Forum › Catulus Syndrome discussion

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Wait is this story actually trying to get back the [[yuri]] tag? Because Ayano seems super serious and if they don't make a joke of it, it could definitely be a thing.

Plus I've been shipping it since forever soo

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Geeze, I didn't realize Ayano had fallen for Yuki quite so hard yet.

It's ironic how much she puts Yuki on a pedestal, when Yuki herself suffers from crushing self-esteem issues and thinks Ayano is way out of her league.

last edited at Jun 13, 2020 8:35AM

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

Wait is this story actually trying to get back the [[yuri]] tag? Because Ayano seems super serious and if they don't make a joke of it, it could definitely be a thing.

Plus I've been shipping it since forever soo

I think so too! But that conversation with the sensei did crush my dreams a little. Sensei started talking about friends this friends that and Ayano just went along.

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

Ayano is the BEST character in this manga and you CAN'T convince me otherwise. Her different "confession"-scenarios absolutely killed me lol.

Nishikino-maki-and-ayase-eri-3-love-live-school-idol-project-37571467-350-197(1)
joined Dec 1, 2018

Sry but long Hair suits her better

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/catulus_syndrome_special_chapter_album_thanks_i_guess#7

last edited at Jun 13, 2020 9:39PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/catulus_syndrome_special_chapter_album_thanks_i_guess#7

Not related but the fact that the special chapter pop before the recent chapter is trnage in term of timeline. I suposs it's a special non canon chapter but still.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Not related but the fact that the special chapter pop before the recent chapter is trnage in term of timeline. I suposs it's a special non canon chapter but still.

..."trnage?"

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

..."trnage?"

wait wtf, why the hell did i didn't notice that ? It's suposs to be "strange", i don't know how i mess up and coreect it.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Dang. I wish for confessions of love from Ayano and Yuki but most likely just going to get ‘deepening of friendship’ speech... at this rate the extras are going to get with each other before Ayano and Yuki confess or even before Kozue and Mimika kiss.

I hope Ayano can show Yuki and prove to her mother in law that she loves Yuki no matter what!

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Slightly comedic version of smothering mother that locks the kid away to save from harm.

joined Jun 30, 2016

Now we know why Yuki is so shy and insecure, her mother overprotective behavior.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Now we know why Yuki is so shy and insecure, her mother overprotective behavior.

Uh, no, we've had ample enough flashbacks of the kind of unwelcome attention from strangers it's mainly rooted in. But her mother's intense and formidable personality is unlikely to have much helped - it's only too easy to picture how a kid as timid as Yuki would have been unintentionally overwhelmed by such a parent.

Also bit of a chicken and egg thing as there's certainly no shortage of objectively valid reasons to worry about the kid, only compounded by the mother's frequent extended absences due to work and their awkward relationship creating a serious communications barrier. Case in point Yuki's been working at Nekotamari for, what, half a year plus without apparently bothering to notify her mother of it even as a courtesy - I reckon a parent doesn't need Ms. Shirakabe's mercurial temperament to kind of start bouncing off walls over something like that. (TBF she's probably unusually agitated atm due to both having been left out of the loop about a fairly important developement and being worried sick.)

It also reads like pretty textbook teenage chafing for independence and rebelling against parent figures. ie. part of growing up. I'll be rather surprised if this isn't primarily a character growth arc for Yuki as the family grapples with the various anxieties and personality clashes involved.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Uh, no, we've had ample enough flashbacks of the kind of unwelcome attention from strangers it's mainly rooted in. But her mother's intense and formidable personality is unlikely to have much helped - it's only too easy to picture how a kid as timid as Yuki would have been unintentionally overwhelmed by such a parent.

Rather, I get the sense that her mother's overprotectiveness is because Yuki has been so traumatized by her condition.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Rather, I get the sense that her mother's overprotectiveness is because Yuki has been so traumatized by her condition.

That, too - it's not hard to see how and why she seems to have turned out a bit neurotically (and probably suffocatingly) overprotective. There's hints of it in their conversation too ("then I can't protect you" etc.).

The best intentions behind it doesn't make it any less problematic for Yuki's personal developement ofc but that sort of thing happens a lot between parents and children.

On an entirely different note Yuki seems to take a lot after her mother physically (even their eyelashes look similar) - pretty face and flat as a board :v

joined Feb 23, 2016

Now is a good time to remove the subtext.. it feels like the next chapters are yuridrama xD

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Did not expect a borderline yandere mama.... reminded me of Nagisas mum in ass'-class'

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

So the overprotective parent figure is once again used as a plot device? Even if it was way back in chapter 12 it is still a bit disappointing.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well that went full gay. GJ, meddling mom! o3ob

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Finally a non useless lesbian! She kicked that drama right out of there!

DashBoardSatan
joined Dec 14, 2013

At the beginning of this chapter I was thinking, "Oh well here comes the drawn-out angst arc."
But then, something that never happens in slowburn stories happened: they talked to each other about how they feel.
Remember kids, open communication is the leading preventer of angst.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Put on the Yuri Tag Back again‎(ノ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ノ╧╧

last edited at Jun 27, 2020 11:59PM

joined Jun 19, 2020

They should just get married

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

She say nice things about her and then kitty lady call her by first name! Sweet as fuck levels too high, diabetus gauge malfunctioning foot explodes
Did the art in this improve plenty or what? Like it was pretty amazing to begin with but now it looks more detailed and cleaner

last edited at Jun 28, 2020 6:16AM

20200611_003300
joined May 9, 2019

Put on the Yuri Tag Back again‎(ノ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ノ╧╧

I second this

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Is this... actual communication between characters? I thought that was illegal in manga.

To reply you must either login or sign up.