Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

JK Rowling is being a transphobic shit again, why can't she just delete her twitter

It sucks that someone so powerful is a bigot. On the bright side, Graham Linehan finally got banned from Twitter and basically all he did was be an obsessive transphobic shit. Something good happens once in a while.

Hopefully the same fate awaits JKR eventually, sooner or later.

[idiot]
joined May 10, 2014

It sucks that someone so powerful is a bigot.

I get what you meant but I have to say it: did you forget who's the US president right now?! LOL

While I don't agree with censorship. I hate her guts so much I wouldn't mind, honestly, fuck her. Dumbass thinks she is all so inclusive by saying bullshit after the story is finished, says more dumb shit, says transphobic shit.
I don't even like HP anymore, but it has nothing to do with her personally. Seen the real her in public makes me even doubt she wrote those books by herself*. And this was BEFORE the transphobic saga!
And well, the movies were all shite after the 3rd one.
I want to rant harder now but I won't.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/1110010
To love ru Yami x Mikan

joined Jan 21, 2015

I get what you meant but I have to say it: did you forget who's the US president right now?! LOL

I mean, yeah, I could've worded that another way. To put it differently, it's depressing that so many powerful people are bigoted assholes. Putting it that way makes it more depressing, though. In Rowling's case, I was thinking about how she's a huge children's books author and she has the power to influence millions of kids all over the world with her bigotry.

[idiot]
joined May 10, 2014

I mean, yeah, I could've worded that another way. To put it differently, it's depressing that so many powerful people are bigoted assholes. Putting it that way makes it more depressing, though. In Rowling's case, I was thinking about how she's a huge children's books author and she has the power to influence millions of kids all over the world with her bigotry.

Oh MAN. You opened a huge can of worms right there. But I have to stop myself because I know I'll get that ass banned if I mega rant about the subject here.

joined Oct 22, 2018

While I don't agree with censorship. I hate her guts so much I wouldn't mind, honestly, fuck her. Dumbass thinks she is all so inclusive by saying bullshit after the story is finished, says more dumb shit, says transphobic shit.

That's the way I view all bigotry really - I generally don't agree with censorship, but if certain bigots have enough of a media clout around them... It may prove necessary to close the pipe of hateful lies.

[idiot]
joined May 10, 2014

That's the way I view all bigotry really - I generally don't agree with censorship, but if certain bigots have enough of a media clout around them... It may prove necessary to close the pipe of hateful lies.

I mean, giving bigots a platform was the way fucking nazis gained a voice again by integrating themselves with this anti-sjw bullshit a few years ago. All social media is a mess. That's why there are very specific cases where I agree with censorship. There's no place for this kind of shit in modern society...or society ever.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Why do you people care so much about what Rowling says or thinks? Anyone may use these platforms whether or not they are a "bigot" or not and while I may or may not approve of what they say, I think the people should have the right to say it.

92236351_878729135885352_4304261003933122560_n
joined Oct 17, 2019

The issue is that she is radicalizing a lot of her fans, and the UK already has too many TERFs (there are that many that they are attacking laws protecting trans people and preventing laws that would protect trans people)

joined Jan 21, 2015

Oh MAN. You opened a huge can of worms right there.

Whoops!

The issue is that she is radicalizing a lot of her fans, and the UK already has too many TERFs (there are that many that they are attacking laws protecting trans people and preventing laws that would protect trans people)

Basically this. A lot a young people, or parents of young people who read her books, follow her on Twitter and see make her well-written, rational-sounding arguments like "sex is real", and then they see people insulting her in the replies. Surely those rude people must be wrong, and the nice lady author they like is right? If some random person spouts hate online, that's their problem. But if someone with a huge platform uses it to spread hate and lies about a vulnerable group, that's when it becomes a problem for everyone. In my opinion at least.

