sports team. It really IS glorified servitude.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Hahaha... I kinda enjoy the comments here than the actual story... Really...

Meh... I'm into tsundere but then, this senpai is just a bitch... I kinda like it more if it's the two best friends that gets hooked up xD

Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Please notice me senpai >,<

kinda missed the 'uncle' joke, even after reading the explanation..

joined Sep 19, 2014

It's a kind of playground thing, to signify submission. Basically, "admit you lost".

Oh ok thank you for the explanation ^^ I didn't know that

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I'll never understand why any student would ever want to manage a sports team. It really IS glorified servitude.

yes and no. I was manager for my track club. only perk was being able to stare at the girls in really short running shorts without being labelled a perv (most of the time). besides, a lot of the time, you want to participate, but suck. that was my case. I sucked, but I was good at helping out.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

In this special issue of Hirari the majority of the works don't have yuri tag...

Fun fact - the Hirari Houkago volumes never actually claim to be yuri anthologies, just "100% all-girl school club" collections. It's the sort of thing you'll only notice if you're looking for it. The content in general does tend to be less romance-oriented, though with some typical Hirari stories also mixed in. And then there are some people who just say Yeah, okay, whatever.

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

That ice bucket splash was so unexpected, the story did a good job of setting that up. I think it was a nice little story and the credit page was funny too.

934c158f-6d10-4800-a176-151cb1c96d1b
joined Dec 23, 2019

Good read, the plot was pretty interesting and realistic.
Having been on the basketball and swimming team back in high school, it’s true that managers tend to quit quickly and not everyone treats them nicely, only when they decide to quit is when they beg them to stay. So it was nice to see this kind of story.
9/10 because I wish it was longer.

To reply you must either login or sign up.