Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

joined Jan 14, 2020

History, science, Tolkien, reading SF, reading fanfic, some other interests that might make me too identifiable.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Fuck teachers, most of them hate anime style for some reason and when it comes to cartoon you'll end up looking like a generic Disney show ... For manga, you can learn online and don't let anyone tell you shit and if they do well fuck them.... Also yes I draw and I love it.

I also like music very much but I can't find new stuff as easy as before... Sometimes I just enjoy vocaloid.

I would like to learn how to play bass... Also I like overwatch.

I also have a bad passionate side, which is shipping, I don't debate it online but I get really mad thinking about "wrong" ships or the ones who just disregard chemistry and go for whatever character they like, for example, when I see the MHA fanart drawing Uravity with whoever they want or even worse with love live characters ... I just get so mad it's hilarious, I don't comment on the pairs I don't like of course because I know it's all bs, I know it's problematic sometimes but geeeeeezzzzz pls understand, for me is like seeing ntr everywhere

last edited at Jun 16, 2020 4:08PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I guess my only hobby is reading and watching videos. I feel like I should do pursue new interests, but I end up giving up due to exhaustion, self-loathing, or both.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Any good science YT channels? Most of the ones I used to follow kinda died or don't post very often.
What do you mean "watch discovery channel"?

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/69876294
Yu-Gi-Oh! Eria x Hiita
NSFW

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I barely watch YT nowadays (i cut it down significantly cos I was wasting all my time on it). From stuff I'm still following there is this. Videos are 4-5 minutes short, so it's quick to watch and very accessible. They post 2 videos a week on average, but it seems it slowed down to 1 recently thanks to corona-chan.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh I watch Scishow main channel sometimes, I didn't know there's was a more serious channel.

I barely watch YT nowadays (i cut it down significantly cos I was wasting all my time on it).

Yep, that was me 2 years ago. That's why I only multitask YT now(except for Vtubers and gaming stuff for obvious reasons). Back then I'd waste an entire days just looking up random crap.

last edited at Jun 17, 2020 9:08AM

I also used to watch a ton of Youtube, it was way too time-consuming so I stopped

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I like reading, writing, politics, art, dreaming, tv, movies, cats, etc. Basically anything that gets my brain or imagination roaming us good. I have a lot of softer interests (basketball, psychology, history, fashion, cooking) that I don't really get to spend any time with. There's only so much one can do while trying to survive, you know...

I also have a bad passionate side, which is shipping, I don't debate it online but I get really mad thinking about "wrong" ships or the ones who just disregard chemistry and go for whatever character they like, for example, when I see the MHA fanart drawing Uravity with whoever they want or even worse with love live characters ... I just get so mad it's hilarious, I don't comment on the pairs I don't like of course because I know it's all bs, I know it's problematic sometimes but geeeeeezzzzz pls understand, for me is like seeing ntr everywhere

I wouldn't say I get mad really, but this is too relatable it kinda hurts to see someone else say it out loud...

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/38840565
Kiniro mosaic Yoko x Ayaya

Oh and this was just beautiful...

last edited at Jun 17, 2020 10:07AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm reading Elephants and Kings, on war elephants and Indian kingship. Learned of it from the acoup.blog series on war elephants. The same guy is tearing apart the movie battle of Helm's Deep.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I personally like idea of discussing different ships, what works and what doesn't, but what turns me off to it is exactly that majority of people take them way too seriously and any constructive discussion devolves into calling heresy and insulting other people before it even has chance to start.

Right, I also record some gameplay videos of FGO and upload them on my channel. Recently I tried to actually edit them, but to call it a hobby is a bit too much.

last edited at Jun 17, 2020 1:49PM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

My friend had to cancel our sleepover, WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH ;_____;

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Oof.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Thank you everyone for the replies! I didn't have any deep reason for asking, just wanted to confirm that we're all a bunch of nerds.

Oh, I do the same thing. I also keep my thoughts to myself though, obviously. I really appreciate when people ship and let ship, arguments about shipping often devolve into "this ship is bad/toxic and you should feel bad for liking it" and it gets obnoxious really fast.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

A normal calm debate in the internet? Hahaha never gonna happen. Vestal x Enty > Belfast x Enty
Now fite me! I'm half joking. I don't mind discussion, in fact I encourage it.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/49206455
Fairy tail Wendy x Shelia
Lolis "friendship"

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I remember once I was considering creating thread to discuss parings or at least start discussion in Love Love thread. Realizing most people wouldn't even attempt to have a civil conversation and it'd immediately turn into uncontrollable mess that'd lead to closing of the thread took me less than 5 seconds, so I never did.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm personally interested if someday any shipping wars occur as a result of the story I started writing yesterday. There's gonna be no real argument when it comes to the protagonists who'll be so canon that, spoilers, they actually get married, but I can see certain side characters getting shipped, no matter if the fanships are yuri, yaoi or het. It'd be very amusing for me to watch, lmao.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Hahahahahah xD Look guys! He thinks making a paring canon will stop people from shipping them with someone else stares

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ I guess you're right. If just being officers on the same battlefield would be enough to have any side characters be shipped by the readers, why would the protagonists (who's names are in the title of the work) be exempt from the same rule by craccshippers?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Pffffft in my main unfinished story I started years ago the main girl is a borderline harem girl with two main ladies love with her, so it'll be interesting to see something like that if I ever actually get to making it a reality by getting rid of this never ending depression and anger
I have 4 somewhat connected stories planned out if anyone is curious. 2 are full yuri, 2 are mainly adventure.

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Mine is mainly a "history of fictional world"-type of story, but the protagonists are gonna be a canon yuri couple. I say "gonna be" because the first chapter is but a prologue, and by the time the narrative period following the prologue ends, they're just 6 years old.

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 11:25AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I have this hot Fate/Hayate scene in my head, and I love a cute Harry/Luna fanfic, so yeah, official ships hardly shut things down.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

Pffffft in my main unfinished story I started years ago the main girl is a borderline harem girl with two main ladies love with her, so it'll be interesting to see something like that if I ever actually get to making it a reality by getting rid of this never ending depression and anger
I have 4 somewhat connected stories planned out if anyone is curious. 2 are full yuri, 2 are mainly adventure.

Please, I have ideas for at least 50 mangas. 10 have at least somewhat completed story. I just need to finally learn how to draw...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Dooo eeeettt https://imgur.com/gallery/JyHnG (you can download the whole album if you click on the 3 dots at the end o the post next to the share links)

joined Oct 22, 2018

My story would largely be a novel, but there will be quite the number of maps and also several illustrations. The only thing I'll really need to put a lot of effort into drawing is the wedding of our protagonists, because I already know that whichever Dynasty Reader goes on to read this stuff will want to see that more than anything.

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 12:14PM

I finished rewatching Symphogear and now I am rewatching Nanoha (I have rewatched season 1 and the movie version of it so far)

last edited at Jun 18, 2020 2:41PM by

To reply you must either login or sign up.