Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

High school has practically been over for me for almost a week now, though, officially/technically, it's only gonna be over at 11th/12th July, when the prom and its afterparty are set to be held.

joined Jan 14, 2020

...wait, prom and afterparty? In a pandemic?

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Well, the reservation for the prom at a hotel called Hilton was made by the school during the break in between the waves (the first wave ended a few weeks ago here, while the second literally began just 2 or 3 days ago), while the student body reserved the afterparty at Plavnica slightly later during said break in between the waves. Fingers crossed the 2nd wave won't be as serious or as long-lasting as the 1st.

last edited at Jun 22, 2020 5:08PM

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Wait you're in high school BV? By the way you sounded on the site I had the mental image of some middle aged man...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Wait you're in high school BV? By the way you sounded on the site I had the mental image of some middle aged man...

What what? I think I mentioned multiple times over the last half year that I just turned 18 in November! I'm actually one of the youngest kids in the graduating class...

last edited at Jun 22, 2020 6:20PM

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

Sorry, it seems like at times I barely remember what I ate for lunch the same day. I also haven't been keeping a close eye on the thread either...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Sorry, it seems like at times I barely remember what I ate for lunch the same day. I also haven't been keeping a close eye on the thread either...

Fair.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Sometimes. Usually to drown out outside noise rather than to set a mood for reading. Sometimes just brown noise or water sounds 'music'. Otherwise, stuff without English lyrics, because those would be distracting. Anime songs and soundtracks, classical, Celtic, Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack, sometimes Latin or Arabic or such.

I never heard of brown noise until now. Wow, it's exactly what I needed! I don't know why, but its oddly relaxing. Thank you!

joined Jan 14, 2020

You're welcome!

I often use a fan or something for the noise effect as well as the air effect. If I don't have a device like that, I've tried white noise, then pink noise, now brown. (From a laptop or a phone app.)

last edited at Jun 22, 2020 11:03PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Congratulations to our graduating class of 2020! Bravo, well done. I'm glad you escaped high school. Or if it wasn't an escape, then may your future be even brighter!

Sakura Cartelet
joined May 28, 2016

I remember way back years ago when I was supposed to graduate I went on a camping trip a few weeks before it and came home with pneumonia. Had to miss the last few weeks of school although thankfully I was well enough to go to graduation- although I was unable to do any of the recitals.

joined Oct 22, 2018

^^ Thank you!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Ah high school. Never again...wait.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/76640329
Non non biyori Hotarun x Koma-chan

Didn't see the gallery update lol

last edited at Jun 23, 2020 8:02AM

Givemeanaccount
Screen%20shot%202022-10-24%20at%208.03.03%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017

@OrangePekoe
Thank you. And while I didn't get to have a traditional graduation, it was made up by getting a lot of free food and having the second semester be really easy.

last edited at Jun 23, 2020 4:19PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Thank you OrangePekoe, and congratulations to everyone else who's graduated from class of 2020!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Are you someone with free time? do you like theater and good stories? DO YOU LIKE GIRLS?
Then how about you join me and read this new release of a whooping 70 (and technically it's 69) pages of manga! and that's just the first chapter! .. Wow wow wow wow.... .wow!

https://mangadex.org/title/44814/maku-musubi

You can read chapter 02 and 03 if you know spanish but ANYWAY I really like this one and I got excited to see the first one translated to English too, apparently the translator ain't ready to take over the whole manga but still, it's worth giving it a try.

This is the same mangaka that did The Night Owl Witch

But warning, the translator threw a few jokes all around, I guess his main intention was to call the attention of some fansub and not to make a very serious release

last edited at Jun 23, 2020 10:35PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

(and technically it's 69)

Nice.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The new Honkai event went full non canon bad end...
The new TeriTeri is pretty good. Yaaay freaking farming...

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/61324495
Gabriel dropout Raphi x Satania

joined Jul 26, 2016

The new Honkai event went full non canon bad end...