Anyway. Here's an official art of Sakura Quest's (remember that anime? it was a fun watch) Maki and Sanae that got lost in the upload queue. The author of the manga adaptation shipped them. Loved the domestic roommates-to-lovers vibe they gave off. Might try requesting an upload again, I dunno.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Nakoruru
joined Jun 20, 2020

But now even Twitter & Facebook are trying to rein him in.

joined Oct 17, 2019

Talking about social media, Reddit finally decided to take action against the hate subreddits

The transphobic shithole r/GenderCritical was deleted, and a massive amount of other subs have also been deleted

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Oh, that's great. I know r/AgainstHateSubreddits was founded recently, and I'm proud to say that r/CivBattleRoyale, the one subreddit I visit most often, was put on the list of subreddits that are part of that momevent.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

My friend finally was able to come to visit and I introduced her to the world of Madoka. I watched her reaction out of the corner of my eye as "that thing" happened with "that one blonde girl" and it was gloooooooorious hahahaha.... and then of course it just keeps going from there.... we weren't able to finish the whole series but now she's all about finishing the rest ASAP

joined Oct 17, 2019

How far did you get into it?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

We got as far as finally having Homura's story revealed, so pretty far in, only a couple episodes left. She was just as bothered by Kyouko's "prayer" as I was, heh. (Yes that's right, I'm a 41 year old KyoSaya fangirl, come @ me lol)

Cccccc
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's great!!! glad to know you two had fun xP I was lucky enough to watch the series without spoiling myself with THAT and lol I was shocked, and then it was one revelation after another I think I saw the whole anime with this "D:" face... AND THEN Rebellion happened and I was ((((D:))))

I said this on another thread but I would be so happy if they make a movie about Walpurgis Night, the origin and the end.

last edited at Jun 29, 2020 5:52PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

We got as far as finally having Homura's story revealed, so pretty far in, only a couple episodes left. She was just as bothered by Kyouko's "prayer" as I was, heh. (Yes that's right, I'm a 41 year old KyoSaya fangirl, come @ me lol)

The only way I'd come @ you for being a KyouSaya fangirl is in a sign of comradery to you!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

That's great!!! glad to know you two had fun xP I was lucky enough to watch the series without spoiling myself with THAT and lol I was shocked, and then it was one revelation after another I think I saw the whole anime with this "D:" face... AND THEN Rebellion happened and I was ((((D:))))

I said this on another thread but I would be so happy if they make a movie about Walpurgis Night, the origin and the end.

I too went into it bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and unspoiled, and I too went "DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:" through most of it. And then I watched Rebellion, and that one moment with Kyouko and Sayaka I went "oh my little gay heart", hahahaha

I still get chills every time I hear that Walpurgis laugh, lol

[idiot]
joined May 10, 2014

Why do you people care so much about what Rowling says or thinks? Anyone may use these platforms whether or not they are a "bigot" or not and while I may or may not approve of what they say, I think the people should have the right to say it.

YarnGirl already answered for me. But my rant would've been more generalized not just on J.K. but on groups that brainwash vulnerable people as well.
Yes, mental abuse is my trigger. The only right way to influence people is by telling them to think for themselves and build their own personality/opinion.

Aaaaaaaay Shades finally had her sleepover~

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/74068214
Girls und Panzer Miho x Yukari

Screen%20shot%202019-05-23%20at%207.55.53%20pm
joined Jun 11, 2016

This is why we separate art from the artist.

joined Oct 22, 2018

fast forward a century, when someone separates "The Story of Zadura and Odlega" from me and makes a Puella Magi spin-off manga off of it

joined Oct 22, 2018

Montenegro really got a crisis this year, huh? I don't remember if it started in late 2019 or early 2020, but ever since the DPS decided to make a new law about religion and stuff (despite the head of that party being an atheist), the Mitropoly of Montenegro and the Litoral, itself a part of the Serbian Orthodox Church, supported by, not just many devout believers, but also the conservative, right-wing, serbist coalition DF, the largest oppositionary political grouping, went to protest on Thursdays and Sundays in litanies. That is, until COVID reached Montenegro. The whole earlier mentioned law is kinda controversial, and, from what little I understand, it infringes a bit on the religious freedom stipulations from the constitution? Anyways, DPS has dominated Montenegrin politics for 3 decades, and more recently they (or, rather, Milo, their leader, together with his inner circle) had started going more authoritarian. The only way I can describe what I see here is like what Putin and his ER party have done in Russia, but, like, politically centrist. Anyways, the first wave of COVID passed here with a pretty low number of fatalities, even if you take into account the fact that Montenegro's population is just over two thirds of a million. The hardest hit area by percentage of population was, I think, the Tuzi municipality (unrelated, but its demographics are largely made up of Catholic Albanians). But barely has the first wave ended when all hell broke loose in the Budva municipality (if you ever heard of any tourist spots in Montenegro, it (much to my chagrin, since I'm more of a Korita, Čanj, Buljarica, Petrovac and Njivice type'a person) would probably be Budva). Y'see, in the most recent municipal parliamentary and presidential elections, a large chunk of the opposition banded together, narrowly defeating DPS and its coalition partners to take the government there. It was DF and a centre-right party, the Democrats (also supportive of the litanies), calling the shots, but this oppositional coalition also included the SNP (another supporter of the litanies), DEMOS, SDP, URA, as well as (weirdly, considering they sided with the DPS on the whole litany crisis) the LP and the Montenegrin. However, the DPS and their SD coalition partners managed to get a majority more recently by making new coalition partners. The oppositional coalition saw this as an unlawful power-grab, them and their supporters protesting, and the president of the municipality rejecting to abandon his post when the DPS tried to put their own candidate into position. Police was sent in, and, in a story that surely must look familiar to anyone following recent events in the USA, deployed tear-gas, beating the protesters and arresting the municipal president. The thing is, though, the regular police may be in the hands of the national government, but the communal police was in the hands of the municipal government, which, weirdly, caused an inter-police conflict. In the following days, the crowd responded to police violence with violence of their own. The police in Budva are outnumbered. In a horrific act, the police even deployed a few canisters of teargas at a local elementary school, which ended up breaking a window of the school gym, forcing the kids and their teachers to evacuate the gym immediatelly. Some Budvan protesters were holding signs saying "We'll get 50% less tourists, but we got a 100% more presidents.", referring to the earlier-mentioned dispute over the municipal presidency. A bit before that, but also kinda more simultaneously, and also affecting me personally more (due to me being forced to make circuitous routes during my walks in attempts to avert the crowds) the litanies re-started during the dying days of COVID's first wave. Given the whole authoritarianism and police brutality things, I was considering temporarily taking the side of the wider opposition against the DPS and its allies, especially after watching some facebook vid by a guy from Cetinje denouncing the DPS' authoritarianism and corruption, but also criticing the opposition for not unifying on a national scale and being more talk than act with the whole "caring about the people" BS they always mention - a vid that kinda speaks volumes, given that the Cetinje municipality is a DPS stronghold. The second wave of COVID is beginning, this time with the Rožaje municipality (unrelated, but it is largely Muslim Bosniaks in demographics) being hit the hardest, which will probably put yet another pause to the political crisis we've been having. Also, remember how I mentioned that I was considering temporarily aligning with the opposition against DPS, despite my hate for the DF and similar right-wing parties/coalitions? Yeah, today a reason emerged for me to back-pedal on that. About a year ago, a bill was introduced to parliament to allow the issuance of same-sex "union" certificates (similar to what they do in several municipalities in Japan, as you may well know), but it got dropped for whatever reason. Now the bill was re-introduced, and the situation, at least from the information I gathered from the news earlier today, the DPS, SD, several minor coalition partners of theirs and various minority parties are largely supporting the bill, while the DF, Democrats, SNP, DEMOS, URA, and FORCA (the largest Albanian party here in Montenegro), amongst others being against the bill, some because they just want to show the middle-finger to DPS, some because they consider it an insult to the traditional family, but most because of both. Only the SDP remains silent on the issue, and their support may tip the scales one way or another. (Then again, no wonder SDP hasn't stated their opinion, given their leader found it necessary to instead participate on some non-governmental panel about the warcrimes of Montenegrin soldiers and state committed during the Yugoslav Wars (I only really remember the Siege of Dubrovnik by name, but they did mention others, which I just happened to forget since the time they mentioned it)). Another item added to my list of grievances against the DF.

last edited at Jun 30, 2020 6:21PM

[idiot]
joined May 10, 2014

^ that was a lot to take in, thanks for sharing.
I almost share the bullshit that's going on in my country right now, but I don't like spreading allegations without proof.

This is why we shouldn't put people in pedestals. Claims should be discarded until enough evidence is provided. This should be taught in schools. it would've saved me from a lot of pain

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/67264867
Youjo senki Tanya x Viktoriya

I FORGOT TO SHARE THIS it doesn't look like it's been translated, though.

last edited at Jul 1, 2020 10:52AM

Cccccc
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm gonna watch K-on Again, thanks Rye for posting that picture.

Also

There are two kind of people

Givemeanaccount
Screen%20shot%202020-05-24%20at%2010.45.47%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017

My Adorable Bitch

I wanna read that now, just for the title alone

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1217322294759944193
Azur Lane Belfast x Enterprise

To reply you must either login or sign up.