I mean all the transient event storylines in HI3 are non-canon anyway. The Captain doesn't even exist in the primary narrative - which can be seen as pretty meta from certain points of view.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Are you someone with free time? do you like theater and good stories? DO YOU LIKE GIRLS?
Then how about you join me and read this new release of a whooping 70 (and technically it's 69) pages of manga! and that's just the first chapter! .. Wow wow wow wow.... .wow!

It's a good advertisement. Bravo.

But while all of you are distracted by that, I, a true, epic gamer, am preparing for what will be the undoubtedly the real game of the year.

Hey, let us know how it is! :P

I watched some gameplays of the Last of Us 2. Most of the gamers I watched were shocked when the golf scene happened.

I actually wasn't shocked or turned off by that at all. I thought it was a bold and well-executed move that was decently hinted at in everything that led up to the game's release. The cliffhanger in the middle of the game on the other hand, made the next 8-9 hours of playing almost completely intolerable. Which is too bad, because I think it was a good story for the most part.

Givemeanaccount
joined Apr 25, 2017

Hey, let us know how it is! :P

Alright, I'm very close to the end of the game and I already know the ending. I found Battle For Bikini Bottom Rehydrated to be an overall good remake of a really good game.

I'm going to get this out of the way. Do not trust IGN or Gamespot's review for it. I would go into why, but I assume that's not what you're interested in.

I loved the original as a kid and I was excited to see it be remade. Battle For Bikini Bottom Rehydrated does what I had hoped it would do. Take the original game and make it look pretty and put it on a modern console. It does just that. The remade graphics look good, are quite colorful, and fit with the style of the show. Same with the character models, and some of the animations. The game also plays well, with the controls being tight and responsive and the gameplay being simple and enjoyable, making it fun to play. I did come to realize it's actually a lot easier then I remember it being, but it is a kids game and I remember it being pretty tough as a kid. The gameplay can sometimes show it's age (as is bound to come from a 17 year old game).

There are some small technical issues I had with it, such has having the textures pop in occasionally and having a slight glitch with the opening cutscene, but nothing huge.

I'm not sure about if I've seen any of the cut content (it's been a while since I played the original) and I haven't gotten a chance to play the new multiplayer and horde mode. But overall, it's a solid game and I would say if you loved the original and wanted it on a newer console or just want a simple, fun Spongebob game, I would recommend it. If you haven't played it, think of it as a Spongebob-themed Super Mario 64 or Banjo Kazooie. I'd overall give it an 8/10.

last edited at Jun 25, 2020 10:21PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ I've seen speedruns of the OG game. I can confirm it looks like a fun platformer.

I mean all the transient event storylines in HI3 are non-canon anyway. The Captain doesn't even exist in the primary narrative - which can be seen as pretty meta from certain points of view.

I can see cap going "AKARIIIIIN" when you pick story mode.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Yzmyu/status/1230541896398733312
FF14 Ryne x Gaia

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Steam summer sale is upon us!

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/81022636
Touhou Remilia x Sakuya

joined Jan 21, 2015

^ I'm broke this year, but happy shopping to everyone! If anyone is looking for recommendations, some good lesser-known games I've played the past couple years on Steam include Cat Quest, Valley, Mu Cartographer (if that one even qualifies as a game), Stacking and Empathy: Path of Whispers.

The other day I was talking to a woman (who was frankly way out of my league) and occasionally she would smile at me and bite her lip. I'm terrible at identifying body language clues and it was her workplace anyway, but I swear lip biting is supposed to be a sign of attraction?? I try not to be one of those creeps who mistake a professional smile for flirting so obviously nothing is going to come out of it, but if she was into me it's nice sometimes to know that someone finds you cute even though you think you look like a potato.

Givemeanaccount
joined Apr 25, 2017

Steam summer sale is upon us!

The price of everything in my wish list went from $321.25 to $114.94. Imma have to go shopping soon.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/67365234
Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? Rize x Sharo

To reply you must either login or sign up.